Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help me please

Default Help me please

I am homeless and my dad doesn't even care so I called my mom and she doesn't think I need to move back to Pennsylvania from Georgia and that leaves me out in the middle of nowhere because my dad and I cannot live under the same roof and to make a long story short I am the only one that he targets whenever something goes wrong at his house matter what I do it's never good enough please if there is anyone in Georgia Woodstock area please help long enough for me to get back on my feet and I do have a job and I'm on SSI so I do have 2 sources of income so I can somewhat support myself

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I don't live in Georgia but maybe someone will respond. It's also possible that your dad will relent and take you back.

I know this is a less than ideal solution but I'm attaching two links for emergency housing and shelters in the Woodstock area. They are broken down by area and criteria. If you don't have someone to crash with, then please consider calling one of the emergency housing providers as soon as possible. They can put you up temporarily until you get back on your feet again.

http://www.suntopia.org/woodstock/ga...s_shelters.php

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory....stock&state=GA
    Last edited by Starrunner; 08-Sep-2016 at 14:09.

I'm glad someone is responding to this thread with resources.

I would want someone to help me if i was in this situation

I was looking for websites for rooms for rent and found a few. Damn, it's expensive in Georgia, but there's some that are in a reasonable price range.

http://apartments.oodle.com/woodstock-ga/roommates/

https://woodstock.claz.org/classifie...s?q=craigslist

Thank you all very much for replying to my thread it means alot to me in my current situation

Good luck. I'm sorry I can't help with practical advice, but I hope you get sorted soon.

Since you have a source of income I strongly suggest getting a gym membership at a 24/7 gym. That way you can go in at all hours, use the lockers for storage, and take advantage of the showers and clean running water. Not only that, but spend the extra time exercising and watching the televisions there. It's expensive, but cheaper than rent. A storage unit and PO box is also recommended but not necessary.

Then I'd suggest buying a tent, fishing pole + tackle if you live near a water source, and camping gear and alternating camping spots at night. Preferably some with electricity and water taps. Don't stay in one spot for too many days as you may arise suspicion.

Items I'd suggest:
    (can be bought at most supermarkets inexpensively at stores such as Walmart)

Tent
    Sleeping cot
    Solar powered charger
    A good backpack / duffel bag
    flint and steel / matches / lighter
    fishing pole + tackle (if near water source)
    ramen noodles or other cheap food source
    a couple small pans
    hunting knife
    axe
    plastic utensils (they can be washed and reused)
    Foam plates (wash and reuse)
    Deodorant, razors and other personal hygiene items (A MUST for keeping a job)

You'd technically be homeless, but you can live semi-comfortably without needing to share crowded and dirty conditions at a homeless shelter or at other places like under highway bridges, alleyways, etc.
    If you do this for a couple months you'll be able to save up enough of your income to rent a small inexpensive apartment. This is a last resort though.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon123 View Post
    Thank you all very much for replying to my thread it means alot to me in my current situation
    I hope you're okay and that you had a place to stay last night. Perhaps we could be of better assistance and more options if we had some details about the current situation. The term "homeless" can mean several things such as couch surfing, staying at a shelter or sleeping on the street. Do you have a friend that you're crashing with temporarily? Where did you sleep last night? I can imagine you're pretty traumatized by the recent events leading up to this and we want to support you through that as well. Feel free to vent about it and tell us what happened at home that led to this transition. It may also help us to give you more help.

I recall your previous posts, dragon123, and I know you experienced a lot of problems at home with your family and that you were not happy living there. It was seriously affecting your mental health and self esteem. I know you're in shock right now because of the recent events (understandably), and the way it happened is terrible, but staying in a toxic home environment is more harmful to your health in the long run. When you get stable, settled, and on your feet again, you will be better off for having left a home where you were very unhappy and unable to move forward in life.

Life is filled with transitions. Some are easier than others. It's how we face those transitions and move on that teaches us to grow and become better, stronger people. Just take it one day at a time for now and focus on your immediate need of securing housing. The rest will come in time.

We're thinking of you.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 10-Sep-2016 at 01:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepies View Post
    Since you have a source of income I strongly suggest getting a gym membership at a 24/7 gym. That way you can go in at all hours, use the lockers for storage, and take advantage of the showers and clean running water. Not only that, but spend the extra time exercising and watching the televisions there. It's expensive, but cheaper than rent. A storage unit and PO box is also recommended but not necessary.

Then I'd suggest buying a tent, fishing pole + tackle if you live near a water source, and camping gear and alternating camping spots at night. Preferably some with electricity and water taps. Don't stay in one spot for too many days as you may arise suspicion.

Items I'd suggest:
    (can be bought at most supermarkets inexpensively at stores such as Walmart)

Tent
    Sleeping cot
    Solar powered charger
    A good backpack / duffel bag
    flint and steel / matches / lighter
    fishing pole + tackle (if near water source)
    ramen noodles or other cheap food source
    a couple small pans
    hunting knife
    axe
    plastic utensils (they can be washed and reused)
    Foam plates (wash and reuse)
    Deodorant, razors and other personal hygiene items (A MUST for keeping a job)

You'd technically be homeless, but you can live semi-comfortably without needing to share crowded and dirty conditions at a homeless shelter or at other places like under highway bridges, alleyways, etc.
    If you do this for a couple months you'll be able to save up enough of your income to rent a small inexpensive apartment. This is a last resort though.
    I know in my state you do need to buy a license to fish. There may also be limits on how many fish you can keep.