Need some advices: i would like to try 24/7 for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neaendr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello everybody!

It’s some times since i think about it, and i have an opportunity to be seized: my relatives leave for almost a month and thus i will be alone at home. So i would like to experiment a 24/7 padded period. 'Finally have an opportunity and enough confidence to try it. But to do things well and without hurting myself, I would like to ask you some questions, and submit my ideas to know if they are viable. :detective3

The essential question is about good diaper choice!

The main one to wear at home and during night, would be the Ontex ID (medium) (It’s a brand which I’ve already tried and found comfortable).
Those for outside (cinema, grocery, going out with friends) would be the ID, but also if needed to be more discreet, some drynight/goodnight or the Tena lady pant discreet (pullup which have a "Fresh Odour Control " system) with a plastic pant. (However I still have never try the Tena :( )

Wonder if I can wear these Tena pull-up also in my working place: It’s a part-time job, generally 2 or 3 hours in a row, with breaks of several hours during the day. So i can go home and change, then go back to work for 2 or 3 other hours. (I live at 10- 15 min far from my workplace by bike).
Tena Lady pant (+plastic pant) would be enough for these periods of work?
I specify that I only wet and never mess, and that my work requires moderate but permanent/fast physical exercise.

In terms of avoiding a rash ,what about the use of coconut oil (pleasant smell ,fungicidal, and nourishing for the skin) with some essential oil of lavender or tea tree what do you think about it?:

I also wonder:

- are plastic-pant noisy?

-is that riding a bike with a diaper too gaudy or inconvenient for the movement? I have a seat similar to this one:
bike seat.jpg

I am conscious that I am certainly going to make newbie errors , I would like to avoid a maximum of them, and wait impatiently for your advices!
It is a big step for me, thank you for your help! (and sorry for the language mistakes :/)

From experiance. Biking with a wet diaper is a bad idea. Biking with a dry diaper is still a bad idea but is ok I guess. I have a seat just like that and still have issues. Bikes are god awful on diapers. Honestly what I would do is wear plastic pants and a diaper brief to work. Inspect it to ensure its still able to make it through the 3 - 5 hours. How ever always have a extra diaper on you at all times incase of emergencys reguardless of where you go. specially if you are riding a bike. you may need to change out of your diaper once you get to work if it is to disfigured. So just keep this in mind. I honestly feel the best bet is to go tape diapers. It will give you the easiest round to change in public. Just my point of view. Good luck and never ride home or any where with a wet diaper. Even if you do. Wear plastic pants. Other wise more then likely the urine will come out of your diaper from the pressing on the diaper for long periods of time

I see...Thank for the warning! It's unfortunate because my bike is my main means of transport right now. But i could leaving for work a little earlier and simply walk instead of biking to avoid messing with the diaper :thumbsup:

I definitely recommend something other than a store bought pull up ( none are really good , unless your main bathroom is gonna be the bathroom, these Store ones are really for very light leakage and spotting , not for full time full use wetting ) order some Abena, or Northshore or even some Tranquility ATN'S ( With these you will need to change much more frequently than an Abena or Northshore but less than a pull up).
Going 24/7 is not something to do without proper diapers on hand that can handle it, not just absorbency but the moving around , changing positions and Lord knows if you have a fast paced job , the last thing you want is for the diaper/ pull up to breakdown and fall out a pants leg or something equally disturbing , a cheap diaper can do this very easily , get a real decent time tested people tested diaper for your foray into 24/7 even if you don't plan on using these things can self destruct embarrassingly, wear a traditional diaper that has served well the IC people and has a proven capacity to both absorb as well as stand up to movement and activity, with something proven in both categories it will be off your mind , and that is one thing a new diaper wearer IC or not needs more than anything is confidence in there protection to get on with living and not be focused on the protection, because if your focus is there others will be aswell. So order up some real diapers and enjoy the experience rather than be sweating the details , also a very small amount of lavender oil goes a long way , don't smell like a whole house, be careful, coconut oil is very good as rash preventer for those that are new but for long term nothing is much better, your skin needs to adapt and " harden" once it does rash cream is an occasional thing , I am IC and I use it randomly one day a week only to nourish the skin ( I have all different kinds and just grab one randomly , this way your skin doesn't get a tolerance to any particular brand of cream, a tolerance means if you actually get a rash it will be useless or worse allow it to spread) wearing 24/7 is an art and science all unto itself when you are IC , and it starts with skin care and hygiene 101 and you will become really good at it but never reach the Masters level , there is always something you have never encountered or planned for even after 25 years sometimes I feel like is my 2nd day, so get something battle tested and be successful .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have been wearing 24/7 for just about a week now. I like cloth diapers because they are reusable and I think more comfortable than disposables. I do wear depends when my diapers are in the wash (as they are now) but will switch back to my cloth diaper tonite. I also wear an insert and plastic pants.
I try to keep myself really clean, but now developed a mild case of diaper rash, I will start using a better barrier ointment (zinc oxide) is better than Aveeno skin cream. Another issue is that I wear my diaper until I have the opportunity to change it in private so that means I sit in a wet diaper longer than I like but that's the choice I've made to wear 24/7

Good Luck

I hope you are getting a prescription for straight zinc oxide from your doctor because the OTC stuff has petroleum added as a dispersal agent ( makes it easier to spread) and that stuff is certain death to your plastic pants your urine and even wash water leeches small amounts of it into the diaper that then comes into contact with your pants and strips the plasticizers out of them causing them to become brittle and crack prematurely, this results in financial loss to you replacing pants that could have lasted many years longer.

if you're going to splurge, I'd suggest you shop at Rearz or ABU. But you're going to suffer major withdrawls when the folks get back after you have tasted the good stuff.

Hello I'm new, thought I'll chip in on this discussion.

I've been wearing 24/7 for roughly 6 weeks. The thing is you have to know what you want because wearing 24/7 and persistently wetting your nappies at the slightest urge will make you pretty much dependent on nappies and potentially incontinent, I'm 6 weeks in and have to think about clenching my sphincter muscle to exercise it now and again because I can feel it slipping, I have this urge to pee even when there is nothing in my bladder and I can squeeze little dribbles in my nappy without clenching down. This maximisers the nappies capacity instead of flooding but again I think over time will make you incontinent.

I have three different brand of nappies for different situations;
Tena Flex supers for time when I need to change in difficult circumstances etc not being able to lean against a wall, they fold around the waist with a belt, they are cloth backed but quite bulky.
Molicare Extra when I want discreteness, again cloth backed.
Attends Regular Slip this nappy is my favorite, it's plastic backed, loud and crinkly and bulky, the wetness seeps to the back of the nappy so if you like feeling wet this is the ideal nappy for you.

I'm unsure about nappy rash because I must have tough skin because I've never had it.

I think if you are determined about going 24/7 but only for a little while you must be very very discreet because once it's out you're wearing nappies questions about why you're wearing will follow and you need a good excuse, etc, incontinence reasons. Do you want to define yourself as incontinent?

You don't really define anything with IC , it is the ultimate answer to any question anyone has an interest to ask. I have been IC for 25 years and never had anyone ask a thing about it, it's personal, it's Medical just deal with it, I don't go to extraordinary lengths to hide it but I don't advertise either, if someone did have the nerve to ask a question I would give them so much information it would make there head swim, as it should , because in reality your bathroom habits or need for protection is not open to discussion or interpretation by anyone , like I say deal with it, if your continent good for you but I am not and refuse to be an example or exhibit of any kind for anyone nor do I feel it's anyone's business be it diapers for fun and recreation or a medical problem , they are self explanatory to anyone who was ever a child and I am not going to address a deficient education and gross lack of social skills unless they want to come change me and learn that way , so there is no defining anything be IC or ABDL .

I wouldn't ride on a bike even without a diaper. Something to do with making certain parts of anatomy go numb.

bobbilly said:
Tena Flex supers for time when I need to change in difficult circumstances etc not being able to lean against a wall

you don't actually need a wall to change standing up. Hold the front of the diaper up by pinning it to your body with your forearm. That'll leave your hand free to mess with the tapes while your other arm is completely free to pull up the back of the diaper and position it as necessary.

That's what leather bike shorts and or a really thick diaper do, you also might try a gel seat cover. I used to ride 50 + miles per day without a problem, with just these adjustments. And ditch the standard seat go for something wider and less pointy, prior to these adjustments 1 mile was "numb nuts" followed by pain, afterwards I could ride all day In comfort.

Make 100% sure you know the performance of any nappy you are going to wear to work, before you first use it there. Test for leaks standing, sitting, walking, running. Test for bunching, shifting, sagging, tape failure, odour, chafing, rustle... Know all these parameters and more, under realistic conditions, so that you can just relieve yourself in the nappy when you need without a care in the world. Otherwise you will be continuously distracted and worried and your work or attention will suffer, which could be more noticeable to others than the nappy itself.

As with the advice above, I strongly recommend proper nappies of higher absorbency than you think you need. I doubt Tena Lady Pants will be useful to you, they are for girls and women who generally wee on the toilet but have moderate leaks in their undies. 24/7 means using the nappy in place of a toilet which is a different proposition; after two hours concentrating on a task I would certainly be in danger of discovering I had quite a full bladder and needing to empty it in one go, which would require a decent nappy to absorb safely. Especially during 24/7 you must remain well hydrated so that your urine is dilute and plentiful. Many people habitually drink too little, which can result in increased urine odour and likelihood of UTIs. Do not be tempted to limit your throughput in order to survive with limited nappy capacity. Drink lots, wet lots, change lots. And have fun!

Work and the bike could be trouble. For the first time to try riding, do it around the block late at night where no one can see.
The first time you go to work, try wearing a maxi pad or something like that, and see how you get through the day. You may be so freaking nervous about it that you can't function at work, or it might be fine.
If that works, try something like a goodnight, or other undersized pullup. Don't use it. Just wear it like undies for a few shifts. If that works out, then you can think about using something real.

But you may want to invest in some real nappies. nothing store bought is really going to work out well. Store brand are generally meant for incontinence issues, where things just leak out slowly over time. they can't handle actually releasing your bladder very well.

Foxroxsox said:
But you may want to invest in some real nappies.
This is probably the most important advice in the thread. Remember that wearing something thick might bulge a little bit and maybe be noticed, but leaking will leave 2 very distinct crescent shaped wet patches on your pants that will most definitely be noticed.

Premium diapers really aren't a problem to conceal unless you habitually wear tight pants. I've wear premium diapers under jeans all the time and no one has ever noticed it or even commented about my pants looking weird..

Thank you for all your answers and advice guys! I did well to ask your opinion! :worshippy:
And thank for sharing your experiences

It made me think a lot. Try a full-time wearing is a project that I wanted to achieve since i joined the forums
However I remain rather inexperienced in diaper wearing, I concluded that I should take it slow to start. And above all, take the time to know more diapers brands before I go to outside wearing or work wearing.

But this is something I want to experiment. At the moment i am in a favorable situation:
Right now i have the time and a little money for it, and I ‘m conscious that i will maybe couldn't afford it /allow it in another circonstance. So This is best time to try several models, several wearing terms, to take the time to see how my body reacts and adapts. Although the perspective of having the house all to myself for a month went to my head…:V But I should not let myself carried away and rush it!
For now my maximum wearing time was a day+a night. I must therefore "progress" and learn to know my limits and capacities.

As Paxe said… I must first knowing well the performance of each diaper before wearing to work. And above all I should have to try several different ones to determine which suit me best for this purpose. (And for knowing my own limits and preferences)
For this i ordered several pack-samples from ABDL websites (from my country because i feared they do not arrive in time otherwise :/ ). This is my first big purchase like this, and this will allow me to build my first stash and know many sizes and models to determine what suit me best (and the fact that my folks are away is really an advantage to receive the packages!)

those sample packs offered these models:

medium size:
- 1 crinklz
- 1*Doty the pony
- 1 My diaper animals
- 1 sexy adult diaper
- 1 cuddlz little bears
- 1 cuddlz big bears
- 1 Kiddo

-1 Tena slip Active Fit maxi*
-1 Tena slip active fit plus
-1 Forma-care X-plus
-1 Tena slip original maxi
-1 Tena slip original plus
-1 Abena Abri-form X-Plus
-1 BetterDry M10
-1 ID expert slip super
-1 Diappizz
-1 My diaper white
-1 Abena Abri-let maxi
-1 Abena abri-let anatomic
-1 Molinea pads traversable
-1 ID rectangular normal
-1 Molicare super plus premium
-1 Rearz Inspire+ Medium
-1 Rearz Seduction black*
-1 Kolibri Comslip plus

Small size

-1 Pampers size 6
-1 Rearz safari
-1 Rearz séduction black
-1 Tena active fit
-1 Molicare super plus
-1 Inda slip junior
-1 Forma care
-1 Id rectangular*normal
-1 Abri-let anatomic

(ordered a plastic pant, an onesie and an adult sized pacifier too :p)

There are some other models that I would have wanted to try, not present in the pack, but it seems to me that this is still a good start for a beginner. :smile1:
So for now I will continuously wear at my home or for quick trip by foot. Then according to my feelings, and after learning to know my limits, and knowing what diaper i will select for this use; I will try a first attempt of wearing at work.
I look forward to finding out what will be my favorites diapers, this period will be a nice and fun experience, I'll enjoy it to the max.

thank again for your advice and encouragement!:hug:
(And sorry for the grammar and the conjugation).

I have had accidents so many times outdoors so nowadays I don't go anywhere without plactics pants then I am wearing diapers. I would recommend you to find good fitting plastics pants.
Right now I have pants with too tight rubberbands around my legs, it started to hurt after two days.

I use Attends slip active diapers. With these diapers I feel safe. Diapers which you are able to buy in stores, they are not enough for me and don't feel safe with them.

Sitting anywhere with full diaper, that's not good idea. I have done it a few times and got my pants wet..

- - - Updated - - -

neaendr said:
Thank you for all your answers and advice guys! I did well to ask your opinion! :worshippy:
And thank for sharing your experiences

It made me think a lot. Try a full-time wearing is a project that I wanted to achieve since i joined the forums
However I remain rather inexperienced in diaper wearing, I concluded that I should take it slow to start. And above all, take the time to know more diapers brands before I go to outside wearing or work wearing.

But this is something I want to experiment. At the moment i am in a favorable situation:
Right now i have the time and a little money for it, and I ‘m conscious that i will maybe couldn't afford it /allow it in another circonstance. So This is best time to try several models, several wearing terms, to take the time to see how my body reacts and adapts. Although the perspective of having the house all to myself for a month went to my head…:V But I should not let myself carried away and rush it!
For now my maximum wearing time was a day+a night. I must therefore "progress" and learn to know my limits and capacities.

As Paxe said… I must first knowing well the performance of each diaper before wearing to work. And above all I should have to try several different ones to determine which suit me best for this purpose. (And for knowing my own limits and preferences)
For this i ordered several pack-samples from ABDL websites (from my country because i feared they do not arrive in time otherwise :/ ). This is my first big purchase like this, and this will allow me to build my first stash and know many sizes and models to determine what suit me best (and the fact that my folks are away is really an advantage to receive the packages!)

those sample packs offered these models:

medium size:
- 1 crinklz
- 1*Doty the pony
- 1 My diaper animals
- 1 sexy adult diaper
- 1 cuddlz little bears
- 1 cuddlz big bears
- 1 Kiddo

-1 Tena slip Active Fit maxi*
-1 Tena slip active fit plus
-1 Forma-care X-plus
-1 Tena slip original maxi
-1 Tena slip original plus
-1 Abena Abri-form X-Plus
-1 BetterDry M10
-1 ID expert slip super
-1 Diappizz
-1 My diaper white
-1 Abena Abri-let maxi
-1 Abena abri-let anatomic
-1 Molinea pads traversable
-1 ID rectangular normal
-1 Molicare super plus premium
-1 Rearz Inspire+ Medium
-1 Rearz Seduction black*
-1 Kolibri Comslip plus

Small size

-1 Pampers size 6
-1 Rearz safari
-1 Rearz séduction black
-1 Tena active fit
-1 Molicare super plus
-1 Inda slip junior
-1 Forma care
-1 Id rectangular*normal
-1 Abri-let anatomic

(ordered a plastic pant, an onesie and an adult sized pacifier too :p)

There are some other models that I would have wanted to try, not present in the pack, but it seems to me that this is still a good start for a beginner. :smile1:
So for now I will continuously wear at my home or for quick trip by foot. Then according to my feelings, and after learning to know my limits, and knowing what diaper i will select for this use; I will try a first attempt of wearing at work.
I look forward to finding out what will be my favorites diapers, this period will be a nice and fun experience, I'll enjoy it to the max.

thank again for your advice and encouragement!:hug:
(And sorry for the grammar and the conjugation).

I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun and enjoyable moments. And you will find the best alternative for you. Let us know how it is going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back