Thread: My parents wanted divorce.

Default My parents wanted divorce.

My parents continued fight and now reached to the end with divorce. I don't know what to do if they split up, because I love them both and I really sad about that. I've doing my best for them but they still didn't hear me. So my question now, is divorce a good solution or not? My life these days feels heavy and burden for thinking it, I think they are a good parents for me, did I wrong about that?

AEther*

Not knowing them, its hard to say.

They did wait until you were old enough to take care of yourself. I count that as a positive.

I'm very sorry to hear this. This is one of life's tough transitions. First of all, their decision is not based on anything you have done and none of this is your fault. You still have two parents who will both continue to love you, just as you will continue to love them.

It doesn't matter what age you are, a divorce in any family is always difficult. It's natural to experience feelings of sadness, confusion, and perhaps some anger. Just go easy on yourself and allow yourself to feel these things. It's also normal for you to want your parents to stay together because you love them both and don't want to see either of them hurt. Your life was built on the foundation of their marriage so this is a significant change in your life too. I'm sure they took all your needs into account before arriving at such a difficult decision. Keep in mind that aside from being parents, they are also individuals with hopes, dreams and frustrations, just like the rest of us.

The most important thing to remember is that you did nothing to cause it and there is nothing you can, or should, do to prevent it. Just let them know that you love them both and this transition will not change that. Things will be different moving forward, but you will always have the memories of growing up in a loving household with two parents who both loved you and will continue to love you.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 18-Sep-2016 at 17:22.

Would you want to live with some one you fight with all the time .
    No some times people fall out of love .
    You may not know every thing that is going on parents tend to keep things from the kids as not to hurt them.
    The one thing is not to let them bash each other with you in the middle.
    My mom did not do that so I could learn what my dad was like on my own.
    Tell them you love them both alone.
    Not your fault do not blame yourself most of all.
    I found out later in life it was better for me that I did not grow up with my dad in my case .
    I know its hard to see this happen
    Enjoy joy the time you spend with each one.
    Mabey they can end up friends hope so .
    If you need to talk we are all here for you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AEther View Post
    My parents continued fight and now reached to the end with divorce. I don't know what to do if they split up, because I love them both and I really sad about that. I've doing my best for them but they still didn't hear me. So my question now, is divorce a good solution or not? My life these days feels heavy and burden for thinking it, I think they are a good parents for me, did I wrong about that?

AEther*
    AEther, I'm so sorry to hear that your parents are getting a divorce.

"is divorce a good solution or not?"
    If there is constant fighting and unhappiness in your home, then divorce may be the best thing for everyone. It can bring back the happiness that was lost in all the fighting. You still have two parents who love you.

You mentioned in a previous thread that you were the oldest and you had a little brother and a little sister.

" I think they are a good parents for me, did I wrong about that?"
    Your parents know that they need to put the children first during the divorce. That means that every decision is made in the children's interest.

They must also be committed to making the divorce 'amicable'. Amicable means "having a spirit of friendliness; without serious disagreement or rancor". That means that they will not fight over money or the children.

I'm sure that everything will be o.k. Your parents must be good people to raise a person like you.

I wish you the best.
    Last edited by tickles51; 19-Sep-2016 at 12:14.

Thank you for all your comments, you all are very good people. Perhaps I just frustrated about what they have done, but sure even feels hard but I really want to forgive them both, they really meaningful for me and my life.

AEther*

In my opinion, some people are not ment to stay together.

Its true you can work on making any relationship work, that does not mean that it should be made to work.