Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Is it weird that I can't smell?

Yes. How long has that been going on? Does it affect the taste of food as well? Have you seen anyone about it?

Trevor said:
Yes. How long has that been going on? Does it affect the taste of food as well? Have you seen anyone about it?

I've never really thought about it. I'm a picky eat normally so I'm not sure about it. Every time I thinking about my sense of smell I for some reason forget about it a few minutes later. I can smell some things, but it has to be a strong smell or right up to my nose.

KryanAshford said:
I've never really thought about it. I'm a picky eat normally so I'm not sure about it. Every time I thinking about my sense of smell I for some reason forget about it a few minutes later. I can smell some things, but it has to be a strong smell or right up to my nose.

Ah, okay. Poor sense of smell isn't the same as none and that's less alarming by far. It's curious but I'm not sure if there's anything to fix "near-smellingness". It's too bad, because despite some nasty smells out there, there are a lot of amazing ones.

i guess its better then far-smellingness

KryanAshford said:
Is it weird that I can't smell?
I don't think it's that uncommon. I 'lost' my sense of smell about 10 years ago. When I say 'lost' I mean that some things I can't smell at all, some things I can smell but they don't smell the way I remember them. For example, I can't tell the difference between a banana and a strawberry, but I smell 'something'. I sometimes have 'ghost' smells, where I smell something when I know there's nothing there (I think).

I talked to my doctor about it and he ran a gauze pad with something he poured into it under my nose. I had no trouble identifying the smell as alcohol. He just said not to worry about it.

As far as sense of taste, taste is mostly smell. You only 'taste' a few things ( saltiness, sweetness, bitterness, sourness, and savory.) I can't say that I've lost my sense of taste because food still tastes great but I know something is missing. I can taste a banana cream pie, I just can't really smell it.

So think about it and see your doctor if you have absolutely no sense of smell.

I had poor smell all my life mostly like strong tasting food's liver fish and steak sauce's stuff like that just nothing hot cant stand that .
Nice not smelling food lots that bad it has good points .
But the bad is not know you are smelling bad lol.

You can't smell, I can't see. I wouldn't call it weird. Uncommon maybe, but then Again, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it wasn't. I know a few others WHO can't smell, though for them it's completely...I believe...It's not something we've ever talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back