Should I sleep with my Teddy Bear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickles51

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have a condition called REM Behavior Disorder that makes me act out my dreams. The dreams are violent and the medication I take at night only partially controls the violent dreams. Obviously I sleep alone. I'm not a violent person.

Two nights ago I punched him hard five times during a dream, then I woke up. A couple of weeks ago, I shook him and threw him across the room before I woke up.

Do you think I should sleep with my Teddy Bear?

I don't see why not. He is your support buddy!

Why not? It's one of the best perks of ABDL.

tickles51 said:
I have a condition called REM Behavior Disorder that makes me act out my dreams. The dreams are violent and the medication I take at night only partially controls the violent dreams. Obviously I sleep alone. I'm not a violent person.

Two nights ago I punched him hard five times during a dream, then I woke up. A couple of weeks ago, I shook him and threw him across the room before I woke up.

Yes! Sleep with him.
Your lovey friend understands you do not mean to hurt him, because you have this nocturnal sleep disorder.
​He forgives you.

Besides, who are what would you be throwing if you didn't have your bear? At least it's an outlet for your dreams, so I'd keep sleeping with the bear.

Hi Tickles

Sorry to hear that you have bad dreams, I know they not nice. And have your condition muther make worser.

I would have some words with your teddy. It there job to keep the monsters from under the bed away. So if you are having bed dreams then teddy is not doing his job. Naughty teddy!

Biy the way did you know that may the 9th is national teddy bear day.
And all teddy's should have a extra hug.

sisi said:

Hi Tickles

Sorry to hear that you have bad dreams, I know they not nice. And have your condition muther make worser.

I would have some words with your teddy. It there job to keep the monsters from under the bed away. So if you are having bed dreams then teddy is not doing his job. Naughty teddy!

Biy the way did you know that may the 9th is national teddy bear day.
And all teddy's should have a extra hug.

Thanks for the suggestion sisi, I'll talk to him as soon as I can. For the past few nights he's looked like he was sad. I think he's doing better now with plenty of hugs.

These monsters are very strong. People have thrown themselves out of windows trying to get away from them. I'm afraid when I sleep but Teddy makes me feel safe.

P.S Thanks, I added May the 9th as National Teddy Bear day to my calendar.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Besides, who are what would you be throwing if you didn't have your bear? At least it's an outlet for your dreams, so I'd keep sleeping with the bear.
Thanks dogboy , that's good advise.

- - - Updated - - -

caitianx said:
Yes! Sleep with him.
Your lovey friend understands you do not mean to hurt him, because you have this nocturnal sleep disorder.
​He forgives you.
Thanks caitianx. I think he'll be o.k. with plenty of extra hugs.

I would, I can never sleep without a cuddly in bed with me

Should you sleep with your Teddy Bear?

I would say definitely, YES!

Your Teddy Bear is there for you when you do have bad dreams, and good ones too. Your Teddy Bear will forgive you for what you do to it. It knows your are having bad dreams that you need to deal with. Teddy Bears are there for the good times and the bad times. They are there to protect you and to protect others.

Teddy Bears will put themselves in harm's way so that we do not harm others. They know that is why they are there for us. There are also there afterwards, when we hug them and apologize for harming them. They do not leave us for any reason.

I know my stuffy Blue was crushed flat the other night. I was hugging him so tight against my chest that he was literally flat. I don't know if I was having a good dream or a bad dream. I do know in my dream I was hugging my wife who I miss a lot. Blue did puff back up after a time. Blue was there for me when I cried and remembered my wife. Blue did not leave me just because I crushed him.

Your Teddy Bear is there for you for the reasons you need it.

Moonshot said:
Should you sleep with your Teddy Bear?

I would say definitely, YES!

Your Teddy Bear is there for you when you do have bad dreams, and good ones too. Your Teddy Bear will forgive you for what you do to it. It knows your are having bad dreams that you need to deal with. Teddy Bears are there for the good times and the bad times. They are there to protect you and to protect others.

Teddy Bears will put themselves in harm's way so that we do not harm others. They know that is why they are there for us. There are also there afterwards, when we hug them and apologize for harming them. They do not leave us for any reason.

I know my stuffy Blue was crushed flat the other night. I was hugging him so tight against my chest that he was literally flat. I don't know if I was having a good dream or a bad dream. I do know in my dream I was hugging my wife who I miss a lot. Blue did puff back up after a time. Blue was there for me when I cried and remembered my wife. Blue did not leave me just because I crushed him.

Your Teddy Bear is there for you for the reasons you need it.
Thanks Moonshot, it's comforting to know I'm not alone in this. And I'm glad that Blue was there for you when you cried and remembered your wife. I can't think of a better reason to have a stuffy at our side.

I cannot make night night without mine. All babies need their teddy bears! He is your protector. Let him do his job.

Yes Absolutely is my awnser to that question, I lost my beloved soulmate and lover in 2006, and have been missing her ever since she died I cuddle up to my teadybear as he is the only friend I have ever had since I won him in a supprse Christmas raffle in 2010.

There's nothing wrong with having a teddy bear at hand as specially when they keep you companion on your hardest days.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

tickles51 said:

Ok so not being rude just curious. How do you know that you are actually doing these things to the bear. I understand the throwing part but how can you know you are doing those things to the bear and not the bed or pillow or blanket.

And like I have said a few times here. You are an adult do you really need other people to tell you whether or not you should sleep with your teddy bear?

Hi binkygirl, nice hearing from you. I hope you're not angry with me.
binkygirl said:
How do you know that you are actually doing these things to the bear.

Good question. do we know where dreams end and reality begins?

In the first case, when I woke up, I was in the middle of a punch and I stopped myself. Can I prove that it wasn't just a dream? No. But I was kneeling over him with my fists closed.

In the second case, I knew I threw the bear because I remember throwing him. I found him on the other side of the room in the morning.

Another example was when I had a dream that something evil was going to attack me from behind my headboard. I punched up very hard, with both fists, hitting the wall above the headboard. I know I did it because I hurt my thumb.

binkygirl said:
Do you really need other people to tell you whether or not you should sleep with your teddy bear?
I asked what people thought because I'm really attached to my bear and I was weighing the risks of eventually destroying him during an RBD episode vs. not sleeping with my buddy. The responses I got from the forum helped me decide to take the chance. If I tear him apart some night, it will be painful for me. He could sit in the chair and be safe.

Let's put this in another context. Do you think I should sleep with my girlfriend?

What do you think?

Last edited:
I have a whole bunch of plushies in my bed, and rattles and flashlights and other cute toys, I need lots of stuff around me to feel safe and thats all good :)

magnolia said:
I have a whole bunch of plushies in my bed, and rattles and flashlights and other cute toys, I need lots of stuff around me to feel safe and thats all good :)

:eek:ldguy:Myself included!

All I know about REM behavior disorder is an event where the person is doing conscious movement beyond the stage of REM sleep, people who experienced it would remember what they have done in a dream, but not conscious when doing it. This disorder usually occurs due caused by other diseases. I still don't know the cause socially, but when talking about sleeping at teddy bear, you must be put it right next to you when sleeping, right? so there are possibly when it happens you automatically hit it directly. That's no problem while you just hit it by your hand because it was soft, unless when you hit it by a sharp object that would be damage the toy. Just pay attention to circumstances, if you don't do it too violent, that's fine for sleep with teddy bear, but if that's enough harm the object then you should keep the Teddy bear far away from where you sleep because it would damage the toy.

AEther.

AEther said:
you must be put it right next to you when sleeping, right? so there are possibly when it happens you automatically hit it directly.
Yes, I think that's true. My eyes are open while I have these dreams. So Teddy will be the first thing I see.
AEther said:
but if that's enough harm the object then you should keep the Teddy bear far away from where you sleep because it would damage the toy.
Thanks, that's good advise. My bedroom was made safe. There are no sharp objects.

I would too hehe I would never be able to sleep without my soft toys :p Love to hug them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back