Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Max amounts of wettings

  1. #1

    Default Max amounts of wettings

    Is it me or does it seem like all diapers can only take a maximum of 3-4 wettings before they leak? Regardless of how thick the diaper is, if you give it 3 good wettings I usually start to get moisture around the legs. It doesn't so much as leak but when I sit in my computer chair it does get a bit wet.

    Also, can anyone tell me if a Confidry 24/7 in a medium would be a decent fit for a size 32 waist. I bought the smalls but they seem to small and I heard there sizes run big.

  2. #2

    Default

    every diaper has it's breaking point! personally I prefer to max out diapers for convenience and to spend less $$$

    leaks are gonna happen if you don't change promptly

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SoakedSheets View Post
    every diaper has it's breaking point! personally I prefer to max out diapers for convenience and to spend less $$$

    leaks are gonna happen if you don't change promptly
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is this. Rearz Safari, Bambino Bellisimo, ABU space diapers are all super big diapers, but with just 3 good wettings (no small wettings either) I always get a bit of moisture around the leg cuffs so that when I sit my chair gets a bit wet. I'm not saying its a problem, I was just wondering if everyone else is getting the same results, and by that I mean that pretty much all diapers can only hold 3-4 big wettings.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lifetime View Post
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is this. Rearz Safari, Bambino Bellisimo, ABU space diapers are all super big diapers, but with just 3 good wettings (no small wettings either) I always get a bit of moisture around the leg cuffs so that when I sit my chair gets a bit wet. I'm not saying its a problem, I was just wondering if everyone else is getting the same results, and by that I mean that pretty much all diapers can only hold 3-4 big wettings.
    yes I would agree that 3 or 4 is about as much as any diaper can handle. Any more than that and I'm risking wetting my pants

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lifetime View Post
    Also, can anyone tell me if a Confidry 24/7 in a medium would be a decent fit for a size 32 waist. I bought the smalls but they seem to small and I heard there sizes run big.
    I wear a dry 24/7 in medium size and am a 36 inch waist , plenty of room for a bigger waist size before i would go to a large for sure.

  6. #6

    Default

    Much depends on how much you wet each time you wet. If you have a major dam break each time, the diaper will hold much less than if you have lots of little leaks.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by chamberpot View Post
    I wear a dry 24/7 in medium size and am a 36 inch waist , plenty of room for a bigger waist size before i would go to a large for sure.
    I meant to say that I have a size 32 waist which is at the bottom of the medium size. I just worried that it might be to big at that point.




    Quote Originally Posted by Foxroxsox View Post
    Much depends on how much you wet each time you wet. If you have a major dam break each time, the diaper will hold much less than if you have lots of little leaks.
    When I wet it's usually a pretty decent amount. I drink a cup of juice then a cup of water then some soda for the acidic content to make me go sooner. So, normally when I wet it's pretty much a dam breaking.

  8. #8

    Default

    If you're totally emptying your bladder each time, then you may be at the max absorbancy for each. Depending on the acquisition rate, if you wait a few more minutes before sitting, perhaps you'd give them a chance to grab a bit more? I know the Dry 24/7's pretty well, and while they hold a LOT, they don't absorb quickly. On the bright side, a cheap diaper might not even take one good wetting.

    I don't know if the sizing might have changed, but I still have some of the original Dry 24/7 smalls in blue, and my waist is 32-33 inches, although I wear size 30 pants. Personally, I never considered going to mediums.

  9. #9
    yurguardianangel

    Default

    Your obviously putting the diaper on wrong....

    I can get 13 heavy wettings from rearz inspire + incontrol small till they leak.

    Even ones like Abu little pawz medium can wet them 9 heavy times before leaking.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by SoakedSheets View Post
    yes I would agree that 3 or 4 is about as much as any diaper can handle. Any more than that and I'm risking wetting my pants
    lmfao you must have tried some really average diapers then.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by depends4me View Post
    If you're totally emptying your bladder each time, then you may be at the max absorbancy for each. Depending on the acquisition rate, if you wait a few more minutes before sitting, perhaps you'd give them a chance to grab a bit more? I know the Dry 24/7's pretty well, and while they hold a LOT, they don't absorb quickly. On the bright side, a cheap diaper might not even take one good wetting.

    I don't know if the sizing might have changed, but I still have some of the original Dry 24/7 smalls in blue, and my waist is 32-33 inches, although I wear size 30 pants. Personally, I never considered going to mediums.
    It's as if the Tarbela dam broke every time I wet. Doing so I can imagine reaching max capacity pretty quick. I figure I could try waiting a bit longer before sitting down to see what happens but at that point the diaper is sagging so much I don't think it will matter.

    And the Confidry smalls that I got a couple of months ago are a bit smaller than the Tykables overnites (which is already a small diaper in medium). It's the only diaper I can put on too tight.




    Quote Originally Posted by yurguardianangel View Post
    Your obviously putting the diaper on wrong....

    I can get 13 heavy wettings from rearz inspire + incontrol small till they leak.

    Even ones like Abu little pawz medium can wet them 9 heavy times before leaking.
    Pretty sure I'm doing it right from all the videos and stuff I've read. I think it's mostly from the diaper sagging that lets moisture out. Been thinking about a onsie. How is it that you can wet a little pawz so much?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26-Apr-2014, 22:24
  2. How many Wettings?
    By littleswimmer819 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-Apr-2012, 18:11
  3. Wettings and Abena M2
    By AtVvZc6f6lc1xfD4ZIIG in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-Feb-2012, 20:44
  4. multiple wettings
    By solviturambulando in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31-Jan-2012, 22:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.