Max amounts of wettings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is it me or does it seem like all diapers can only take a maximum of 3-4 wettings before they leak? Regardless of how thick the diaper is, if you give it 3 good wettings I usually start to get moisture around the legs. It doesn't so much as leak but when I sit in my computer chair it does get a bit wet.

Also, can anyone tell me if a Confidry 24/7 in a medium would be a decent fit for a size 32 waist. I bought the smalls but they seem to small and I heard there sizes run big.

every diaper has it's breaking point! personally I prefer to max out diapers for convenience and to spend less $$$

leaks are gonna happen if you don't change promptly

SoakedSheets said:
every diaper has it's breaking point! personally I prefer to max out diapers for convenience and to spend less $$$

leaks are gonna happen if you don't change promptly

Yeah, but what I'm saying is this. Rearz Safari, Bambino Bellisimo, ABU space diapers are all super big diapers, but with just 3 good wettings (no small wettings either) I always get a bit of moisture around the leg cuffs so that when I sit my chair gets a bit wet. I'm not saying its a problem, I was just wondering if everyone else is getting the same results, and by that I mean that pretty much all diapers can only hold 3-4 big wettings.

Lifetime said:
Yeah, but what I'm saying is this. Rearz Safari, Bambino Bellisimo, ABU space diapers are all super big diapers, but with just 3 good wettings (no small wettings either) I always get a bit of moisture around the leg cuffs so that when I sit my chair gets a bit wet. I'm not saying its a problem, I was just wondering if everyone else is getting the same results, and by that I mean that pretty much all diapers can only hold 3-4 big wettings.
yes I would agree that 3 or 4 is about as much as any diaper can handle. Any more than that and I'm risking wetting my pants

Lifetime said:
Also, can anyone tell me if a Confidry 24/7 in a medium would be a decent fit for a size 32 waist. I bought the smalls but they seem to small and I heard there sizes run big.

I wear a dry 24/7 in medium size and am a 36 inch waist , plenty of room for a bigger waist size before i would go to a large for sure.

Much depends on how much you wet each time you wet. If you have a major dam break each time, the diaper will hold much less than if you have lots of little leaks.

chamberpot said:
I wear a dry 24/7 in medium size and am a 36 inch waist , plenty of room for a bigger waist size before i would go to a large for sure.

I meant to say that I have a size 32 waist which is at the bottom of the medium size. I just worried that it might be to big at that point.

Foxroxsox said:
Much depends on how much you wet each time you wet. If you have a major dam break each time, the diaper will hold much less than if you have lots of little leaks.

When I wet it's usually a pretty decent amount. I drink a cup of juice then a cup of water then some soda for the acidic content to make me go sooner. So, normally when I wet it's pretty much a dam breaking.

If you're totally emptying your bladder each time, then you may be at the max absorbancy for each. Depending on the acquisition rate, if you wait a few more minutes before sitting, perhaps you'd give them a chance to grab a bit more? I know the Dry 24/7's pretty well, and while they hold a LOT, they don't absorb quickly. On the bright side, a cheap diaper might not even take one good wetting.

I don't know if the sizing might have changed, but I still have some of the original Dry 24/7 smalls in blue, and my waist is 32-33 inches, although I wear size 30 pants. Personally, I never considered going to mediums.

Your obviously putting the diaper on wrong....

I can get 13 heavy wettings from rearz inspire + incontrol small till they leak.

Even ones like Abu little pawz medium can wet them 9 heavy times before leaking.

- - - Updated - - -

SoakedSheets said:
yes I would agree that 3 or 4 is about as much as any diaper can handle. Any more than that and I'm risking wetting my pants

lmfao you must have tried some really average diapers then.

depends4me said:
If you're totally emptying your bladder each time, then you may be at the max absorbancy for each. Depending on the acquisition rate, if you wait a few more minutes before sitting, perhaps you'd give them a chance to grab a bit more? I know the Dry 24/7's pretty well, and while they hold a LOT, they don't absorb quickly. On the bright side, a cheap diaper might not even take one good wetting.

I don't know if the sizing might have changed, but I still have some of the original Dry 24/7 smalls in blue, and my waist is 32-33 inches, although I wear size 30 pants. Personally, I never considered going to mediums.

It's as if the Tarbela dam broke every time I wet. Doing so I can imagine reaching max capacity pretty quick. I figure I could try waiting a bit longer before sitting down to see what happens but at that point the diaper is sagging so much I don't think it will matter.

And the Confidry smalls that I got a couple of months ago are a bit smaller than the Tykables overnites (which is already a small diaper in medium). It's the only diaper I can put on too tight.

yurguardianangel said:

I can get 13 heavy wettings from rearz inspire + incontrol small till they leak.

Even ones like Abu little pawz medium can wet them 9 heavy times before leaking.

Pretty sure I'm doing it right from all the videos and stuff I've read. I think it's mostly from the diaper sagging that lets moisture out. Been thinking about a onsie. How is it that you can wet a little pawz so much?

yurguardianangel said:

- - - Updated - - -

lmfao you must have tried some really average diapers then.

haha! what is your preference?? I wear store brand in the day and M4s at night

Lifetime said:
It's as if the Tarbela dam broke every time I wet. Doing so I can imagine reaching max capacity pretty quick. I figure I could try waiting a bit longer before sitting down to see what happens but at that point the diaper is sagging so much I don't think it will matter.

And the Confidry smalls that I got a couple of months ago are a bit smaller than the Tykables overnites (which is already a small diaper in medium). It's the only diaper I can put on too tight.

Lol. You must have an enormous bladder capacity. Well, nobody's perfect.

In contrast, I'm studying for an IT certification while awaiting a new job. I've been laying in bed reading all day, wearing Seni Super Plus briefs, and stopped counting how many times I've used it. But each go has been just light to moderate.

A sagging diaper is probably courting leaks, so maybe you're onto something. While it's not ABDL, I wear Jockey Pouch Briefs over my diapers. The rise is annoying without the diaper bulk...unless you're 6' 5"...but the spandex keeps everything nicely in place. Available at better department stores.

You also have to consider that the capacities listed for some if these diapers are water capacities. Your urine contains far more than just water and it actually reduces what a diaper can hold. Usually this can reduce by half.

I know at one point I was able to store 32oz of urine in my bladder before letting go. That alone, would take half the capacity of any diaper.

You can consider consuming more water then other drinks.
You can purchase stuffers to make your diapers have a higher capacity. You can also wear diapers more often and shrink your bladder capacity.

The Leg Cuffs are always the first place to leak. But there is a way to stop this. Just because it leaks doesn't mean the Diaper has reached its' capacity. It just means there are gaps at the back on your legs near the bum. It is very important to make sure you put the Diaper on as tight as possible using the lower tapes. I mean REALLY tight! So it hugs your butt! If there is a tiny gap there.. it will seep from this spot.
It's also a good idea getting Duct tape & tightening the whole area up if the lower tapes aren't placed low enough on the design of the product to affect that part at the back. This is why the comficare seldom ever leaked; the lower tapes were so low that they would tighten around your legs, creating an almost air tight seal! Sigh. I miss the comficare. Be more aware of the fit though. Don't just slap a Diaper on & expect it to do the work for you! Feel around the leg cuffs & adjust until you are utterly confined! lol! Best of luck!

My Bellissimos can hold a lot.... let's say at least a six-packs worth of fluid.

Last edited:
Once a diaper has reached its max saturation point it will leak! then the only hope is how well my plastic pants can control it

Well if the OP's capacity before emptying he's bladder is >700 ml. then three to four wettings is what any really high capacity diaper can hold.

I have no problem wearing a ABU space or Rearz inspire+incontrol for more than 12 hours, that because my wettings is minor ranging from below 50ml up to 200 ml. approx.
that's the beauty of having OAB and urge incontinence, each of the wettings are smaller, meaning my diaper have time to absorb.

Concerning the fit of the small Dry 24/7's, I'm starting to rethink this. One problem I've always had with them is handling multiple floods if I'm not standing at the time. For me, the front swells too much (or too soon), which can cause backups and leaks for later floods. Some other brands I've bought recently do seem to have more room in the front. It would be unfortunate if mediums are the answer, because they do seem pretty big. Lifetime, if you try the mediums, do post your findings. :)

depends4me said:
Concerning the fit of the small Dry 24/7's, I'm starting to rethink this. One problem I've always had with them is handling multiple floods if I'm not standing at the time. For me, the front swells too much (or too soon), which can cause backups and leaks for later floods. Some other brands I've bought recently do seem to have more room in the front. It would be unfortunate if mediums are the answer, because they do seem pretty big. Lifetime, if you try the mediums, do post your findings. :)

You might get better results by changing your taping or going with a medium. If the padding is pressed against your junk, there's no room for flow to the back, and yes it will back up and could leak in the front. When you tape up, be sure you have a channel, and account for a little swelling too. 247's actually don't swell THAT much... I wore one last night and was just thinking this morning how they might have the ideal mix of sap and pulp for good wicking while at the same time preventing press-out.

You can drop in a little more space down below by raising up where you're applying the top tapes, take it to within 1/4" of the top of the front panel if necessary. (this will lower the diaper on your hip a little bit) The lower tapes need to be centered vertically - too low and they will pull the center flat and crotch flat and up, too high and they will pull the front in too tight and loosen the leak guards. (so this will take some experimenting)

Depends how much you pee with each wetting. With Molicare they can probably handle 3-4 decent sized wetting before starting to leak. Where as brands like Fabine, ABU, Rearz can handle alot more then that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back