For stress or urge incontinence, has your wetting worsened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, when I've been on the verge of having an accident it's caused me a great deal of stomach pain and cramping when I've really tried my very best to hold on, after a period of time my body will just give up and I'll wet anyway so I would probably say that yes, my nappy useage has increased as I now would prefer to go without the pain than put myself through the pain and still have an accident anyway

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
ST50 ,
As mine cannot be cured since I do have that serious reaction to the anesthesia. It took a few doctors to get me back from a simple surgery like a tonsilectomy. So If I do not need emergency surgery they will not do elective surgery on me. So yes I am like you a life in Diapers .

I've been wearing off and on for 6 years and 24/7 since December 2015. Ironically around that time, I learned I have anxiety issues. I was prescribed medication that would zombify me. I read an article online that wearing diapers help with anxiety. Forget the reasoning but I tried it and worked. Long story short you can read some of my threads that goes through the whole thing.

Since March I've been IC all the way around. I can most of the time control #2 if I concentrate. Sometime IF I catch the urge I can hold it util I make it to the bathroom. Most of the time, though I'm distracted or sleeping. I've been wanting to stop wearing diapers though. It's funny, I enjoy wearing don't get me wrong, but I miss not wearing. Summer was a new experience. I couldn't go swimming, I know they have diapers for that but that just not my thing. I remember when I was 8 and I had my first night of not wearing diapers and how amazing it felt. But, I'm sure it would be hard to fall asleep at first as it was hard to fall asleep wearing diapers. Anyways, I'm all over the place with this...

I have urge incon from OAB. At first it was bedwetting. Then small occasional daytime leaks. I went from no incon to wearing full out diapers to bed. Then wearing "guards" in my underwear during the day. THen pullups. Now I'm 24/7 tape on diapers. Yes, my urge incon got worse, and it didn't take long.

If\ anyone had told me six years ago I would be incontinent and a nightly bedwetter I would have laughed. Funny how life turns out.

ST50 said:
If\ anyone had told me six years ago I would be incontinent and a nightly bedwetter I would have laughed. Funny how life turns out.

You and me both. I wish I liked diapers as much as most people here but I just don't have the wiring. I've accepted my need for diapers and have become comfortable with them. Heck I even feel like I wouldn't be comfortable in bed without one on, but I don't enjoy it. I'd love to have my incon just disappear and go back to sleeping in boxers. My wife sees my in a diaper every night/morning and has been nothing but supportive but I still feel a bit weird sometimes.

She'll make jokes too a little. We have an 18 month old baby and she brought him in the room to wake me up on Sunday and I'm laying with my diaper hanging out of my boxer briefs and she's like "look at daddy, he wears diapers too. I have two big bedwetting babies in the house" and giggles She's not doing it to be mean but to add levity. It makes me blush and feel embarrassed but I honestly kind of like that A) she's not just pretending it's not there B) making it feel like not a big deal and C) injecting some much needed humor into a very embarrassing condition. I think I'd be more uncomfortable if she always ignored my diapers and pretended it wasn't there because I feel like that would somehow be more awkward.

Hi ST50, sounds like you've been having similar problems with battling incontinence as me My problems also started in 2010 when I was diagnosed with various disabilities that regrettably required me to start wearing adult diapers, I was 30 when it all started when I was at work at an animal sanctuary as a volunteer in Cumbria England.

I have since gotten used to the fact that I will be in diapers for the rest of my life if your interested their is a link to a website called:

http://www.wearing-adult-diapers.com if you are in need of support from other people simillar to ourselves.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

After wearing for over five years now, I wet the bed and don't even know I have until I am awake in the mornings. This just started happening and I have to use more padding in my cloth diapers to soak up all the pee so the bed stays dry. I would say yes that wearing diapers makes one use them more and more.

Absolutely. I went from wearing at night during high school, which stopped over the summer before college, but by the first semester I was experiencing stress incontinence during the day. As that's gotten worse I've gone from wearing pads to using pull-ups and now am probably going to start wearing diapers during the day. When my stress incontinence started, I was using one or two pads a day. By the time I switched to pull-ups I was changing pads eight or nine times a day. Right now I'm changing my pull-ups five or six times, sometimes more. I don't wet the bed like I used to, but it's still 50/50 if I drink more than a couple beers at night, so I sometimes wear diapers for that. My friends and coworkers and girlfriend are all aware that I'm somewhat incontinent, but I haven't told anyone that it's been slowly getting worse.

Also yes for me. I started off with moderate urge incontinence after a car wreck. It soon developed into major urge incontinence, and with detrusor sphincter dyssenergya (sphincter won't open when it should). It got so bad for me that I've since had to undergo SIX urinary sphincterotomies, and with one more to come.

its gotten worse slowly overtime... i had urge only to startwith but stress ic has added its ugly when ever it damn well pleases head to my symptoms and its just unpredictable enough i had better be protected most days a moderate pad to a store bought pull up takes care of it... but lately thats getting worse, but things always go to crap when the weather changes and winters here are horrible for sudden temp and pressure changes... gotta love nerve damage

My bladder-control problems are the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. For a while in my 20s, 30s and 40s, I was able to go without a daytime diaper so long as I was in a place where I could get to a toilet within a few minutes when I felt the urge to urinate. However, my ability to stay dry during the day decreased when I was in my late 40s, and I've been in diapers 24/7/365 for about 30 years now. The time between first feeling the 'urge' to urinate and starting to urinate involuntarily is currently a couple of minutes or less. If I happen to be where there is a handy toilet nearby, I will use it. But otherwise, I just wet my diaper as soon as I start to feel the 'urge.'

Interesting reading the various responses.

Many things affect my neurogenic bladder. When things are good, I have a high degree of control and use the toilet. When things go downhill, I have mixed incontinence (i.e., leak from a sneeze or standing up, an urge followed by uncontrolled voiding). When things are bad it's just a constant slow uncontrolled flow (which makes changing difficult).

Wearing diapers has not made my incontinence better or worse. Even after 22+ years, my incontinence is continuously changing. Surgery for prostate cancer actually helped with control, when doing well. Radiation for prostate cancer made it worse. One night I'll soak my diaper beyond reason while asleep, another night I'll remain dry, but flood the moment I stand up. This morning I was dry, but my abdomen hurt (mild retention). I couldn't pee, but staying on my feet and walking around the house 30 minutes allowed my bladder to slowly drain until my ABU Space with Northshore doubler was heavily soaked. And I never felt any flow. My incontinence is consistently inconsistent.

Not really, I feel uncomfortable when I emptied my bladder on my pair of always discreet when I couldn't hold it and I didn't make it to the mall washroom.
My pair of always discreet didn't leak but yuck!. Few months ago I tried the Tena active underwear and they absorbed very well but I ended up with a wet ball in my crotch!, wet, lumpy and yucky! (feeling like a wet ball between my legs about to fall to the floor and splat!, Yuck!).

Yes it did for me. I started out with mild urges and could usually hold it to make it to the bathroom. After years of not getting it treated my urges became more intense. I continued to try and hold it and eventually developed a sphincter dyssenergya where my muscles would automatically clamp down hard whenever I started to pee (intentionally or not).

Eventually I couldn't pee at all unless I strained really hard. I've since had multiple surgeries to remove my sphincters, but still continue to get mild urges half of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back