Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament Brackets!

Default NCAA Tournament Brackets!

So....I've noticed that so far there hasn't been any conversation about the college basketball season on ADISC, though I've also noticed that's true with most sports. But, there was some discussion about the Super Bowl when it came around, and quite a few people started talking about it.

So, I'm hoping that there are some college basketball fans like me who want to talk about it some, because to me this is the best time of the year for sports...nothing beats the NCAA tournament.

(I'm a huge Duke fan, by the way, having gone there, but even though I pull for them, I still try to look at all of the games in an objective way when picking winners).

It's an interesting bracket and I think the right teams got in and the seeding was fair. I'm still thinking through my predictions, though....

I think it will be UNC and Louisville in the championship, though I don't know who to pick for the winner.

The East region is really tough, and I don't know if Pitt can win it. I also think Memphis might have a good chance to take out UConn.

Anyway...hopefully everyone's not looking at me right now having no idea what I'm talking about. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts about all of it.

Being a life long NC State fan I will be pulling for everyone except UNC. The Wolfpack did not make it to the show this year so I will be pulling for Duke out of the ACC. But over all look out for Memphis and Louisville.

Go Buckeyes! Even if they weren't the Big Ten Champs.

ani

It's like 1985 again. That year 3 of the 4 final four teams were from the Big East - St Johns, G'town, and Villanova. Memphis could definitely go deep. The irony is that Memphis was the fourth final 4 team in 1985, at that time known as Memphis State. UCONN has the talent but may be lacking the momentum right now. Probably the most momentum has to go to L'ville. I think UNC will be lucky to get to the Final Four - particularly if you factor in injuries. Pitt is a tough team and has the mentality to win it all. They stumbled in the BE tourney but are normally very consistent. I don't see Duke going much further than the Final 8. Fairly confident in saying that the Big Ten, inclusive of Mich St, or SEC will not have any serious contenders. Oklahoma could pull it off. My probably front runners are L'ville, Oklahoma, UCONN, and Pitt.

I actually really like Michigan State in their bracket. They have a pretty easy road to the Elite 8, being as they beat Kansas by quite a few earlier in the season. And, after that, they face off against of the, IMO, weaker number 1 overall seeds in recent memory. I think this might be the year Tom Izzo gets back to the Final Four.

I have Memphis going all the way. I think it should be close, though. I have them beating LSU in the finals, I'm hoping for an upset there.

I'm a LSU fan. Pre season LSU wasn't even considered to make the tourney. But after a great year under a new coach, Trent Johnson, they got an invitation to the Dance. They are in the South Region and I will be pulling for them every game they play.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

If the Tigers don't make it to the Final Four I think that the big game will be between Louisville and North Carolina. If that happens I predict North Carolina to take the championship back to Chapel Hill.

ABKY....!!

What I love so much about the NCAA tournament is that it's so unpredictable...none of us really knows what's going to happen. A team that one of us thinks is going to the Final Four could lose in the second (or maybe even first) round. Even in this topic everyone is thinking different things. And that's what makes it so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PulcherAnimus
    It's like 1985 again. That year 3 of the 4 final four teams were from the Big East - St Johns, G'town, and Villanova. Memphis could definitely go deep. The irony is that Memphis was the fourth final 4 team in 1985, at that time known as Memphis State. UCONN has the talent but may be lacking the momentum right now. Probably the most momentum has to go to L'ville. I think UNC will be lucky to get to the Final Four - particularly if you factor in injuries. Pitt is a tough team and has the mentality to win it all. They stumbled in the BE tourney but are normally very consistent. I don't see Duke going much further than the Final 8. Fairly confident in saying that the Big Ten, inclusive of Mich St, or SEC will not have any serious contenders. Oklahoma could pull it off. My probably front runners are L'ville, Oklahoma, UCONN, and Pitt.
    Very interesting post. I think the problem I have with UConn is that they haven't one a big game since they lost Jerome Dyson. I have Purdue upsetting them in the Sweet 16 and Memphis going to the Final Four.

I agree about Duke...I have Nova beating them in the Sweet 16.

The SEC clearly has nobody serious, unless Tennessee or LSU can pull off a major upset in the 2nd round. The Pac 10 also doesn't have much, unless Washington has a crazy run in them. The Big Ten is the mystery league to me...if Mich St's health isn't an issue, they may do well, but I think Louisville is too good. I also think Purdue may have a run in them.

I don't know if Pitt can break their curse...they haven't made it past the Sweet 16 in forever. I think Nova takes them out in the Elite 8.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster
    I actually really like Michigan State in their bracket. They have a pretty easy road to the Elite 8, being as they beat Kansas by quite a few earlier in the season. And, after that, they face off against of the, IMO, weaker number 1 overall seeds in recent memory. I think this might be the year Tom Izzo gets back to the Final Four.
    Like I mentioned, the big issue with MSU is their health and chemistry because of it. I have them going to the Elite 8 but losing to Louisville. However, if MSU makes it to the Final Four, that's a huge advantage for them being in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenDiaperLover
    I have Memphis going all the way. I think it should be close, though. I have them beating LSU in the finals, I'm hoping for an upset there
    I agree with Memphis, but are you sure you mean LSU? LSU would have to beat UNC, maybe Gonzaga, either Syracuse or Oklahoma most likely, and then probably Duke, Pitt or Villanova to make the title game. Given that they're an 8 seed, I don't see that happening at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk
    I'm a LSU fan. Pre season LSU wasn't even considered to make the tourney. But after a great year under a new coach, Trent Johnson, they got an invitation to the Dance. They are in the South Region and I will be pulling for them every game they play.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

If the Tigers don't make it to the Final Four I think that the big game will be between Louisville and North Carolina. If that happens I predict North Carolina to take the championship back to Chapel Hill.
    I have to admit that LSU has done an awesome job this year, but as I mentioned above, they would have a really tough road to the Final Four. Even with Lawson shaky, UNC should still be a really really good team. I don't know if LSU will even beat Butler, much less UNC. And Gonzaga, Syracuse and Oklahoma are really tough, too.

But, of course, I could be totally wrong about all of this...which again, is what makes all of this so fun.