Worried! How big is the box/boxes going to be for this order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have just orderd this order from nappiesRus and am worried about the size of the box/boxes. I have realised I have support staff on from 9am until 1pm tomorrow and they will be in the living room with me (which I have to sit in to hear my parcel) There is no avoiding it and if it's a large box how I'm I going to explain whats it in? I have pre 12 delivery!

MyDiaper White - Extra Large - Pack of 10
ABU Lavender Extra Large - Pack of 10
MyDiaper Animals - Extra Large - Pack of 10
ABU Simple Extra Large - Pack of 10
ABU Little Pawz Extra Large - Pack of 10
Bambino Bellissimo Extra Large
ABU Cushies v2 Extra Large - Pack of 10
ABU Space Diaper - Extra Large - Pack of 10
Super Dry Kids v2 Extra Large - Pack of 10

How big is the package going to be

I dont have any exact figures in front of me, but I normally order about 40 abu cushies at a time, and my boxes are usually about 2.5'X1'x2.4' thats a rough guess. and it looks like your ordering a lot more then 40 nappies, so i would say your probably going to get a good sized package.

who exactly are you going to have to explain whats in it too?

knowing this can help with the reasoning you can give.

Just a question, but why would you ever have to explain a package to anybody? The only person I would ever have to explain a package to is my wife. It's nobody else's business. If asked, I would just nonchalantly say "just some stuff I ordered".

That's gonna be a heck of a huge package coming. If they're not going to be checking in ever again, might as well say you ordered a couch

well the OP mentioned "support staff".

and while its nice to think we dont owe the world around us any sort of explanation, sometimes it does help to satisfy other curiosity to prevent any sorts of social issues later. sometimes telling someone whats in a big huge mystery box, is better then telling someone to mind their own business. especially if the people asking have concern for you the receiver.

these sort of questions of what do i say is in the box, are not nearly as black and white for some people as those with their own mailboxes and homes

In short, sometimes its best to politely decline to tell, sometimes you have to be a bit delicate with your answers.

Well I pretty much know the staff here at the supported living complex know I wear nappies, I don't know what extent I'm wearing (currently 24/7) so they might just think there nappies being delivered.

I was hospitalised 6 weeks ago because I become Psychotic again and staff needed to gain access to my room and bring my clothes to the Psych learning disability ward. It was a completely unplanned event and I had used adult nappies on the floor and a good supply of Attends nappies stacke neatly in the corner

The staff cleaned up the used Nappies

Nothing has been said apart from they had a staff meeting about the nappies, I know this because I had a conversation with a staff member I get on good with and he told me in light hearted conversation'' how's the hygiene issues, we are here if you need to talk ect''

There are numerous nappy boxes with Attends down in the basement because the gray rescaling bin get full so it's easier to put them down there.

The green general waste dustbin gets full and heavier quickly know I'm 24/7 and I had to share that with 5 other residents.

Plus I left a used Attends slip in the main bathroom overnight when I got drunk and forgot about it until the morning. That went around the complex like wild fire.

Do You think they already know, lol!

tbh it sounds like you have already come out to those around you, im not really sure why you would not tell them the package has nappies

If they already know you wear nappies then no need to hide them. Just say what they are.

If they ask about the designs you could say something along the lines of you trying to bring a little happiness into a dire situation.

bobbilly said:
I have just orderd this order from nappiesRus and am worried about the size of the box/boxes. I have realised I have support staff on from 9am until 1pm tomorrow and they will be in the living room with me (which I have to sit in to hear my parcel) There is no avoiding it and if it's a large box how I'm I going to explain whats it in? I have pre 12 delivery!

HUGE TALL box, and you what waist size are you?

yurguardianangel said:
HUGE TALL box, and you what waist size are you?

48 waist

PaddedInPuyallup said:
Just a question, but why would you ever have to explain a package to anybody? The only person I would ever have to explain a package to is my wife. It's nobody else's business. If asked, I would just nonchalantly say "just some stuff I ordered".
Unfortunately, this sort of "civil rights" viewpoint doesn't inform any practical solutions. The fact of the matter is that shipments of "stuff" that seem to enter a home and "disappear" are going to breed suspicion and distrust, and you don't want those things. If you ever get to the point where you're refusing to give straight answers about what you've received in the mail, the war is over, and any semblance of a peaceful living situation goes swiftly to hell.

Best bets: Have a plausible and substantiable (but false) explanation for what's in the packages, come clean about what's in the packages, or make sure they're never seen in the first place.

bobbilly said:

XL will be too big, the large is what you should have bought.

yurguardianangel said:
XL will be too big, the large is what you should have bought.

I like my tapes to come in the middle of my belly button.

bobbilly said:

That won't come in one box. That will be 2-4 cases. The bambino will be in its own case probably. the others it wil depend on the size of the box they decide to use since there are a lot of individual bags. ABU space come in boxes with 8 bags, all on the same level, so it's more of a "cardboard slab" than the case you usually see. They're the only ones I've seen use that though, so I would expect two or three more "standard" size cases.~ 14" x 24" x 38" would be a typical case box size. Plan on a total of 3-4 of those. Stack 'em up in the corner ;)

bobbilly said:
It was a completely unplanned event and I had used adult nappies on the floor and a good supply of Attends nappies stacke neatly in the corner
<snip>
The staff cleaned up the used Nappies
<snip>
Nothing has been said apart from they had a staff meeting about the nappies, I know this because I had a conversation with a staff member I get on good with and he told me in light hearted conversation'' how's the hygiene issues, we are here if you need to talk ect''
<snip>
Plus I left a used Attends slip in the main bathroom overnight when I got drunk and forgot about it until the morning. That went around the complex like wild fire.

They definitely know already. Be honest with your support staff about what's in the box(s) if they ask, and for goodness sake stop leaving used diapers laying around. It's unsanitary and unpleasant for anyone else who has to deal with it.

WOW!!! They arrived, the ABU Simple, just WOW!! I'm like a kid in a sweet shop which one do I try first, going to order 16 bags of 10 now.

bobbilly said:
WOW!!! They arrived, the ABU Simple, just WOW!! I'm like a kid in a sweet shop which one do I try first, going to order 16 bags of 10 now.

Buy from abdlfactory next time,MUCH better selection of diapers there, including REARZ.

yurguardianangel said:
Buy from abdlfactory next time,MUCH better selection of diapers there, including REARZ.

Way cheaper at nappiesRus and fantastic service as well, can't fault them.

Very large box, maybe even a few of them.

welostme said:
Very large box, maybe even a few of them.

Yes it was one large box and quite heavy I had to roll it up the stairs to my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back