Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Potty training age

Default Potty training age

Hi guys.

I've been thinking about potty training age when in little space. What age were you, your children, your siblings etc out of nappies during the day? And when at night? Thanks guys. X

I'm told I was trained by 18 months. Borne out by the fact that none of my baby pictures have diapers past that time.

Don't recall exactly when Junior was trained, between 2 and 3 I think

Granddaughter is just about completely trained now, and she'll be 3 in a few months.

I was daytime-trained sometime shortly before age three, and wore diapers to bed until sometime shortly before age four. Son was the same way. Daughter was day- and nighttime-trained at 20 months, which amazed us. Although it's pretty normal for girls to train earlier than boys.

I think my parents tried to potty train me when I was 2, but I remember regularly having accidents until I was 5.

I kept having accidents until I was 9 but I knew how to go to the toilet, I had to be out of nappies by the time I was 5 and I got into drynites at age 9 for a few months. I stopped bedwetting at age 11

From the stories I'm told, I was self-trained around 18 months.
    But I was probably free of preventable accidents around... oh I'd say, 2 & 1/2. But they were so rare that diapers were never a necessity.
    That isn't to say there weren't any accidents, a few nighttime issues up until 6 which were once or twice a year, usually accompanied by sickness.

Was out of diapers for need at 18 months.

Around 3-4 from what I've been told. 3.5 daytime, 4 at night or something like that.

How come everybody came out of diapers at 18 months but me at 5 years old!?

We're yout at school in nappies Angelic? Did you get picked on for that? (If you don't mind me asking). X

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    How come everybody came out of diapers at 18 months but me at 5 years old!?
    On the other hand.... Maxx Junior wasn't entirely off the boob until he was almost 5. (I know you're not a fan of them, but they do have a purpose....)

Even today, when people see him next to me and Mrs. Maxx, we STILL get the "What the hell did you feed that kid!"