Favorite music

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyFaceMike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What is everyone's favorite type of music? I like techno, rock, and hip hop.

Prog Metal, Heavy Metal, and Classical.

Classic rock, some contemporary rock like Fun, Bruno Mars, etc., Jazz, New Age, some World music, some country, folk music and classical. I've had a goal for awhile to learn a lot of the major Romantic period piano pieces. I've learned several Chopin, Grieg, Mendelssohn and others.

Big band and classical.

Soft rock, classic rock, country, classical, techno...

Screamo,deathcore,death metal,black metal, reggae,dnb,hardtek,acid techno, electro house,electropop,dubstep,breakbeats.

Classic rock,punk,ska,ska-punk (or 3rd Wave Ska),Oldies,Dubstep,Electronica,some current pop and country.

I like most music...if it is real music. I appreciate the art, but a computer program and no instruments are a major issue in my book.

Country and classic rock.

Classic rock, metal, J-pop, and most other music as long as it's not Country.

welostme said:
I like most music...if it is real music. I appreciate the art, but a computer program and no instruments are a major issue in my book.

All music is "real music".

happilyderanged said:
All music is "real music".

Absolutely! I don't think I could pin down a particular genre, but I love the sophisticated technology that has been used to create some great electronic music. I like dance, techno, electronica, drum & bass, reggae, hip-hop, electronica, classical and all sorts. There's probably something in every genre that I'd find amazing.

For a die-hard atheist like me, the joy of music is something that transcends any rational explanation. And it can be such a shared experience. There's nothing like being in a crowd of people, all dancing to the beat of an amazing DJ. Or even in a bar, where no one's dancing... a tune comes on and you can barely resist the urge! You see someone start swaying and bobbing their head and... this is it! The time to dance has arrived! Easy does it. Don't wanna draw anyone's attention until... oh! That break! Damn! Throw those shapes around! And you see the people around you grinning at how much of a good time everyone's having... and... this is life.

I have a wide range of taste.

I really like Rock. But I also enjoy some Metal, Electronic, Jazz, and I especially love it when the two are combined into Electro-Swing. That and Nu-Disco are some of the most underrated genres out there. There's even the occasional country and pop songs (Two genres I'm not big on) that sneak into my library and I enjoy.

Classic rock, especially progressive rock like Rush, Pink Floyd, ELP, and Jethro Tull. Classic metal like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, older Metallica. I like some jam band stuff like The Grateful Dead and Phish too. Not much into pop or electronica. The only country I like is "outlaw country" (Cash, Jennings, Haggard, Kristofferson, etc.). I can appreciate jazz and classical, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it. Never got into rap/hip hop at all.

Heavy metal is my favorite, thrash, power, old heavy metal, symphonic are my favorite sub genres but I like others as well. A few favorite bands are Slayer, Kreator, Sabbat, Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Queensryche, Kamelot, Iron Savior, Nightwish to name a few.

I also really like classical music (Vivaldi and Mozart :D), Folk music, Flamenco, Jazz, Country, Rock and 70's and 80's soft rock/pop.

Classic rock hard rock and metal.

i like little bits of everything i guess. ive been leaning towards alot of trance music when i want to relax. but when i want to jam i do have a long list of classic rock artists i listen to.

All types of Metal.

I primarily listen to 1980s new wave and post-punk. I also like certain classic rock and alternative rock acts, and a couple of modern pop songs. There are also handfuls of songs I like from genres like rap and country, the reason being those songs break away from the stereotypical sound of other songs from those genres. Oh, and smooth jazz because I've been exposed to a lot of that over the years watching "The Weather Channel" on TV.

Folk, clasic counter music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back