Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I make a functional diaper?

Default How can I make a functional diaper?

I'm out of diapers and it's hard for me to get them and worry about hiding them as I live with someone. Is there a way I can make one with a plastic bag and some maxi pads or something? I don't have any tape. I just wanted to wear one around the house today. Thanks!

Why not buy some drynites/goodnites if they fit you?

Can always add boosters to them such as a pampers size 6 with pinholes.

BOTH are cheap to buy.

you can always make your own cloth diaper and research different types and see witch ones you like best

- - - Updated - - -

I love drynights but not practical trough out the day

Got any decent-sized safety pins? By far the simplest thing would be to just fold up a towel or a flannel bed sheet and pin it on like a traditional cloth diaper. Or use a stack of tee shirts, arms in back for the wings. If you want to actually wet it, a plastic garbage bag could be secured over it, however that would be easiest to do with tape, which you said you don't have.

Bath towel and black plastic bag and gaffa/duct tape isn't too bad.

Remember to soak the bath towel in water after. So it won't smell of pee.

I don't find homemade nearly as good as "the real thing"

if you can get maxi pads you'd do better with what you can buy in stores, trash bag diapers leak, baddly.

If you want to make a reusable diaper then Try buying some white round necked sweatshirts or t-shirts then try stitching them together from the waist next place into that a towl or something similar to that and then stich the arm holes up to make the wings and attach some-sort of plastic bag perhaps useing the packages the t-shirts or vests came in or you can find a towling diapers as an insert.

If your looking to buy stuff to make a disposable diaper then try using a xl plastic bag some xl-xxl baby diapers as an insert some masking tape and a load of cotton wool for the inside and there you have it.

Thanks guys. I made one with a plastic bag and maxi pads as inserts. It actually worked out well. Held two full wettings.

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoSky View Post
    Thanks guys. I made one with a plastic bag and maxi pads as inserts. It actually worked out well. Held two full wettings.
    Hey, great! Maxi pads aren't far off from diapers, so we'll call this a mod instead of a makeshift.