Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu pre school just arrived.

Default Abu pre school just arrived.

Hey guys so i just got a case if them and i was all excited untill i discovered the tape panel they went with is allarmingly similar to that of the tykables overnights gen1. Basically its not a glossy landing zone like on other diapers and on the overnights they had major tape issues. They seem to be holding fine for now but its kinda got me worrying, exspecially aince they advertised them as an out and about diaper.

****EDIT*****

SO after wearing for a while and wetting i found that the tapes hold just fine, and i can even move them and not loose traction. As for thickness, they are about the same as a tykables over night if not very slightly thinner, and about 1/2 the thickness of an ABU space, or Paws. And lastly i did wet one, and i thought i wicked rather slow, but i did it lying down on my back so theres that... oh and no leaking too

*****EDIT***** TAPES BROKE!!!

So i decided to double diaper with a 24/7 and the abu preschool, sat down at my pc and played some games. After a few hours one tape completely seperated from the wings of the diaper while remaining stuck to the panel.
    Last edited by thatguy46; 18-Sep-2016 at 08:00.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy46 View Post
    Hey guys so i just got a case if them and i was all excited untill i discovered the tape panel they went with is allarmingly similar to that of the tykables overnights gen1. Basically its not a glossy landing zone like on other diapers and on the overnights they had major tape issues. They seem to be holding fine for now but its kinda got me worrying, exspecially aince they advertised them as an out and about diaper.
    Interesting indeed! Well... I look forward to hearing people's experiences with these. I could see this diaper going either way--being a big hit, or an utter failure. I'm just not sure that the "out and about" aspect is enough to sell people on the weird "hybrid" thing. I'm still leaning toward "marketing department misfire" at the moment--like what Snuggies did with the S.Ex. diapers when they boldly targeted a market that was completely nonexistent, and ended up having to re-brand the product to appeal to DLs. For the vast majority who like plastic-backed diapers, and for the ever-growing minority who like cloth-backed diapers, this one seems to be neither here nor there. But if it flops, I certainly hope it's not because of issues with tape adhesion! That would be lame.

I'll hold onto hope that ABU eventually brings back a proper cloth-backed diaper. This one's cute and amusing, but its construction is quite unlike any baby diaper, vintage or modern, so on authenticity it's gotta get pretty low marks.

How's the absorption? I'm really curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepies View Post
    How's the absorption? I'm really curious about that.
    So i just wet one and i can say it absorbed pretty well. I was lying down on my back, and flooded it, and it was great, it swelled a normal ammount but it didnt wick too fast tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Interesting indeed! Well... I look forward to hearing people's experiences with these. I could see this diaper going either way--being a big hit, or an utter failure. I'm just not sure that the "out and about" aspect is enough to sell people on the weird "hybrid" thing. I'm still leaning toward "marketing department misfire" at the moment--like what Snuggies did with the S.Ex. diapers when they boldly targeted a market that was completely nonexistent, and ended up having to re-brand the product to appeal to DLs. For the vast majority who like plastic-backed diapers, and for the ever-growing minority who like cloth-backed diapers, this one seems to be neither here nor there. But if it flops, I certainly hope it's not because of issues with tape adhesion! That would be lame.

I'll hold onto hope that ABU eventually brings back a proper cloth-backed diaper. This one's cute and amusing, but its construction is quite unlike any baby diaper, vintage or modern, so on authenticity it's gotta get pretty low marks.
    So after wearing one for a while i found two things, #1 the adhesion is flawless, and retaping didnt seem to affect it. So i think its pretty good. As for thickness id say its about the same as a tykables overnight. if not slightly less, very very slightly less

Anything on #2? Not sure if you do that, but any info on that front is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog55 View Post
    Anything on #2? Not sure if you do that, but any info on that front is appreciated.
    I dont really do #2 that often, but it feels like doing #2 would be fine in it as long as it wasnt a post taco bell episode. If that helps

How long did they last before they started to feel wet or leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepies View Post
    How long did they last before they started to feel wet or leak?
    Well, basically in one diaper i wet it while walking, and i didnt leak, then i continued to wet it a bit here and there and it still didnt leak. Then i changed and wore over night and had an accident and it still didnt leak, tho i didnt wet a heck of alot over night it was still a god ammount. As for feeling wet, they felt about the same as other diapers in that aspect.

*** update***
    So i decided to double diaper with a 24/7 and the abu preschool, sat down at my pc and played some games. After a few hours one tape completely seperated from the wings of the diaper while remaining stuck to the panel.

I'm super jelly UPS tracking said mines was suppose to arrive early but that deadline has gone and past.... I'm suppose to get them Monday.... but tracking still says it left WA and hasn't checked in anywhere else.... I assume it's on a UPS truck somewhere.... anyways I hope I get mines soon or I'm going to be pretty sad.