Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: countries that outlaw homosexuality

Default countries that outlaw homosexuality

I was looking through the list of countries and LGBT rights in those countries, and noticed that a lot of countries outright outlaw it, or carry the death penalty.

I personally find that fucked up even my own country out laws same sex marriage.

I personally know religious nutjobs (who don't know I'm gay) who applauded this type of crap i don't know how anyone can justify the government to kill people who are different. (those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it) many governments have made the same mistakes (such as the holocaust) killing people who are different isn't going to get rid of them, people will just live in fear, hiding from there governments, and moving to other countries.

Good thing I wasn't born in those countries. you can't just make something illegal and expect people to change. It's like outlawing people with brown eyes, you're not going to get rid of people with brown eyes oh wait, they literally will by executing them, that's right... that's how backwards some countries are.

From what I've gathered with laws it doesn't matter how messed up they are, or how stupid they are, they will pass if enough stupid people vote for it.

It's just one of those things that occur in nature, you've always got your fair share of ignorant people who are brainwashed into thinking people who are different are bad, (due to politics, extremism, whatever)

I feel sorry for the LGBTs in those countries, wish we could all live in harmony.

I also get pissed of how some people turn everything into politics, for example there will always be that one folk, who will always argue that the sky is green, even though It's blue.

I think it may have something to do with me being born without religion or politics involved in my life, I just see the way things are, I don't pick sides, and I don't care too much about politics, there is only right and wrong. you can't just hold onto something that is wrong, and than argue as why you think it's right, it's wrong.

sky being blue is right.
    sky being yellow is wrong.

homosexuality isn't a choice.
    heterosexuality isn't a choice.
    bisexuality isn't a choice.

Everyone is the way they are. nothing can change them, you can't just slap a death penalty onto something that no one has control over.

etc...

The day people learn this, we will finally live in peace and harmony.

Misatoismywaifu

Stay in LGBT friendly Nations.

The problem is those countries you're talking about happen to be religious so homosexuality is against their religion. Luckily out country isn't ran on religion. Yes we do have laws against same sex marriages (it's up to US states to outlaw it or allow it) but it's not illegal to be gay because we won't throw you in jail for it and give you capital punishment. Hooray for a free country.

But one of them, Iraq I think, allows people to transition and they pay for it but sadly they do it for the wrong reason and they are forced to do a transition or they go to jail if they act on their homosexuality. That is their cure to homosexuality. But what happens if they are gay you know and are actually transgender?

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Luckily out country isn't ran on religion. Yes we do have laws against same sex marriages (it's up to US states to outlaw it or allow it)
    I think you're stuck in 2014 as in the U.S, same sex marriage was legalized nationwide in 2015 in Obgerfelle v Hodges.

But anyways, much like what Calico said, nearly all the countries that ban being gay are religious countries, and the ones where they have the death penalty for being gay are almost all hellhole dystopian Muslim theocracies. These countries, Saudi Arabia, Iran (they're the one that'll let you transition and see being trans as a cure for being gay), Afghanistan, Sudan, Mauritania, etc, all are funamentalist Muslim countries, all will execute you for being gay, and all have serious human rights violations not related to LGBT rights.

For instance, in Saudi Arabia, women aren't allowed to drive, they execute people by beheading them (just like ISIS), and they do this publicly at Chop Chop Square. And while slavery was outlawed in Mauritania in 1981, you couldn't be punished for it until 2007, and even so, about 20% of the population is enslaved and slavery is still normal there today.

Honestly, these countries don't even feel real to me since I can't wrap my head around any of the countries that I listed. I know I can't step foot in any of those countries as I'd be executed in all of those countries for my sexual orientation and (lack of) religious beliefs, and most likely other reasons as well. All I can say is that I feel sorry for anyone living in those countries that isn't a free straight fundamentalist Muslim cis male and hope they have a Civil Rights Revolution soon.

One thing that shocks me is how people can enjoy killing other people because they do public stoning. They have citizens throw rocks at the person who is being executed and I wonder how many people out there are evil and would actually do it if the law allowed them to. How many people hold back from killing because of the law in place? It's like many of us are psychopaths but we control it so it's not diagnosable for us.

I have even seen a few people say online how they would kill ABDLs. :surprised: Yes people are that evil and hateful.

To quote the song, "It's very, very... mad world."

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    From what I've gathered with laws it doesn't matter how messed up they are, or how stupid they are, they will pass if enough stupid people vote for it.
    People very rarely get the chance to vote for laws. Even in (so-called-) democracies, we can only vote for someone to represent our views, and have very little choice. There are usually only a handful of candidates standing for election. But, yeah, most people are stupid when it comes to politics!

It's just one of those things that occur in nature, you've always got your fair share of ignorant people who are brainwashed into thinking people who are different are bad, (due to politics, extremism, whatever)

I feel sorry for the LGBTs in those countries, wish we could all live in harmony.
    Totally.

sky being blue is right.
    sky being yellow is wrong.
    Kind of off-topic, but colour isn't an inherent property of physical objects. Colour is an illusion created in our brains to help us distinguish objects more readily, and colour-perception differs between cultures. The ancient Greeks used to say that the colour of the sky was bronze.

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchang...k-color-vision

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    One thing that shocks me is how people can enjoy killing other people because they do public stoning. They have citizens throw rocks at the person who is being executed and I wonder how many people out there are evil and would actually do it if the law allowed them to. How many people hold back from killing because of the law in place? It's like many of us are psychopaths but we control it so it's not diagnosable for us.
    That reminds of a book I read called, "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson. It looks at how psychopathy is diagnosed and how many corporate and political leaders exhibit psychopathic traits. Successful leadership often goes hand-in-hand with psychopathy, which possibly explains why there are so many wars. Most of our leaders are psychopaths!

But then, everyone's a little bit psychopathic, according to the arbitrary checklist in the DSM. Capitalism rewards psychopathic behaviour. At it's most ruthless, capitalism is the physical manifestation of psychopathy. So society trains us to be a little bit psychopathic.

It's a fascinating book. Ronson (the author) gives a quick summary of some of the ideas in this video:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychopath-.../dp/0330492276

It's hard to express what it means exactly, but I think that people definitely have a mob or herd mentality about a lot of issues. Homosexuality is one where major institutions, both government in some places and religious in others, say that it's wrong. And they say that anyone who does it needs to be killed in some places. There's a lot of weight behind that. It's hard to expect every person to go read the scientific papers that document how homosexuality cannot be "cured" and it's harder still to get people to think through their moral sense of right and wrong when they've been raised in a whole culture where everyone thinks pretty much the same way as the government. In the U.S. and Europe where homosexuality has become tolerated, it has taken the better part of the 20th century for it to gain acceptance. It had to first become something that people were conscious of without causing harm (that is, it's something that regular people do somewhere), then conscious that people they actually knew were engaging in homosexual relationships, and only then for their to be a major effort in drawing public attention to the problem and getting the rules changed. And even now, it's an issue that not everybody agrees about and many parts of both the U.S. and Europe would still harm or even kill someone who strode through town while kissing another person of the same sex.

So yes, it's crazy now that most of us have been educated on the topic, but what this is showing is how many, many people make decisions about things in life. They don't go and investigate every issue themselves. They rely on the moral and political framework of the place they live and they do more or less what their neighbors do and think what their neighbors think, and it takes a LOT, A LOT of work to change that.

I can remember when I was a little kid living in New Jersey. During the summer, my dad would point out the northern sky and we'd see the bright green and yellow lights of the Aurora Borealis. So damn it, the sky is both green and yellow!

On a more serious note, it's also very dangerous to be gay in Donald Trump's beloved nation, Russia. He can thank Putin for that.

It is still extremely dangerous to be Gay here in the US. I constantly fear for my life every time I leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    It is still extremely dangerous to be Gay here in the US. I constantly fear for my life every time I leave the house.
    One think I've learned watching the Trump rallies that as a nation, we have not come as far as I once thought. I find it very sad.