UK... Yellow Clinical Waste Bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Because of my living situation (supported living housing) and the local county council requiring people who are incontinent to dispose of their nappies in Yellow Clinical Waste Bins if I come out as incontinent my supported living manager has no choice but to contact them for a weekly pick up off my pads. How would you feel if that was you? Everybody in the know would know I wear nappies then....

http://www.beaucaremedical.co.uk/hygiene--janitorial/bins/wheelie-bin-120-litre/862

And I thought I had ALOT

Can't be that bad though as supported living is some care home type place anyway.
And they usually have medical waste anyway.

The thing is if you come out as incontinent, they probably will make you undergo an assesment with the doctors to prove it.

I will refuse all medical testing like I sometimes refuse my antipsychotic injection. Out of principle since I hope they think I'm incontinent because of the antipsychotics in the first place.

bobbilly said:
How would you feel if that was you? Everybody in the know would know I wear nappies then....

But don't most of the people in charge know already? It's their job know the medical and psychological makeup of everybody in supported living, really no different than somebody else's private doctor and nurses knowing their medical history. I read your comments on the "defining moments" thread and perhaps you're hoping to relive your "Tena Slip Nappies" time as a kid, eh? Out of curiosity, how long did that go on? While I wouldn't wish some of your earliest experiences on anybody, I'm sure lots of TB's/TDL's are envious of those Tenas. If the staff ultimately approves, I'd just roll with it.

- - - Updated - - -

bobbilly said:
I will refuse all medical testing like I sometimes refuse my antipsychotic injection.

Please don't do this. You need to start taking responsibility for yourself. The goal is to get out of facility, at which point you won't have any staff or roommates invading your privacy.

So everyone within your local municipality who wears pads or diapers is required to purchase a yellow clinical waste bin to dispose of their incontinence products? That seems bizarre. Are all women who use pads or tampons for their periods required to have a yellow bin as well? :lol: I can't see many people going along with new trash regime.

Is this the Brave New World we'll all soon be facing? If so, I'm declaring myself psychologically dependent on diapers and needing a lot of babying.

Everyone knows I am incontinent so a yellow clinical waste bin or bag wouldn't bother me.

bobbilly said:
I'm in a difficult situation!

I live in supported living for people with learning disabilities and autism. I live with three other people in a large house with separate bedrooms, shared bathroom and kitchen. It's really difficult remain discreet when I live in close vicinity to other people plus we have the staff coming and going all the time, they do nights shifts sleeping in the office in the garden. It's difficult because wearing 24/7 I generate loads of used nappies and they fill the dustbins up quickly which is shared between us all plus staffs rubbish, I tie the bags up as discreetly as possible so nothing is seen. Plus the large boxes my nappies come in fills the recycling bins up too and they have the logo and how many nappies are in the box written on them. Plus I have to time discrete times when I have my nappies delivered because 12 bags of nappies consist of a lot of boxes.

Well understandably the staff (unsure about my housemates) have finally found out I'm wearing nappies and it was brought up in conversation today although light hearted, I admitted to needing them because of the antipsychotic medication I take which can cause incontinence and that I want to keep in private so that was the end off that, All the staff team have discussed it in the handover meeting, and you know what I'm happy about it.

I think this pretty much defines me as incontinent now, I can't really not wear them now because if they find out I don't need them questions will be raised.

In your previous thread you said you were blaming it on your meds. This means they already know because you had this conversation with them a while ago, and the last part of the quote I posted. Wouldn't you already have the bin because they know of the issue. I suggest being honest and open with them at this point because pushing it any further can cause self harm by changing you from working meds. You are in a community to help you and they can't do that if you are not honest with them.

Now if these are posts to get attention and advice I would suggest telling us the truth and keeping the stories in their section, and seek actual advice here being honest with us also. Looking at your profile you want to become incontinent. I can tell you it sucks being incontinent myself, but it is your choice and I do not suggest pushing it on people running the assisted living facility. Trust me the testing they will put you through sucks. Besides if you continue to wear and use your normal trash and are found out you do not want to face the consequences of breaking the local laws.

INTrePid said:
So everyone within your local municipality who wears pads or diapers is required to purchase a yellow clinical waste bin to dispose of their incontinence products? That seems bizarre. Are all women who use pads or tampons for their periods required to have a yellow bin as well? :lol: I can't see many people going along with new trash regime.

It's not a new regime -- it's been like this in the UK for a long time. Individuals who don't have infectious diseases can dispose of pads/diapers along with household rubbish. You can ask for a yellow bin if you want one, and the council will send someone round to empty it, separate from rubbish and recycling.

IIRC, managed institutions (care-homes, assisted living flats, hospitals, etc.) are required to use yellow bins for all incontinence waste.

Exactly, he should buy one if he wants one...

And I thought a supported living type place aka care home has special yellow bins anyway.

Usually bigger places like that have a yellow dumpster not a normal sized yellow bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back