Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting frustrated with supermarkets. - Rant.

Default getting frustrated with supermarkets. - Rant.

I occasionally go into my local supermarket to buy just one or two things such as a soda. so here goes my rant.

1. Lines are always full of grandmothers, and people doing there weekly shopping, I'm talking about 6/7 people with trolleys full of items. Great.

So I go to the self serve checkouts, you've got people who can't work out how to swipe there debit / credit cards, or know how to use those things.

(and you've got 5 - 10 people with trollies with there weekly shopping in it holding up the fucking line.)

As a deaf person, cross anywhere in the car park is a chore, having hearing loss makes it a pain, trying to work out if some random is deciding to fucking reverse right as I walk past.

People drive as slow as possible, people walk very slow, you often get stuck behind a old couple, who won't get the fuck out of the way, It's like hurry the hell up, or get out of the way.

Half the time, I just end up putting the item back, and going else where, not waiting in life for a half hour, behind 20 people, with trollies full of there weekly shopping.

Don't get me started on the people who take ten minutes to put a bus ticket in the bus, or holding up the bus by paying in 5 cent coins for some odd reason.

No one every seems to put there indicators on, people reverse at random to re park there cars.

Even my local super market is just as bad, people pushing in lines, kids buying 100 lollies and not making up there minds, I'm standing there with red arms from freezing cold drinks, about to drop them on the ground.

Oh and half the time the self serve section is closed off, so I'm screwed lol.

Last and not least, when crossing the road anywhere really, you wait for 3-5 cars to pass, then just one car passes, but drives really slow, in that time you could of crossed, than another 5-10 cars come.

It's always that one slow driver that makes you end up waiting longer than needed.

Than you've got that odd driver, who just parks in the middle of the fucking road, or the driver who never puts there indicator on, and almost narrowly getting hit by them.

Maybe try going at off times? Most places have a few hours where they are busy and consequently a few hours where they are dead. If you go in the 4pm to 6pm window (i.e. right after work) the place is gonna be busy, but if you go later on in the evening you might have better luck.

We have a grocery store that's open 24 hours here, and as I work weird hours I actually do a lot of my grocery shopping at like 2 in the morning.. it's kind of a zen experience.

Default My advise to you is to slow down

I totally agree. Worst yet, they do all this crap when you're in a hurry and need to be somewhere.

As a nineteen year old, I remember feeling frustrated like this. I was impatient and sometimes angry at that age. As a 65 year old (and probably part of the problem) I accept the fact that there's nothing I can do about it. I've learned to take a deep breath and patiently wait. But I refuse to let it ruin my day.

So my advise to you is to slow down.

Actually in this case, our drivers are quite bad in my city.

Lets say, It's quite common for grandmas to crash into shopping malls, and meth heads using vice grips as a steering wheel.

Half the time while your in the car park, you've got idoits who will just reverse, or drive forward without checking who is in front of them, you have old people stop right in-front of buses.

There is no valid reason for a driver to slow down to 10kms on a 80kms road, doesn't matter if your cross or not, I've had times while I was in the bus, where the same thing happens.

And I also actually meant, there are people who literally stop in the middle of the road to either check there phones, or hold up traffic by putting mail in the red post boxes, instead of driving into the carpark behind it -.-

Even had a drunk driver crash into my front yard at one point, we put the fence up a couple months before, if the fence hadn't of been there, whoever was outside would of got killed.

With the card swiping, I mean people putting there cards literally upside down, not having a slight clue on how to use the thing. (not too often, most of the time it's just them swiping it back to front) I've had times where the magnetic strip wouldn't work. or they put the card back to front into the ATM holding up the line. and it's so god damn obvious that it's been put in wrong.

Most of the people who catch the buses in my area, are regulars going to the same place, after all these years, half the people can't even put the ticket in right, end up wasting the bus drivers time, 5 people doing this in a row, once made me half hour late to an important appointment. you even have people people who just stand in the middle of the bus, holding up the entry, funny thing is the bus made a comment to me saying, fricken hell how hard is it for them to sit down, and I just smiled. (people still don't understand they can move out the way for others).

What I meant with waiting for 3-5 cars to pass is this.

regular traffic flow, 80kms, easy enough, you want to cross, everyone is going 80kms, every now and again, there is that one driver, who drives 5kms for no reason at all, than you waste even more time because by the time they pass, more cars are behind them, which makes you end up waiting longer than needed.

Than you've got that odd foke, who when there order meals, have the most complex orders, just for themselves. (ie 10 chicken nuggets, 5 cheese burgers, 2 without pickles, a head of a goat etc) or they use tons of vouchers grr. or they order odd sounding meals that don't exist, and they mostly heard about it on social media.

The best example I can give is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pwWZ8WKUE0

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...1cc4e6209b57e8

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-1...e-shop/7317140

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226683677029

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...4bcdfada0aa7c2

Half the reason I'm scared to get my licence.

Well, I can't be too bothered by lines. After all, other people have to shop, don't they? My biggest beef is with the people who have a long line of people behind them and decide to dispute the price of some small thing, causing the cashier to have to leave or call for help. Those people suck. If you pick a Pink Lady apple out of the Fuji bin, and it's plainly got the Pink Lady sticker on it, just pay the damned Pink Lady price. Obviously some other customer decided not to buy the apple and put it back in the wrong place, or perhaps the two bins are adjacent and apples from one rolled into the other. Quit punishing your fellow shoppers for your simple mistake! </rant>

I feel your pain. It's not so much the big US grocery stores unless you shop at a really peak time, but the smaller ones where they don't have quite the interest in customer service, even if they do have the staff. Within the last month I was at an Aldi and put my 2 or 3 items down and just walked out. I seem to do that somewhere about once a year.

I've found that the absolute worst place to be is a 24-hour Wal Mart after about 10:30 at night. Around that time their entire system breaks down. Shopping carts litter the parking lot, as they seem to stop retrieving them. While there are 20 registers and at least one self-checkout area, they seem to have only 5 cashiers in the whole store and there can be 15 or more customers in each line. I worked at a discount store in my teens and after college, and we would have the service desk employee, some stock people, and even the manger (cough, cough) jump on register in these situations. Even if there are dozens of employees at the Wal Mart, apparently they trust very few with money or they simply can't be bothered. Once I really wanted to grab a megaphone somewhere and plead with everybody to put down their things and leave, as our actions would certainly reverberate all the way to company upper management...but I suspect my fellow shoppers would just ignore me. On the upside, I once had a nice conversation with two college girls who had just bought a fish and were in need of fish food and other supplies. That made the wait bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBear View Post
    Lets say, It's quite common for grandmas to crash into shopping malls, and meth heads using vice grips as a steering wheel.

Half the time while your in the car park, you've got idoits who will just reverse, or drive forward without checking who is in front of them, you have old people stop right in-front of buses.

There is no valid reason for a driver to slow down to 10kms on a 80kms road, doesn't matter if your cross or not, I've had times while I was in the bus, where the same thing happens.

And I also actually meant, there are people who literally stop in the middle of the road to either check there phones, or hold up traffic by putting mail in the red post boxes, instead of driving into the carpark behind it -.-
    I have a good mate who lives in a rural part of New Zealand. His town installed street lights only within the past 10-15 years. He's listening to a radio call-in show one day, which was apparently about traffic issues, and they put a woman on the air who says she's a world traveler. She's driven in the US, Europe, etc., etc., etc., etc. but says that she was never so frightened than when driving in this little town in her own country. His town.

Than you've got that odd foke, who when there order meals, have the most complex orders, just for themselves. (ie 10 chicken nuggets, 5 cheese burgers, 2 without pickles, a head of a goat etc) or they use tons of vouchers grr. or they order odd sounding meals that don't exist, and they mostly heard about it on social media.
    Sadly, that sounds like my mother, who would always get the McDonalds cashiers hopelessly confused. I recall taking over placing orders myself when I was around 10.
    Last edited by depends4me; 08-Sep-2016 at 20:20.

MarchinBunny

I can agree to everything you listed. Honestly .. it irritates me just as much. However, I tend to actually just deal with it.

I occasionally go into my local supermarket to buy just one or two things such as a soda. so here goes my rant.

1. Lines are always full of grandmothers, and people doing there weekly shopping, I'm talking about 6/7 people with trolleys full of items. Great.

So I go to the self serve checkouts, you've got people who can't work out how to swipe there debit / credit cards, or know how to use those things.

(and you've got 5 - 10 people with trollies with there weekly shopping in it holding up the fucking line.)

As a deaf person, cross anywhere in the car park is a chore, having hearing loss makes it a pain, trying to work out if some random is deciding to fucking reverse right as I walk past.

People drive as slow as possible, people walk very slow, you often get stuck behind a old couple, who won't get the fuck out of the way, It's like hurry the hell up, or get out of the way.

Half the time, I just end up putting the item back, and going else where, not waiting in life for a half hour, behind 20 people, with trollies full of there weekly shopping.

Don't get me started on the people who take ten minutes to put a bus ticket in the bus, or holding up the bus by paying in 5 cent coins for some odd reason.

No one every seems to put there indicators on, people reverse at random to re park there cars.

Even my local super market is just as bad, people pushing in lines, kids buying 100 lollies and not making up there minds, I'm standing there with red arms from freezing cold drinks, about to drop them on the ground.

Oh and half the time the self serve section is closed off, so I'm screwed lol.

Last and not least, when crossing the road anywhere really, you wait for 3-5 cars to pass, then just one car passes, but drives really slow, in that time you could of crossed, than another 5-10 cars come.

It's always that one slow driver that makes you end up waiting longer than needed.

Than you've got that odd driver, who just parks in the middle of the fucking road, or the driver who never puts there indicator on, and almost narrowly getting hit by them.
    As a physically disabled Autistic I experience the same frustrations at either of the 2 "Market Basket" Supermarkets here in Salem, NH.

My pet peeve is ending up behind some darn "bitch" fumbling through 6 to 12 credit/charge/debit cards to find one that the cashier will not flag as "overdrawn".

In my mind I am thinking "HEY BITCH! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY TO PAY FOR IT, YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT!"

Another frustration I have is that I have a 100% legitimate handicapped parking permit tag on my rear-view mirror of my car, but 99% of the time at the Market Basket Supermarkets here in Salem, New Hampshire the handicapped parking spaces are all occupied, meaning I have to crutch all the way from the outside edge of the parking lot to the doors and back.

ARGH!!!!!

I hate grocery shopping for all the same reasons. Tuesday is senior citizens day, meaning if you are 55 or older, you get a few percent off, but I don't shop on Tuesday because of all the old people pottering around. Why do old women have to stare at a can for 15 minutes with the shopping cart in the middle of the isle, blocking off both sides?

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    As a physically disabled Autistic I experience the same frustrations at either of the 2 "Market Basket" Supermarkets here in Salem, NH.

My pet peeve is ending up behind some darn "bitch" fumbling through 6 to 12 credit/charge/debit cards to find one that the cashier will not flag as "overdrawn".

In my mind I am thinking "HEY BITCH! IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY TO PAY FOR IT, YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT!"

Another frustration I have is that I have a 100% legitimate handicapped parking permit tag on my rear-view mirror of my car, but 99% of the time at the Market Basket Supermarkets here in Salem, New Hampshire the handicapped parking spaces are all occupied, meaning I have to crutch all the way from the outside edge of the parking lot to the doors and back.

ARGH!!!!!
    Ah, that's one of my pet peeves too, thanks for reminding me :P

There is always that lady who uses 12 credit cards ahaha, I don't see it happen often, but it's usually in "rush hour".