Thread: Awkward problem while wearing

Default Awkward problem while wearing

So this past week I have had a fair bit of time off work, so I have been indulging non stop for the past few days. Last night I noticed a little bit of pain radiating from my urethra back to my bladder, this happened almost straight away after peeing a little.

At the time my bladder was more or less empty so it was just a small bit of urine, but I wasn't forcing it out at all.

The concerning part about all this is - when I changed I noticed some blood in my diaper.

It has been a day or so, and I haven't noticed the pain or bloody urine when using the toilet normally. The diagnosis of a bladder or urinary infection doesn't make much sense as I haven't had any symptoms before or since last night. Has anyone got any ideas as to what this could be?

You're priobably going to get several recommendations to see your doctor, but if it only lasted one day then stopped its probably over with so I doubt that will help now. And yes that was probably a minor UTI. We've had quite a few threads about UTI's here recently...

It's probably unrelated to your diaper wearing, unless you'd been holding your pee too much. Diaper-induced UTIs will start at the penis and work up, not start at the bladder and work down. The blood is most likely from the bladder or kidneys, not your urethra. You cna get blood in your urine if you get a hit on your abdomen by a kidney, though that wouldn't account for the urethra pain.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    You're priobably going to get several recommendations to see your doctor, but if it only lasted one day then stopped its probably over with so I doubt that will help now. And yes that was probably a minor UTI. We've had quite a few threads about UTI's here recently...

It's probably unrelated to your diaper wearing, unless you'd been holding your pee too much. Diaper-induced UTIs will start at the penis and work up, not start at the bladder and work down. The blood is most likely from the bladder or kidneys, not your urethra. You cna get blood in your urine if you get a hit on your abdomen by a kidney, though that wouldn't account for the urethra pain.
    Thanks for the advice, if I notice the symptoms returning I will definitely be going to the doctor about it. But it seemed weird to me that it would only happen in one moment and not return/progress to something even worse down the track.