Abu pre school just arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy46

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys so i just got a case if them and i was all excited untill i discovered the tape panel they went with is allarmingly similar to that of the tykables overnights gen1. Basically its not a glossy landing zone like on other diapers and on the overnights they had major tape issues. They seem to be holding fine for now but its kinda got me worrying, exspecially aince they advertised them as an out and about diaper.

****EDIT*****

SO after wearing for a while and wetting i found that the tapes hold just fine, and i can even move them and not loose traction. As for thickness, they are about the same as a tykables over night if not very slightly thinner, and about 1/2 the thickness of an ABU space, or Paws. And lastly i did wet one, and i thought i wicked rather slow, but i did it lying down on my back so theres that... oh and no leaking too

*****EDIT***** TAPES BROKE!!!

So i decided to double diaper with a 24/7 and the abu preschool, sat down at my pc and played some games. After a few hours one tape completely seperated from the wings of the diaper while remaining stuck to the panel.

Last edited:
thatguy46 said:
Hey guys so i just got a case if them and i was all excited untill i discovered the tape panel they went with is allarmingly similar to that of the tykables overnights gen1. Basically its not a glossy landing zone like on other diapers and on the overnights they had major tape issues. They seem to be holding fine for now but its kinda got me worrying, exspecially aince they advertised them as an out and about diaper.

Interesting indeed! Well... I look forward to hearing people's experiences with these. I could see this diaper going either way--being a big hit, or an utter failure. I'm just not sure that the "out and about" aspect is enough to sell people on the weird "hybrid" thing. I'm still leaning toward "marketing department misfire" at the moment--like what Snuggies did with the S.Ex. diapers when they boldly targeted a market that was completely nonexistent, and ended up having to re-brand the product to appeal to DLs. For the vast majority who like plastic-backed diapers, and for the ever-growing minority who like cloth-backed diapers, this one seems to be neither here nor there. :shrug: But if it flops, I certainly hope it's not because of issues with tape adhesion! That would be lame.

I'll hold onto hope that ABU eventually brings back a proper cloth-backed diaper. This one's cute and amusing, but its construction is quite unlike any baby diaper, vintage or modern, so on authenticity it's gotta get pretty low marks.

How's the absorption? I'm really curious about that.

Sheepies said:
How's the absorption? I'm really curious about that.

So i just wet one and i can say it absorbed pretty well. I was lying down on my back, and flooded it, and it was great, it swelled a normal ammount but it didnt wick too fast tho :(

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:
Interesting indeed! Well... I look forward to hearing people's experiences with these. I could see this diaper going either way--being a big hit, or an utter failure. I'm just not sure that the "out and about" aspect is enough to sell people on the weird "hybrid" thing. I'm still leaning toward "marketing department misfire" at the moment--like what Snuggies did with the S.Ex. diapers when they boldly targeted a market that was completely nonexistent, and ended up having to re-brand the product to appeal to DLs. For the vast majority who like plastic-backed diapers, and for the ever-growing minority who like cloth-backed diapers, this one seems to be neither here nor there. :shrug: But if it flops, I certainly hope it's not because of issues with tape adhesion! That would be lame.

I'll hold onto hope that ABU eventually brings back a proper cloth-backed diaper. This one's cute and amusing, but its construction is quite unlike any baby diaper, vintage or modern, so on authenticity it's gotta get pretty low marks.

So after wearing one for a while i found two things, #1 the adhesion is flawless, and retaping didnt seem to affect it. So i think its pretty good. As for thickness id say its about the same as a tykables overnight. if not slightly less, very very slightly less

Anything on #2? Not sure if you do that, but any info on that front is appreciated.

Hotdog55 said:
Anything on #2? Not sure if you do that, but any info on that front is appreciated.
I dont really do #2 that often, but it feels like doing #2 would be fine in it as long as it wasnt a post taco bell episode. If that helps

How long did they last before they started to feel wet or leak?

Sheepies said:
How long did they last before they started to feel wet or leak?

Well, basically in one diaper i wet it while walking, and i didnt leak, then i continued to wet it a bit here and there and it still didnt leak. Then i changed and wore over night and had an accident and it still didnt leak, tho i didnt wet a heck of alot over night it was still a god ammount. As for feeling wet, they felt about the same as other diapers in that aspect.

*** update***
So i decided to double diaper with a 24/7 and the abu preschool, sat down at my pc and played some games. After a few hours one tape completely seperated from the wings of the diaper while remaining stuck to the panel.

I'm super jelly :( UPS tracking said mines was suppose to arrive early but that deadline has gone and past.... I'm suppose to get them Monday.... but tracking still says it left WA and hasn't checked in anywhere else.... I assume it's on a UPS truck somewhere.... anyways I hope I get mines soon or I'm going to be pretty sad.

Haha youll get em. Its probably just on a truck

does anyone know when a formal review will be posted on this site?

Finally just picked up my half case of them. For my first cloth covered diaper I am pleasantly surprised right now. The top tapes were having a little issue sticking earlier but it looks like they're going to hold on well (we'll see after I get out of class tonight).

tails1234 said:
does anyone know when a formal review will be posted on this site?

Not sure tbh. im not one for reviews but i might... might give it a try.

I'm looking forward to them. ;) just ordered my first pack along with a onesie (hopefully it fits well)

I was on the fence when i first saw these. I was intreagued enough to get a pack. The fit is excellent, the cloth backing is solidly affixed, durable and actually hits me right in the nostalgia as thats the sort i remember getting changed into for bed. Theyre a tad bit thinner which youd think would be a check in the red column but they feel so 'right' i dont even care. I may just be honeymooning over these still but for now theyre my faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back