Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit the road jack , only your brother deserves your company
Get out before you hurt your farther and get locked up for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't let your dad have that power over you , don't surrender any of your hopes and dreams and cartainly not your life, having a toxic family is incredibly hard I came from one myself , I get it but you are so much more than the family you are born into, expand your definition of family to those that actually care about you and treat you with the love and respect you deserve, cut off those that try to drag you down you don't need it or deserve it, no matter what you do you will never improve these kind of people so just get your distance from them, let them be miserable to each other but don't accept it or tolerate it , the longer you try to make it work or tolerate it , the more hurt they will cause which will result in more years of therapy to get the toxic crap out of you, I was like stupid puppy for years and kept going back to them giving them chance after chance only to have the same outcome they would kick me in the head, you don't get to choose the family you are born into however you do get to choose going forward who you let influence you and be in your life, you have struggled enough with these people for one lifetime . Get out and stay out, concentrate your efforts into stabilizing your life and living it is worth your effort , they are not .

In my family I went from daddy's little boy , to the devil incarnate just after my sixth birthday, at 7 I had to run away and live under a table in the only 24 hour laundromat in town and wash dishes under the table at an Italian restaurant to get money and food , my Mom loved her children but she was had very bad epilepsy and chemical sensitivities so she spent a lot of time not seeing what dad was doing to his kids , I always made sure to go and see her when he wasn't around and made the mistake of going home to live at around 11 because Mom was so sick the situation was tenuous at best , at worst it devolved into my father shooting my Mom to death and nearly killing me , and then I spent along time dealing with survivors guilt ( as in 25 years of my life ) , I found a real family that loved me by accident , when I was sent to an orphanage upstate which for me was very transformative the woman who was the head Psychologist there adopted me .I tried having a relationship time and again with my biologic family and never got anything but more grief because of my father's actions.

It's not easy being temporarily homeless, but it's a damned site better than staying in unhealthy family and getting more abused. Every effort you put into getting yourself stabilized and resettled will pay off real dividends for your future. I know it will not be easy and it may not be immediately,but work at it everyday even little changes add up over time, and try to not internalize any more hurt, contrary to what you may feel like now, you are not on this earth to suffer.

You need to love yourself and care about yourself before others will. Yes it may sound kinda like a pep talk but it's not , it's putting the past in the past and leaving it there that makes you strong, the hurt will always be there, managing it keeps it from controlling the decisions you make,learn to be proactive and not reactive by getting away from these kind of people and keeping a safe and sane distance from them.

Here's to a brighter future, that you make and control.

Be better to yourself than they have been, let us know how and were you are,and if you come back to Pennsylvania make sure someone you can trust knows your in transit and when you expect to arrive. If nothing else brings you comfort come here, you are cared about here !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

As much as it may pain you, I think you'll need to play the game. You don't want your dad throwing you out again. Toss out the diapers if it comes to that. You can get more. If your stepmother wants you to see a psychologist, agree as long as they're paying the bill. The end result will likely be the psychologist stating that you're not doing anything wrong and that your stressful home life (i.e. your dad and stepmother) is only adding to your need for AB/little stuff. A civilized man can survive anywhere. Survive in Georgia until you have the money to make a fresh start.

That's two to leave (asap?) and one to stick it out for now. Dragon, I don't want you in that household a moment longer than necessary, but am concerned that making yourself homeless (as last time there apparently wasn't a local shelter easily able to accommodate you) isn't going to improve your ability to quickly return to Pennsylvania. I think there's a strong benefit to having a roof over your head, a warm bed, and unrestricted access to bathroom and kitchen facilities. I don't know what kind of crap you deal with at home on a daily basis, so you'll ultimately need to make the decision for yourself, but try to plan and not act impulsively.

Starrunner said:
I'm sorry to hear the latest development. My own feeling is that there is a very high risk of violence and that someone could get seriously hurt. You should get out as soon as possible, even if it means crashing at a friend's place or resorting temporarily to a shelter. Your father has attacked you with a chair and gone through your personal belongings. The longer you remain there, the more you are risking your safety and increasing the likelihood of a violent incident for which either you or your father could be charged. It's not worth the risk.

I do think it's best to get out of there as soon as possible for your physical and mental health and safety.

I agree with you 100% on leaving ASAP so I am looking for a room for a one bedroom apartment or studio whichever fits my budget but there isn't very many close by to my job but I will k33p l00k1ng ar0und until I each my ultimate goal to move back to pennsylvania mabe return in style with a Kawasaki ninja 636 Zx6r motorcycle as things can be relpac3d so I have been taking some thing to the local goodwill preparing for the long haul
I agree with you 100% on leaving ASAP

A lot of people forget that there are still YMCA'S around that will give you a cheap clean place to stay as well as hostels, with them all you need is a sheet blanket and pillowcase and like a dollar per night, yeah it's not luxurious but it's safe clean and warm, I took a trip riding all around Massachusetts and Cape cod for a summer and stayed at hostels , one was an old lighthouse and another was an old coast Guard station and some where people's homes you stayed with families that were really nice , lived off my bike and just carried the essentials, many Americans don't even know they exist, whereas across the pond they are super prevalent. Just look on the net for American youth hostel's, don't worry about the word youth all ages are Welcome! That was the best 4 months of my able bodied life!

Tetra said:
A lot of people forget that there are still YMCA'S around that will give you a cheap clean place to stay as well as hostels, with them all you need is a sheet blanket and pillowcase and like a dollar per night, yeah it's not luxurious but it's safe clean and warm, I took a trip riding all around Massachusetts and Cape cod for a summer and stayed at hostels , one was an old lighthouse and another was an old coast Guard station and some where people's homes you stayed with families that were really nice , lived off my bike and just carried the essentials, many Americans don't even know they exist, whereas across the pond they are super prevalent. Just look on the net for American youth hostel's, don't worry about the word youth all ages are Welcome! That was the best 4 months of my able bodied life!

I thought about living off a motorcycle as-well but I said to myself what if it rains and what will I do for heat when it gets cold out side and will my bike be safe throughout the night then again I love the idea of being married to a motorcycle i just need to get one first I have my drivers license and my motorcycle license just need insurance and the motorcycle

I found a place online and that is within my budget I'm still saving up so i can move in and its not far from where I work and I can already afford the rent but i need to come up with the security deposit and application fee the rent for the studio is $585 heres some info on it
/
Sign In
Laurel Glen
CoStar Verified ®
4191 Lake Acworth Dr, Acworth, GA 30101

Elon Property Management
Studio $585 1 Bedroom $685 2 Bedroom Call for Rent
844-661-6134

First Name *

Last Name *

Email Address *

Phone Number

11/01/2016

Email me listings and apartment related info. Contact Property
9 Images
All

Studio

1 Bedroom

2 Bedrooms
Studio 1 Bath $585 288 Sq Ft Studio Available Now View Model
1 Bed 1 Bath $685 576 Sq Ft 1BR/1BA Oct 31 View Model
2 Beds 1 Bath Call for Rent 864 Sq Ft 2BR/1BA Available Soon View Model
2 Beds 2 Baths Call for Rent 864 Sq Ft 2BR/2BA Available Soon View Model
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.
Additional Apartment Expenses

One Time Expenses
$350Admin Fee
$40Application Fee

nothing set in stone yet I would like to find some place that doesn't have a high Admin Fee I will keep looking on craigslist for rooms for rent as well as 1 bedroom apartments

Starrunner said:
The rents look pretty good for the ones you've found.. Is there any chance of a small loan or someone helping you out financially for a rent deposit? Also, check to see if the admin fee is legal. It seems to be excessive considering the landlord is already charging application fees. Georgia law seems a little biased towards the landlord in what it will allow the landlord to charge a prospective tenant. I probably wouldn't haggle over the fees too much if everything else about the tenancy is working out or your application could end up being denied. But you can check with a legal advisor after securing the place on how to reclaim any money overcharged to you if that turns out to be the case.

Here's an excerpt from the Georgia Landlord Tenant Handbook about what landlords can charge:

In addition to the security deposit, the landlord may require an application fee, cleaning
fee, pet deposit, advance rent deposit, or other fees. Before paying any of these deposits or fees,
a tenant should get in writing what the payment is for and under what terms the payment will be
refunded. Pet deposits and advance rent deposits, which are refundable under the lease, are
considered part of a security deposit under the Georgia law. Application fees or deposits to hold
an apartment until you actually sign a lease are not considered security deposits and are usually
not refundable, should you choose not to move into the unit. You should ask if the holding
deposit or application fee will be applied to your first month’s rent or security deposit if you sign
a lease and move in. Always get a receipt for any deposit or fee that you pay. If the fee is
refundable, ask the landlord to put this information on the receipt.

It's really important to be sure that you want the place if you're going to put a deposit down on it. If you change your mind afterwards the landlord will likely be able to keep the deposit, so you'll either be forced to take the place or lose the deposit.

The entire handbook can be found on this link and should be kept for future reference.

https://www.dca.ga.gov/housing/Hous...ownloads/Georgia_Landlord_Tenant_Handbook.pdf

I don't think I am going to negotiate the fees but I will make sure that I get everything in writing before I put a deposit on the place I also need transportation I love motorcycles so I thinking of buying one first then renting out a place then getting a Ford F150 and a ramp for loading and unloading the motorcycle or mabe if I had a van I could just live out of that and park it at a public playground for the night going back and forth to work and so on I will have to make some modifications to the van just in the inside and install cameras all around the van for safety and tear out the front passenger seat to make room for a motorcycle and install vents in the roof to get rid of the motorcycle smell and build a counter top and sink with a 7 gallon container for washing dishes and stuff of that nature and I will have to build a fold away bed on the side wall and install a TV mount on the back door and put solar panels on the roof of the van for all my electronic devices and some containers for storing food items and another 7 gallon container for drinking water I know it taking it to the extreme a little bit but it's still a option And I can work on the van on the go please let me know your thoughts on this

Don't forget a transverter to convert the 12 volt to 120 so you can run a microwave or an iron for clothes, on the solar panels if you are handy with a soldering iron you can buy broken ones for dirt cheap fix them and they pay for themselves, you would also be smart to add a sealed AGM second battery .

I've never lived the lifestyle so may be the wrong person to offer advice...but with a van, what would you do for bathing, refrigeration/freezing, and what if you wanted to bring a date home? If you could find something already modified or if you lived in southern California near the beach and they hadn't disconnected public showers, that might be okay for the short term. Over the long term I think you should aim higher. If you're otherwise happy in Georgia, I say go for the apartment and the motorcycle. When gas prices got really high a few years ago, I'd considered two-wheel transportation...but then recalled some fatigued head-bobs while driving a four-wheeled vehicle and am not sure I'd trust myself, lol.

BTW, you sound really handy with vehicles. Your profile says you work at a restaurant. Have you tried getting a job at a garage or somewhere related?

depends4me said:
I've never lived the lifestyle so may be the wrong person to offer advice...but with a van, what would you do for bathing, refrigeration/freezing, and what if you wanted to bring a date home? If you could find something already modified or if you lived in southern California near the beach and they hadn't disconnected public showers, that might be okay for the short term. Over the long term I think you should aim higher. If you're otherwise happy in Georgia, I say go for the apartment and the motorcycle. When gas prices got really high a few years ago, I'd considered two-wheel transportation...but then recalled some fatigued head-bobs while driving a four-wheeled vehicle and am not sure I'd trust myself, lol.

BTW, you sound really handy with vehicles. Your profile says you work at a restaurant. Have you tried getting a job at a garage or somewhere related?

I would go for non perishable foods and for the showering part I will have running water that drains out underneath the van I dont know about cars an trucks but I do have some small engine repair skills like rebuilding carburetors - replacing broken fuel lines - sharpening lawnmower blades and bypassing the primer bulb by removing the spark plug from the cylinder and spraying gumout starting fluid directly into the cylinder and putting the spark plug back into place but still have a long way to go before I would feel comfortable working on someones lawn care equipment as for cars I don't know anything about them except how to drive them unless I can come across a youtube channel that has the information I need to do the job but the whole idea of creating this van came from cyclecruza https://youtu.be/kp59Nkk7Asw?list=PLo0f05WTTEJkDCnXsxN8raTuxuclVh3PR

https://youtu.be/NXPwck_WcvE?list=PLo0f05WTTEJkDCnXsxN8raTuxuclVh3PR

https://youtu.be/pcZR7bqqoWw?list=PLo0f05WTTEJkDCnXsxN8raTuxuclVh3PR

https://youtu.be/VRFYFsW0t9I?list=PLo0f05WTTEJkDCnXsxN8raTuxuclVh3PR

https://youtu.be/M_mUF5D0_us?list=PLo0f05WTTEJkDCnXsxN8raTuxuclVh3PR

https://youtu.be/HgMyfncvSfY?list=PLo0f05WTTEJkDCnXsxN8raTuxuclVh3PR

That's some slick solar instalation,very cool !

I wonder if solar panels come with an instruction manual for proper installation

If not I have a friend who installs them and we can get the 411 from him if you go that Route!

He also told me that going for something like 48 volts and down regulating it is cheaper to do and a better system!

He has his whole place wired so he can turn off the main breaker and run completely solar.

Is he in the Georgia Woodstock area because it so I would like to ask him to install my solar panels when I get the van if they don't have instructions I like Cycle Cruza's setup and want one to match

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back