Medical Supply Stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalicoSky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Can decent diapers be found in medical supply stores? I live with my boyfriend who doesn't know so I don't want to risk ordering online. I've been limited to using Depends from places like Walmart and you can hardly call those a diaper. I want something relatively affordable that can hold at least a full wetting. Thanks!

I have seen medical stores carry Molicare and Abena which are both pretty good...or at least better than the pharmacy diapers.

I posted a reminder in another thread here recently about how Staples carries Milicare and you can order online with in-store pickup. iirc they don't charge shipping either.

CalicoSky said:
Can decent diapers be found in medical supply stores? I live with my boyfriend who doesn't know so I don't want to risk ordering online. I've been limited to using Depends from places like Walmart and you can hardly call those a diaper. I want something relatively affordable that can hold at least a full wetting. Thanks!
Your lucky you have one around you :) they usually have some good ones just gotta try your luck.

Some medical supply stores around where I live will order and track down products that you're looking for if they don't carry it. You might want to research medsup stores near you to see if they do the same. Also might want to call around, some places might even already have some of the stuff you're looking for.

Also stores going under the name "Surgical Supply Store" can have decent ones as well, although I've been to a few where they keep all the incontinence supplies in the back, and you have to ask by name for what you want.

I used to frequent one down here because they carried the Attends with Waistband that I used to use, but they closed down. I think the only one nearby anymore is primarily hardware related. I buy online these days though.

Last time I tried a medical supply store they wouldn't let me buy anything without giving them my name and address. It's best to have something made up before you go in, just in case!

Don't know where you live in Indiana but Fort Wayne is home to Personal Care Medical Supplies which carries Abena m4's,Molicare Super Plus, Dry 24/7, Tranquility ATNs, and diapers from AB Universe, Rearz, and Tykables.

surgelover said:
Don't know where you live in Indiana but Fort Wayne is home to Personal Care Medical Supplies which carries Abena m4's,Molicare Super Plus, Dry 24/7, Tranquility ATNs, and diapers from AB Universe, Rearz, and Tykables.

I live in northwest Indiana by Illinois. But I forsee a road trip in my future!

Just so you don't drive out there for nothing, you should probably call them to get prices and have them set stuff aside for you. I estimated from Gary, IN based on your comment and google maps estimates about 2.5 hours.

That's not horrible at least. I recently made a trip for a pickup of diapers that was 7 hours each way. It was worth it simply to meet another dl in person and get a car full of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back