Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 7: are you getting it?

Default iPhone 7: are you getting it?

So the iPhone 7 is coming out next week, is anyone planning on getting it? From what I've heard the iPhone 8 is going to be much better (screen rounding onto the sides of the phones, professional grade camera, better audio, etc.) I just wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Nah.
    I've tried both IOS and Android and prefer Android by a long shot.
    I'm not a fan of Apple since they release phone after phone meaning the new iPhone 7 you just bought will be obsolete within a few years.

nope. dont need cutting edge phones. complete waste of time/money/resources.

Nope. I'd be happy to have one, but I've found that the best insurance on these things is to just buy cheapies. I'm currently using a $60 AT&T GoPhone (Windows) which is just fine for my needs. I'm sure I'll accidentally break it at some point, as I've done with several previous phones, and then I'll be out another $60. Spending $600+ on something so small that then needs a fat case, insurance, etc., is just not something I can rationalize.

i have a 4s still so i'm looking forward to upgrading to a 6 for cheap haha!

yurguardianangel

Nah got a Iphone 5S and really hate the appalling battery life despite being bought new.
    Think I'll get the new sony waterproof phone next or samsung which are great.

Funny though my Ipad 4 has amazing battery life and was 2nd hand.

The Iphone 8 will have a child's voice that will randomly say disturbing things, especially in the middle of the night. There will be no way to turn it off, and it's battery will recharge itself from your bodies energy.

Nope. I very much dislike iOS and Apple products in general.

All the distaste for Apple in this forum is really funny to me XD
    I expected at least a few people to be excited about the iPhone 7

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Nope. I'd be happy to have one, but I've found that the best insurance on these things is to just buy cheapies. I'm currently using a $60 AT&T GoPhone (Windows) which is just fine for my needs. I'm sure I'll accidentally break it at some point, as I've done with several previous phones, and then I'll be out another $60. Spending $600+ on something so small that then needs a fat case, insurance, etc., is just not something I can rationalize.
    For many of us, the cost/benefit ratio simply doesn't work. I suspect that is also true for many more who don't want to admit it. For them, its a fashion accessory. Like an expensive watch. The old Timex from Wallyworld keeps time just as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepies View Post
    All the distaste for Apple in this forum is really funny to me XD
    I expected at least a few people to be excited about the iPhone 7
    I think it's not so much a distaste for Apple as it is for a product marketing strategy that corrals users into their proprietary way of doing things (at a premium price). Their products have certainly been innovative in many ways. I can't fault them for taking advantage of that to make more money, but I don't have to ante up either.

What I've found amusing over the last week or so is the huge deal the mainstream media has made over the lack of a headphone jack in rev. 7. With the maturation of bluetooth, dangling wires and a mini phone jack are a vulnerable, inelegant kluge in the system. Even in my cheap, old, primitive, Rube Goldbergian electronic world, I've begun adopting wireless and <gasp> bluetooth connections as old equipment dies, I come across new functions that I consider "must have", or Mrs. Maxx rearranges furniture and re-purposes rooms. "Screw that, I'm not fishing another 50 feet of cat5 and speaker wire under the subfloor because you want to move the couch over THERE"
    Last edited by Maxx; 10-Sep-2016 at 14:16.