New to needing diapers and wondering which diapers are good for workouts (Hope this hasn't been asked before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzywop

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey everybody, I was recently diagnosed with urge incontinence and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for diapers you can workout in. I like to mainly run and some times do weights, yoga, and kick boxing. I've been using Depends real fit but wanted to see if there were any better alternatives. :smile:

I'm not the best person to answer this, but wanted to bump your post before it disappeared too far. I just started running again, no more than 3-4 miles currently, and got out what remains of my original (white) Depends for Men. Under spandex, they feel really comfortable (no chafing) and have never leaked. I've heard the newer Depends fall a bit short in both categories, but don't have personal experience. Have you had any complaints? For urge issues, I'd think you'd want leak guards for certain activities?

Obviously it's no longer possible to get the white variety, and I've gone in search of alternatives. I've recently heard good things about two pull-ups: the Rite-Aid unisex overnights and the Tena Extra unisex. I can post a follow-up when I have a chance to try them.

Last edited:
Hi! Male here with urge incontinent and night accidents (sometimes day accidents too, so many factors change the level of my incontinence)
I'm an active guy, I found TENA Slip Maxi cottonfeel works pretty well and it's discreet but absorbant. They stay well In place will you workout. Cottonfeel diapers are better for sports, outdoor activities cause they let to ur skin breath and they are not as hot as the regular plastic back diapers.
Also there is a Molicare Premium cottonfeel that is not thick either.

With time, you are going to be able to work out with any diaper since you and your body will get used to it.

Oh, yeah, practice how to change your diapers standing up by using the wall to keep it on place. This will help you big time in different situations :)

couchesstevenboy said:
Oh, yeah, practice how to change your diapers standing up by using the wall to keep it on place. This will help you big time in different situations :)
Once you get good you won't even need a wall to keep it in place. Pull up the front to where you want it, then use your forearm to hold it against your stomach while pulling the back up with your other hand. As you bring the back up, you'll notice that the arm holding the front is still leaving your hand free at the wrist to manipulate tapes and spread the sides out. Once you get the first top tape done, both hands are free to do the rest. The only trick to making this method work well is that you need to memorize exactly where the tapes are supposed to go for your usual fit.

Bambino Diapers are extremely absorbent and attractive. Willl be covered by workout sweat shorts/capris.

you will get use to wearing diapers, I wear dry 24/7's and they handle my OAB issue. it takes trial and error untill you find the diaper that fits you the best.

always go with a premium diaper you pay a bit more but they are more absorbant and usualy wick faster then the cheaper brands.

find a diaper you can trust then dealing with incontincence becomes easier and after a while you really stop thinking about your diaper as it becomes your nirmal every day underware

I work out at a gym five or six times a week, mainly speed walking and jogging on the indoor track, riding a stationary cycle, and using a rowing machine. I wear an Abena M4 diaper to the workout and then change into a Dry24/7 afterward. The gym has private showers. So I am able to make the diaper change in the shower.

Thank you everybody for the advice! I'll be sure to try out all the recommendations! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the recommendations :) so far the real fit works pretty well btw

might want to try some depends mens underwear and maybe even the gaurds or shields (is it heavy or minimal leaks you've experienced

irnub said:
Once you get good you won't even need a wall to keep it in place. Pull up the front to where you want it, then use your forearm to hold it against your stomach while pulling the back up with your other hand. As you bring the back up, you'll notice that the arm holding the front is still leaving your hand free at the wrist to manipulate tapes and spread the sides out. Once you get the first top tape done, both hands are free to do the rest. The only trick to making this method work well is that you need to memorize exactly where the tapes are supposed to go for your usual fit.

Wow, I'll try that one. Sometimes even walls are nasty. Thanks a lot :)

How much leakage are we talking about? I wear the Depend Shields normally for dribbles when sitting/bending, and they're very comfortable most the time. I don't know if the thicker Guards would be enough for what you need, but at least it'd leave your tail end uncovered to avoid getting hot and chafing.

When I run outside or hike I leave the Shields at home. Personally, I'd be willing to put up with quite a bit of leakage in spandex undies and dark synthetic shorts before I tried running outside with a diaper on.

Molicare soft super, breathable and discreet and pretty absorbent too.

Plastic backed diapers WILL make you sweat more down there during workouts.

couchesstevenboy said:
Wow, I'll try that one. Sometimes even walls are nasty. Thanks a lot :)
Let me know how it works out for you. I just sort of started doing it that way without thinking, so I'm never sure if I'm explaining it well (hard to explain a process you've never had to really think about). It's so much quicker than sitting/laying down, and so much more versatile than the wall method for standing that I've always wondered why I'm apparently the only one who does it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back