Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexuality

Default Sexuality

Alright, IDK if this has been posted before, but here it goes. Is it possible to have a neutral sexuality, as in you have no desire for either sex and you are not gay? Sometimes I feel like this. Does anyone else?

I'm not, but Pojo is right that what you describe sounds like asexuality. I'm going to go ahead and give you this Wikipedia link.
    Last edited by dinorider; 18-Mar-2009 at 02:13.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Alright, IDK if this has been posted before, but here it goes. Is it possible to have a neutral sexuality, as in you have no desire for either sex and you are not gay? Sometimes I feel like this. Does anyone else?
    Well sure, there's a few people here who aren't interested in sex at all and their sexuality is mostly/exclusively focused on diapers, although that could be any fetish really. I wouldn't imagine these people would describe themselves as asexual since they have sexual urges, it's just not for people.

As for being "not gay", well... just because you aren't having (or not interested in) sex doesn't necessarily means that's the case. Homosexuality is having stronger feelings for the same sex than the opposite, a preference to sharing your life with the same gender; sex is just one way to express those feelings. Sexuality isn't dependent on who you're having sex with, it's who you would want to be in a relationship with, even if that doesn't include sex.

Yes there is it's called asexuality. I'm an asexual myself and the only thing that turns me on is diapers. Not all asexuals have fetishes though, of course.

Some asexuals may desire sexless relationships while others may not. Personally I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy View Post
    I'm an asexual myself and the only thing that turns me on is diapers.
    Maybe i'm just confused by the meaning of the word "asexual' but i don't understand it when i hear stuff like that. For example i've heard a couple people say, "yeah i'm asexual, but i still masturbate." But getting turned on and masturbating are both sexual things, right?

I'm not trying to dig on you or call you out or anything like that, just genuinely puzzled. Am i simply taking the meaning of the word 'asexual' (i.e. "not sexual") too literally?

Quote Originally Posted by krebstar View Post
    I'm not trying to dig on you or call you out or anything like that, just genuinely puzzled. Am i simply taking the meaning of the word 'asexual' (i.e. "not sexual") too literally?
    Asexual most oftenly refers to non-sexual reproduction. A feat which humans are incapable of. However in this context it means that someone is not interested in sex in general but it doesn't mean that they can't be turned on by other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsendo View Post
    Asexual most oftenly refers to non-sexual reproduction. A feat which humans are incapable of. However in this context it means that someone is not interested in sex in general but it doesn't mean that they can't be turned on by other things.
    I've taken my biology courses lol

My problem, i guess, is mostly just with the word. I mentally associate 'asexual' with celibacy, while the two are different (though not mutually exclusive i would suppose). Guess if i thought that out beforehand i wouldn't have had to post in the first place haha

I think the 'sexual' is referring to the act of sex, as opposed to sexual feelings.

So an asexual can still be turned on by diapers (or whatever), and they will still be asexual as long as actual intercourse isn't sexual to them.

Although I'd guess that they won't find genitalia or other sexy stuff sexy either...