Wearing for comfort from UTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I wear diaper while I have a UTI so when I have an urge to pee I can just pee. But I am curious if I have a UTI while a physical exam and I'm wearing during the physical exam. What would a doctor think about the diaper if I say I'm using it for the UTI?

I think they will understand. Ive done it before, it is real convenient for this situiation because when the urge hits you just have to go. With mine i took cranberry pills and drank lots of fluids so i was going constant. Hope this helped

I don't know the answer to that one. I had a UTI about half a year ago and the pain was so intense, that I didn't wear a diaper for a week. I'm a male, so perhaps male UTIs are different? It came suddenly and in a couple hours, I was in the emergency room getting intravenous antibiotics. I went home sever hours later feeling better, but it took weeks for the pain to go completely away when I was peeing. I hope to never go through that again.

In order to relieve some of the pain, they gave me a muscle relaxant that turned my urine orange. I kept leaking into my underwear which soon was wet and bright orange. It probably was about as embarrassing as wearing diapers and a whole lot less practical, so maybe diapers are a better choice.

dogboy said:
I don't know the answer to that one. I had a UTI about half a year ago and the pain was so intense, that I didn't wear a diaper for a week. I'm a male, so perhaps male UTIs are different? It came suddenly and in a couple hours, I was in the emergency room getting intravenous antibiotics. I went home sever hours later feeling better, but it took weeks for the pain to go completely away when I was peeing. I hope to never go through that again.

In order to relieve some of the pain, they gave me a muscle relaxant that turned my urine orange. I kept leaking into my underwear which soon was wet and bright orange. It probably was about as embarrassing as wearing diapers and a whole lot less practical, so maybe diapers are a better choice.

Sounds like you had an upper UTI. (bladder/kidney) I've had a lower UTI a couple times (lower plumbing) In my case, the time between urination was painful. Urination brought relief, but only for a short time. (flushing out the nasties I suppose, until they built up again?) Both times were over the weekened thankfully, and so I wore a thick high sap diaper and drank a lot, and anytime I got a burn I'd release just enough to put out the fire. That worked very well to clear me up in 24-36 hrs. Overnight my diaper was a godsend

Last time I had an infection I put a 3 way foley in and flushed that thing out with mitrocyin , even with a foley in a diaper is required because my Bladder loves to spasm and I end up with blowbye .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Had one about 28 years ago i could not stop it from going no mater what. I didn't know what i had. Went to U of M in a diaper and they never batted an eye. He told me i had an infection and i said from what Don't know. Never had one since.

So the doctor won't care if I said I was using the diapers for relief for a UTI?

Nah even Doctors are embarrassed by diapers, anybody with the stones to use on for a UTI will probably not hear a word about it.

I would think they'd advise against it because of bacteria growth and what not. (Although, I'll be honest, I've been awful and done it to keep me from peeing my pants)

If bacteria and such were going to be a "problem" diapers would not have started evolving 1000's of years ago , nor would we have evolved as people because we all would be sick and dead, bacteria are very responsive to basic washing and soap techniques during the Civil War we probably killed more wounded than the bullets & bayonets with sepsis from not washing our hands when caring for wounded, not cleaning instruments or are hands. We all survive being babies with partial immune systems in diapers, now granted I have been IC a lot longer than my first spin around with diapers but in cathing myself 5 Xs a day everyday for the last 8 years ( clean intermittent cathing ) clean being the operative word I have only gotten 2 infections, not sterile but clean and the first four years of that I reused 2 red rubber Rob Nell catheters by using them then boiling them and letting them dry and using them again over and over everyday , then insurance decided single use catheters were better and started paying for disposable with KY packets and then to where we are now with self lubricated in the package , they will pay for closed system if you get more than 2 infections in 6 months, so bacteria in diapers and UTIS are not usually an issue with hand washing and for those that they are it's usually ineffective handwashing or compromised immune systems.

However extra bacteria during a UTI or simular just makes it worse and takes much longer to go away though...

I've never had a serious UTI, but have had minor ones. Never wore during those times and probably won't in the future.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd get paranoid of making the situation worse by wearing so I always try to keep the downstairs bits as clean as possible until the whole thing passes. Sure urine isn't especially dirty right as it comes out of the body, but time, warmth, and moist environments are just begging for trouble. Change often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back