need information on Pampers Cruiserz size 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funzy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello communities! Right now i was thinking to get pampers cruisers size 7, but i wasnt sure how comfortable and how nice if it will fit me. I have a 27 waist. And i was browsing some thread i notice @cottontail he said pampers cruisers size 7 have gotten smaller. But i wanted to try it out. Can anyone tell if the size chart of pampers cruiser size 7. Not sure if it will fit me or pampers baby dry size 6. Thanks for reading my post!

Funzy said:
Hello communities! Right now i was thinking to get pampers cruisers size 7, but i wasnt sure how comfortable and how nice if it will fit me. I have a 27 waist. And i was browsing some thread i notice @cottontail he said pampers cruisers size 7 have gotten smaller. But i wanted to try it out. Can anyone tell if the size chart of pampers cruiser size 7. Not sure if it will fit me or pampers baby dry size 6. Thanks for reading my post!
And I still say that! :)

But I think the most practical approach to this question is: Go buy a small bag of Pampers Baby Dry 6--available at any grocery store/supermarket --and try them. The experiment will cost $12-15, and then you'll have reached your own conclusion, which in the case of baby diaper "fit", is the only one that really matters.

Cruisers 7 diapers have never been larger than Baby Dry 6. Both diapers were 22" long until this latest revision (sometime this last year). Cruisers 7 are now 21-5/8" long. Cruisers used to have stretchier elastic than the other diapers, but that changed about three years ago. The elastic on Baby Dry is just as good now. Without much trouble, the elastic wings on both diapers can be stretched to 35-36" tape-to-tape, and with care, I've gotten to 41". So I doubt you'll have much trouble with either diaper, but I can't see much point in chasing down Cruisers 7 these days. On top of being (slightly) smaller now, they're also hard to find in stores, and are generally only available in large boxes.

So if you want to try Pampers, try Baby Dry 6. If those are too tight, too short, etc., then I can assure you that Cruisers 7 won't be any better. On the other hand, if Baby Dry 6 works great for you, you'll probably have no trouble with any of the other Pampers/Luvs 6/7 diapers.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:

But I think the most practical approach to this question is: Go buy a small bag of Pampers Baby Dry 6--available at any grocery store/supermarket --and try them. The experiment will cost $12-15, and then you'll have reached your own conclusion, which in the case of baby diaper "fit", is the only one that really matters.

Cruisers 7 diapers have never been larger than Baby Dry 6. Both diapers were 22" long until this latest revision (sometime this last year). Cruisers 7 are now 21-5/8" long. Cruisers used to have stretchier elastic than the other diapers, but that changed about three years ago. The elastic on Baby Dry is just as good now. Without much trouble, the elastic wings on both diapers can be stretched to 35-36" tape-to-tape, and with care, I've gotten to 41". So I doubt you'll have much trouble with either diaper, but I can't see much point in chasing down Cruisers 7 these days. On top of being (slightly) smaller now, they're also hard to find in stores, and are generally only available in large boxes.

So if you want to try Pampers, try Baby Dry 6. If those are too tight, too short, etc., then I can assure you that Cruisers 7 won't be any better. On the other hand, if Baby Dry 6 works great for you, you'll probably have no trouble with any of the other Pampers/Luvs 6/7 diapers.

I second this. But why market a larger size if they are actually smaller? Have you ever measured Cruisers 6?

Anyways - I've used Cruisers 7 before, and they fit tightly on my 34" waist. With 7 inches to spare, I'd have to recommend trying to get the tapes to stretch past the wings (the white bits) so you don't have to worry about those ripping off (which happens easily)

Cottontail said:

Thanks for helping! And i heard that australia pampers baby dry are thicker compare with the us baby dry is it true? So if its likely to be true. Not sure how would i order a Australia pampers baby dry size 6, they could jave given me a us pack or something.

Themanswifesman said:
I second this. But why market a larger size if they are actually smaller? Have you ever measured Cruisers 6?
Yeah, they're 20-3/4" as of my latest measurement, which was done about a month ago, same as for the size 7. And that 20-3/4 measurement hasn't changed in...forever, actually. Of course, store stock lags production, but size 6 is widely available in supermarkets unlike size 7, so I figure that if size 6 was reduced in size as well, I'd have seen it by now.

Swaddlers diapers subscribe to the same whacked sizing scheme as Cruisers, by the way. No idea why they would do that. For Cruisers, I figured it made some sense, as those are the "active toddler" diapers and so a trimmer fit might be desired. Swaddlers, on the other hand... :shrug:

But anyway... So its Baby Dry, Baby Dry Extra Protection, and Luvs subscribing to one sizing scheme, and Cruisers and Swaddlers to another one.

Funzy said:
Thanks for helping! And i heard that australia pampers baby dry are thicker compare with the us baby dry is it true? So if its likely to be true. Not sure how would i order a Australia pampers baby dry size 6, they could jave given me a us pack or something.

No idea! Perhaps an Aussie will chime in. But I'll add that, whenever you buy Pampers or Huggies or some other disposable baby diapers, it's a good idea to remove them from the packaging and put them in a bigger box, a dresser drawer...something else...so that they can breathe a little. Just letting them sit out for a few days will make them a lot thicker. Maybe a little more absorbent, too.

Cottontail said:
Yeah, they're 20-3/4" as of my latest measurement, which was done about a month ago, same as for the size 7. And that 20-3/4 measurement hasn't changed in...forever, actually. Of course, store stock lags production, but size 6 is widely available in supermarkets unlike size 7, so I figure that if size 6 was reduced in size as well, I'd have seen it by now.

Swaddlers diapers subscribe to the same whacked sizing scheme as Cruisers, by the way. No idea why they would do that. For Cruisers, I figured it made some sense, as those are the "active toddler" diapers and so a trimmer fit might be desired. Swaddlers, on the other hand... :shrug:

But anyway... So its Baby Dry, Baby Dry Extra Protection, and Luvs subscribing to one sizing scheme, and Cruisers and Swaddlers to another one.

No idea! Perhaps an Aussie will chime in. But I'll add that, whenever you buy Pampers or Huggies or some other disposable baby diapers, it's a good idea to remove them from the packaging and put them in a bigger box, a dresser drawer...something else...so that they can breathe a little. Just letting them sit out for a few days will make them a lot thicker. Maybe a little more absorbent, too.

So you will recommend pampers baby dry size 6? I appreciate for your help for clearing my unknown questions!

Funzy said:
So you will recommend pampers baby dry size 6? I appreciate for your help for clearing my unknown questions!

Well, as I said up above:

Cottontail said:

But I won't promise anything. Even with your enviably small waist you're no toddler, so none of these diapers will fit you (or any of us) quite like they're meant to. They'll be pretty snug and will probably ride lower than your usual undies would. And the absorbency may (will!) leave something to be desired. You'll have to decide whether those downsides are offset by the novelty of wearing an actual baby diaper.

Cottontail said:
Well, as I said up above:

But I won't promise anything. Even with your enviably small waist you're no toddler, so none of these diapers will fit you (or any of us) quite like they're meant to. They'll be pretty snug and will probably ride lower than your usual undies would. And the absorbency may (will!) leave something to be desired. You'll have to decide whether those downsides are offset by the novelty of wearing an actual baby diaper.

Im ion singapore, any websites u would recommend? That also can do self collection

Funzy said:
Im ion singapore, any websites u would recommend? That also can do self collection
Oh, I see. 'fraid not! I mean, I'm sure there are some that would work for you, but I'd just be Googling for them. I don't buy baby diapers online--unless they're vintage. The current stuff is just so available that I usually just pick up my Pampers along with my groceries. :)

Last edited:
I'm 36" and I've never been able to tape a baby diaper on by itself. Ither the tapes rip completely off the diaper in the back or they get so thin and just break in half. I managed to package tape the rest of the way, like 4" on each side of me, a but unconformable, but they were "On".
I only use these as a way to escape from having to go downstairs in the toxic smoke to use the bathroom. Goodnites or ABU's work just fine for me when I want to be diapered in some fashion.

I wear pampers cruisers size 7 as well. They can fit my 27-28 inch waist fine hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back