Why are people cruel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because people can be scum online and hide behind their random anonymous screen name/username/nickname.

I been insulted for being bisexual, for how I look, for how I dress, for being abdl,for my disabilites.

Had SO MUCH abuse from nasty people I grown a thick skin to most words.
Unless I'm in a very bad mood or upset about something then I start lashing out back at them or feeling hurt.

Ragequit said:
Some people are miserable and envious of those who have found happiness. AB/DL is a very strange lifestyle and people will bash it so as to alleviate their own insecurities. Look at all the militant atheists online for proof. They are buttmad about something that is none of their business and, based on the tenants of their beliefs, should not even be dignified with a response, and they will hop up and down with rage at people whose only crime was wanting to seek spiritual fulfillment and be nice to people.

That being said, if you think people are being nasty in most circles, you don't even want to know how AB/DLs are treated on a certain board on 4chan...

I wouldn't say militant Atheism is the best example to use here. I would classify myself as somewhat a militant atheist not because I want to stick my nose into other people's business but because religion sticks its nose in everyone else's business. For example placing the ten commandments on public property owned by the government, teaching primary school kids religious education in a public government run school and religion ever so persistent in denying my friend's right to marry because he is gay. If religion didn't stick it's nose where it shouldn't maybe there wouldn't be so many militant atheists. Also atheism is not a belief system there is no "pope of atheism" or dogma. Atheism is just the lack of a belief in God(s).

hurting people hurt, not always clear why some people are hurting, some people don't even know themselves

HuggiesGuy said:
I would classify myself as somewhat a militant atheist not because I want to stick my nose into other people's business but because religion sticks its nose in everyone else's business. For example placing the ten commandments on public property owned by the government, teaching primary school kids religious education in a public government run school and religion ever so persistent in denying my friend's right to marry because he is gay. If religion didn't stick it's nose where it shouldn't maybe there wouldn't be so many militant atheists.

I think it's important to draw a line between militant behavior and "holding the line". It's one thing to file a lawsuit about a new Ten Commandments statue today vs. making a fuss about a Ten Commandments statue that was erected back in the 1940's. We're all adults and IMHO both sides need to de-escalate. The current US debate over transgender rights is another issue. While I wholeheartedly believe that people should be able to use the public restroom that corresponds to their gender identity, keep in mind that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" became a military policy roughly 20 years ago, but only last year did gay marriage become a national right. As much as it may pain us, some people simply can't change their minds overnight, but still deserve to have their opinion respected.

Speaking as a former atheist who eventually opted to be agnostic.

Not to hijack this thread.

I'm sticking with my original post--humans by nature work to protect their tribe, and anyone different is shunned. It's innate; look at children and how they respond to someone being different. They are some of the most cruel out there and need to be taught tolerance. How many here were bullied as children? That showcases the true nature of humans without societal influence.

If we were all cooperative as a race, there would be no wars. They only occur because someone has a reason to fight against someone different. Look at the reasons that humans go to war and it always comes down to protecting those you identify with and subjugating those you see as different. It doesn't always have to be offensive, but it can be defensive against someone being an aggressor for those reasons.

The best thing is that we can learn to overcome these natural tendencies. Acceptance does eventually come about, but it takes a long time.

it's probably lack of understanding,

I forget where I heard it from but it's a line I think is very poignant here and elsewhere: "Throughout human history there has been one constant: Nothing produces more immediate hate from people than the idea that somebody else is having sex differently than you."

It's sexual that isn't majority, it will get hate.

BabyFaceMike said:
Do you guys ever wonder why some people online or in general are so hateful against diaper lovers? I mean is it ignorance or that they just don't see it the way we do. Whenever I watch videos I just try to stay away from comments. I know it sounds weird at first to some people but I am cool and enjoy other things in the world without this stopping me. I mean , who cannot resist a thick, crinkly diaper?

Vainillas are mostly uncomprensibles with our things... So they using "hate," because is the mot easy. Personally, I'm indifferent about others. It's my kink.

Keep in mind that everything happened, there are always criticism people in the world, can be positive or negative criticism like insult or hatred. Each people had their own views on something and sticking to it, so when someting is not in accordance with their views or opinion, their began to criticize as a respond for a discrepancy with their expected. it's actually already happening in various aspects of life such as government, gay/lesbian, religions, companies and other organizations, there are always be criticism. The point is when someone starts to say no to something and did not accept it then it would be fruitful to hatred.

Therefore, whatever happens in this world don't care about the criticism or hatred by others. Everything that exists in this world, not always is satisfy and good for everyone, there are agree and disagree, even hate, like that the human and the life. But we also need to take one's positive sense of criticism, and make it better. so actually people don't always cruel, but they are just too cling on what they think is good or not good, like social taboo. No matter if we hated by others, do and get something that will satisfy us, what we do is always there who hate it.

AEther*

I think it's both. People are ignorant and some just like to be hateful about anything that is different. Same reason why people with disabilities are shunned and get hatefulness from people and the same thing happens to "normal" people who are a bit different and eccentric and socially awkward or because they're slow. People do not like change so anything different freaks them out so they lash out.

Many of us could meet on the street not know each other or anything about each other's diaper status and get along fine however there are people who just enjoy trying to make others miserable and will use any opportunity, they also feel empowered by the relative annominity of the Web, some of us were raised to be good people , to be tolerant of any difference between ourselves and others and to nurture , then there are the big mouthed close minded haters of anything that is not just like them , discrimination based on diaper status is something that is still legal so people do it , until they do it to the wrong one of us and they get a "diaper sandwich with brown butter" if you give them no traction they don't stay around IRL or here , they want to get a rise out of someone provoke a response and drag you down into the gutter with them, don't give them that power.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

First off, there's the standard Internet thing, where anonymity+audience makes people act like jerks because they have freedom to say whatever they want with (typically) no consequences, so they indulge in that. And indeed, you'll find people saying mean things in most places, even in communities that are all vanilla heterosexual white Christian men, there will be people who find reasons to bash each other if such behavior is tolerated. Examples already mentioned are things like sports rivalries, different gym memberships, school rivalries, etc.

But we might ask why does diaper play, specifically, upset a good number of people? I think there are a few reasons. First, it's transgressing a social taboo. Diapers are for babies and pretty much everyone in developed society goes through a stage early in life where they're told not to wear diapers anymore and encouraged to use the potty instead (and often teased for it if they're slow at the process). Intentionally transgressing social norms of any sort tends to make people, both the transgressor and the people around them, really, deeply uncomfortable. Here, check out this Wikipedia article about some psychologists who studied this stuff, it's cool.

Second, diapers, specifically, have a certain gross out element for people. Pee and poop make a lot of people uncomfortable. Even without the ABDL community, people have totally different tolerance levels there. So when somebody who isn't ABDL is reading about someone using diapers, it grosses them out and they're quick to assume that since they're grossed out, other people should be too and anyone who isn't is wrong and different.

Third, maturity or immaturity are extremely loaded words in society. People use them to refer to a person's overall social health and ability to be responsible, live well, get things done, and show up on time to things. So acting "immature" in the ABDL way tends to create associations for a lot of people with "immature" meaning a person who isn't fulfilling their social responsibilities. That's why a lot of the comments take the form of "oh, they're sitting there wetting themselves instead of being productive" or similar sentiment with more crude language.

And lastly, ABDL is rare and the community is small, so it's very rare that somebody randomly stumbling on an ABDL video is going to personally know anybody who is ABDL. Especially since most of us are also very secretive, for obvious reasons. Knowing someone individually is the best way to stop a person making fun of other people because you'll think of that individual when making a blanket statement and check yourself. But that doesn't happen much in the ABDL context.

Hi

Some people are pure assholes, they´re cruel because they,re jerks and don´t know better, They think they have more power when they´re cruel. I´ve been bullied in school etc for 30 years of my life so I have good experience of why some people are cruel. If you have some kind of a disability some people bully you for that too. When a person that thinks he or she is a "perfect human" and they see another person that have a disability they automatically classified that person as a "weaker" person and begin to bully him or her for that just to show their power and perfection. But not all people are cruel, there is good people too that can use their brains and understand how it would be to be born with disabilities.

People are cruel to those they perceive as weaker because it is the easy way to feel good about yourself without doing anything positive. And doing positive things takes energy and commitment which those people either can't do or won't do. In either case picking on someone else makes them feel higher on the pecking order.

They are not showing their perfection, just their own insecurities. It is amazing how many so-called adults still function at the high-school (or maybe elementary school level) level socially. Come to think of it, the babies on this site are much more mature than those who bully others.

There are two ways to be the top person on a ladder:
Work at your climbing skills and pass others or
Pull anyone you find above you down.

Bullies and the ilk always use the pull down method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back