Anyone alse ever re-use wet diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify a few things:
1. I believe there is a big difference between taking a lightly used diaper off, leaving it folded over and reusing it a few hours later than putting it back on say at the end of the day or even longer. That could get real stinky and the smell test is a good indication there may be bad things going on in there.
2. I know I have worn premium diapers like a Dry 24/7 for 20 hours or so straight when driving cross country. Yes, you can start smelling it. Yes it likely is building up bacteria, this not just from oxygen (which does get into a diaper when wearing), but more from the sweat that builds up from extended wearing. Mix that with urine and it can really stink. That is likely much higher in bacteria than just urine that sat a few hours off in a lightly used diaper.
3. As pointed out in 2 above, I don't believe any diaper is really air tight. This notion air hitting the diaper is worse than just wearing a diaper straight for longer periods of time. Diapers are designed to be a liquid barrier, not air tight. In any case, good hygiene (like bathing well before wearing for extended periods) is far more important to your body for most than the chance of getting a rash or infection from taking off and reusing a lightly wet diaper.
But hey, everyone is different. You know your body better than I do, but there just seems to be a lot of weird scientific ideas flowing out there that may not be as accurate as stated.

Crinklebuttt said:
Sometimes my diaper will only be a little wet when I have to leave for work. When I get home I will put it back on for a #1&2 before I take a shower so I get max usage from each diaper. Damn things are expensive, wish they grew on trees.

I've read many many posts over the years (on this and other sites) in which people complain about the cost of nappies/diapers. Personally, I don't agree. Whether you call your penchant for nappies a fetish, a hobby, an addiction or whatever, compared to some other things that come into any of those categories, they can be relatively cheap.

For example compare it to smoking. How much is the evil weed these days? Even as a non smoker I know that even the cheap brands cost in UK around £7.00 per pack; I reckon most smokers do a pack a day, so that's gonna cost in the region of £50 per seek. I can get a pack of 28 nappies (which would normally last at least a week) for £20. I know which I'd rather spend! And wearing nappies is unlikely to kill you - a pack of cigarettes a day almost certainly will!

Really only for the more expensive ones.
It doesn't feel right to get minimal use out of a diaper that cost alot of money.

It happens once in a while to me when I needed to change in the evening and that I go to bed not long after. If I had a small accident, I may get into a new one for bedtime to make sure I won't get any leaks, and then I'll get back into the slightly used one the day after.
Or this can happen too to change into a fresh one before going out, and then getting back in the previous one when coming back.
But maybe that's not a good idea from what I read in this thread...

I usually dont reuse wet diapers but If i wake up in a dry goodnites in the morning, I might keep them and reuse them the following night as they are still clean and dry :)

I never waste a good nappy and always reuse until soaked.

I the microwave for once I hope this person has an old lame 800 watt one in a back closet, I would hate to think of making my coffee in that one made molicare for dinner and maxwell house for breakfast, " good to the last drop" in some other life maybe.

Put in a Abu space on high and pull out a small Huggins when you remember it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I would think logic would dictate experimenting with the time one were to "warm" up said diaper. 20-25 seconds is all it needs, unless it is a weak one. There is no shrinking or melting of the diaper in that time frame. By the way, if you ever heat up left over food, say a fish dinner or most Italian food, you likely will get a lingering scent in the air for a minute or so. Leave the microwave open for about one minute after use and the scent disapates (the leftovers). You would likely do that anyway before heating up your coffee. A warm diaper barely has much scent, if plastic backed and folded neatly. I would also recommend a little spray cleaner and wipe down after use just for good hygiene and sanitary measure when dealing with such practices. These things should be as obvious as cleaning yourself well after changing out of a used diaper.

I was being sarcastic , after all none of us have any padded problems getting in the "human size microwaves" they call scanners at the airport, what gets me is diapers in the micro are fine , but not the containers from my favorite Chinese takeout around the corner they melt, then again when I first got into home care years ago they had an electric wipes and diaper warmer and I have been in ICU and gotten warmed fluids blankets and diapers, kinda standard for bad hypothermia and other times I have gotten chilled diapers ( for malignant hyperthermia) so they have made Medical warmers and chillers on an industrial scale for diapers for years so us pressing our microwaves seems like a natural evolution of technology use.And I did hear stories about a year ago about certain SAP that while not holding a bodily fluid had been dried in an oven of some kind and reused, much like desiccant packets that can be dried and reused in a 125 degree oven for 15 minutes .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have but only if it's only a little wet, or if I took it off for some reason only a few moments ago (like if someone wanted to talk with me and it was an obvious diaper so I changed out of it for the duration of the conversation and changed back into it) Or if I've wet and it's not really that soggy/surface wetness and it's been less than an hour to at most maybe 4 or 5 hours? It really depends. I've never put messy diapers back on though, those get tossed as soon as they're used. The wet ones however go into a bag that I take out to the trash every other day. (Have to be sneaky because parents.) So sometimes if a diaper is only mildly wet or worn out but dry or so on and so forth I'll put it back on if its still got life in it. Or if I want to wear and not wet and its just a worn out dry one.

Well I got plenty of diapers, but it's not that why I re-use wet ones....

Not just to get to saturation point but also because it's an extreme turn on sometimes(depends if I'm horny at the time).

I wouldn't re-wear a messy one though, but I rarelly mess though in diapers.

So this morning I was going through my usual routine and I became curious if my habit was unique, although I doubt it is. Every morning I'm usually wet when I wake up. I usually use Abena M-4's or NorthShore Supremes as my overnight. A few nights a week are lighter/more dry than others.

On the drier mornings, if my diaper is only damp or maybe up to 1/3 used (just the area between the legs maybe) I will shimmy out of the diaper, fold it up like a pair of underwear and store it in the bathroom. First thing I do when I get home from school is I'll change out of my daytime protection and back into the damp overnight after sprinkling baby powder in it (it helps when shimmying back into it and removes any feeling of dampness). At this point it'll probably only last an hour or two more as my bladder will usually release when I get home when my Diet Coke habit catches up to me.

I know some people may find it a bit dirty, but I never have for some reason? I grew up wetting the bed with only a plastic sheet for protection. I guess after growing up like that all the way into mid/late teens (waking up in my own urine, cold and wet) I have no misgivings about putting back on a slightly damp diaper.

ladyofshadows said:
I've read many many posts over the years (on this and other sites) in which people complain about the cost of nappies/diapers. Personally, I don't agree. Whether you call your penchant for nappies a fetish, a hobby, an addiction or whatever, compared to some other things that come into any of those categories, they can be relatively cheap.

For example compare it to smoking. How much is the evil weed these days? Even as a non smoker I know that even the cheap brands cost in UK around £7.00 per pack; I reckon most smokers do a pack a day, so that's gonna cost in the region of £50 per seek. I can get a pack of 28 nappies (which would normally last at least a week) for £20. I know which I'd rather spend! And wearing nappies is unlikely to kill you - a pack of cigarettes a day almost certainly will!

------------

That's my point, exactly! I've said the same for years. Thanks for re-issuing that perspective and maybe a few will take note. Millennials, are you listening?

I've never taken an extremely wet one off and left if for an extended period of time then worn it again. But I have on occasion just had one on for the sheer hell of it, like for an hour or so before going to work, and I've perhaps used it ever so lightly, like relaxing my muscles for a count of ten and seeing how long I go without leaking, then experiencing said leak, (or squirt or dribble) and not going any further due to lack of time. Then I'll have no issues with putting it away with its tiny wet spot in it, then putting it back on after work. Never done it with a really wet one though.
If I'm wearing for a while, and I've perhaps wet it once, but I know it'll hold more, I've had occasions where I've needed to poop, but haven't wanted to use my diaper, so I've sat on the toilet for that, then continued to wear the same diaper as before so I can use it to its capacity.
If I've wet a bit while standing, and the back of it's still dry, I'll take it off and reverse it, to get maximum use out of it.

For the record, I use Molicare Mobility pull ups, not tape ons. I've done it with Depends as well, both the real fit underpants and the button up diaper style.

I actually rather enjoy putting on a wet previously used diaper. I won't keep a used one around over night (the wife might find it...), but I have frequently taken a wet one off and set is aside. An hour or two later it feels very nice to put it back on!

Today I put on my diaper around 7:30am. Had a couple of good wettings. Took it off at 9:30am to go for a bicycle ride. Got back an hour later, changed out of biking clothes and put the wet one back on. It was good for a couple more good wettings before I took it off around 1:00pm. Definitely got my full use out of it.

I sometimes don't want to waste my slightly peed diaper from the night before, so I put it on the next night. I have even put it in the microwave to heat it up a bit before putting it back on.

One time I did that. Like, really old diapers I put on. It was awful, cold, and extremely unpleasant. I thought i'd be nice to add my warm urine to the diaper but instead I got a really really bad infection, and got very cold and unhappy.

Even though the idea sounds not bad the fear of infection, plus the gross feel of a not-clean diaper will probably keep my away from this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back