Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For stress or urge incontinence, has your wetting worsened?

Default For stress or urge incontinence, has your wetting worsened?

I want to canvas some opinions.
    For those of you who have incontinence (not total), has your wetting worsened i.e. use more diapers now that you enjoy wearing them?
    In other words, are you more likely to use your diaper than try to make it to the toilet?

Just curious

It depends. At times I am careful and if I go regularly to the loo things get much better and I even wonder at times if wearing diapers is not something that just makes me feel more confident (and because I like wearing them) but that is not absolutely needed.
    But on the other hand that's true that wearing them makes it much more comfortable and there are (probably too many!) times I don't care about going to the toilet and just let it go in my diaper. When I am more lazy like that I tend not to care at all and just drain without caring at all (consciously or unconsciously). Which proves that I am more likely to use it.

I only use occasionally and have very mild stress IC. Not enough to be considered IC but enough to have an accident if I'm not careful.

And I see no difference at all. Can still easily make it to the toilet if I need to, but if I'm wearing, it's much more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by scaifester View Post
    I want to canvas some opinions.
    For those of you who have incontinence (not total), has your wetting worsened i.e. use more diapers now that you enjoy wearing them?
    In other words, are you more likely to use your diaper than try to make it to the toilet?

Just curious
    Yes.
    I'm incontinent and tend just to use my diaper rather than stress about making it to the bathroom.

I gave up the fight and just use my nappy now and wear them 24/7. My incontinence was slowly getting worse in any case. I am now unashamedly DL and bladder incontinent and couldn't be happpier

I wear diapers all the time, (often I mean) and my IC hasn't got worst because of it. Diapers have only improved my life quality, I can enjoy trips, concerts, my job, movies, etc without stressing about looking for a toilet. Every day I feel more comfortable and proud of who I am.

I have recently started wearing diapers 24/7 for just over 2 weeks and find that although I can control the flow, but have a diminishing warning reflex. It is much easier to wet my diaper anywhere which now makes it more and more important that I wear something to control wetting my clothes

I have urge incontinence and have very little time between the onset of an "urge" and the beginning of involuntary urination. Nevertheless, if a toilet is nearby, I will use the toilet instead of my diaper. But if there is no nearby, handy toilet or I have something more interesting to do, I wet in my diaper. On a typical day, I would guess that I use the toilet maybe once or twice and use my diaper the rest of the time.

Same as me, I try to use a toilet but most of the time I use my diapers. I use Sam's Club diapers as they are the cheapest I can find that also work pretty good.

yes, my incontinence has gotten worse over the years, not sure whether it's because I wear and use diapers and have accepted my situation e.g. diapers, but I have come to realize, that I'm going in my diaper more often than in the toilet.
    AS other said, If I'm in the middle of something and get the urge, I just use my diaper and continue with what I'm doing. If I'm close to a toilet, I try and make it to the toilet.