Thread: wonderful vintage activity centers

Default wonderful vintage activity centers

Lucky me!
    Recently i bought for almost nothing, two vintage fisher price activity centers.
    Seen these toys was a real memory trigger;

I knew and played with these models in a place where I spent my holidays with my siblings and cousins, it was some really idyllic summers, my most beautiful childhood memories. I had to forget these models until now. Re-discovering them was a shock (in a good way) I am really euphoric about them. Well they do not have their strap system for hanging them anymore, but nevertheless, they are in very good condition. I have to say they would look good hooked on an adult sized crib :P
    I own these two models, it’s interesting as some characters-design stays in the head during years: This small dog on the second model for example and the drawing style generally, remained very familiar right now despite the years.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fisher-price-activity-center.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	27136 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_570xN.757689709_i3cl.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	27137

I remember playing with this third one, when I was small but I have not found it for a moderate price yet...But I think that eventually I am going to try to have the complete "collection"! In fact i feel really happy and enthusiastic about vintage fisher price toys now, and not just the activities centers!

Name:	100_4389.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	27138

This lucky discovery, made me remind of the activities panels existence! So I tried to look at the recent one, but I found few models … And most are electronic, and offer only buttons that produce sound… Not many diversities of action and play, I do not find them rather complete compared with the vintage models, it’s a shame. (But my point of view is relative)
    I also like the bathroom mode for water-play, i discovered this model on a vintage collector blog. this is the first time i heard about a «*waterproof*» version:

Name:	100_4514.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	27135
    What do you think about these toys?Do you have activities centers/panels too, or activities tables? Or a favorite model? Share your images and photos!

I think I had the first one back in the 70s. I never thought of getting another. I prefer the wind up music stuffies. I really liked my bear when I was young.

I remember my wife and I buying them for our kids, who were born in the late '70s. I guess that's the vintage date. When I was a kid, all they had were sticks and rocks. I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but we'd use them to tease the dinosaurs.

Those activity thingies sound fun, I am trying to find something like that.

Well these are the crib items we bought for our children,now I am the baby with the crib center on my nursery wall.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	27143

That is so awesome! Looks so toddlerlike and colourful!

Your nursery wall look neat Clothbaby !

I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but we'd use them to tease the dinosaurs.
    So that's why they became so shy and difficult to see these days

i had the last one with the blue octapus as a very small kid.