Uti from diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddys

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
hi everyone, I'm new to diaper wearing and I'll like to know from the ladies if anyone has gotten a uti from using a diaper.

Why you just want to ask girls?

And I never got a UTI from diaper wearing,but....
I have had diaper rash many times,and a few times a yeast infection from diaper wearing,etc.

women are more prone to UTI's due to their anatomy, i'm not a girl but yes, if that area isn't properly cleaned the potential for a UTI is there.

So far I haven't gotten a UTI but I don't wear 24/7.

I wear maybe 2-3 per week

Helix said:
I'm not female, but I will try my best to contribute and at least say that I also feel there is kind of a fear factor I get from wetting that maybe I'll get some sort of infection or even worse – I've heard of a case where an AB/DL got Hodgkin's Lymphoma, though I don't know if being an AB/DL was purely a coincidence or not. And stuff like that makes me feel like I need to shower after I wet or else something will be physically wrong with me once I wear – not that I'm staying in a diaper all hours of the day after wetting or anything.

I severely doubt you could get Hodgkin's Lymphoma from diapers considering it has to do with cancer in your lymphatic system. Being AB/DL had to have been a coincidence or else it would be far more common among the IC community. So I wouldn't be too worried.

When it comes back to infections however, it's good to keep as clean as possible. Urine that has mixed with oxygen for a while is an absolute haven of a bacterial breeding ground.

Some years ago, back when my wife was more open to me wearing on occasion, I actually go her to try a cloth backed depends after much coercing and begging. She even agreed to wet it and did sleep in it. That was the one and only time she went as far as to sleep the night padded and wet. Of course, to my bad luck, she did develope a mild uti. She blamed the diaper and that pretty much ended her wearing and wetting in one. Was it coincidence, who knows. But she has never gotten one again, so the evidence for us is, it could lead to one. By the way, she has worn a diaper on occasion, when it is that time of the month for her and never had an issue with any uti. So for her, it could be the sensitivity to the urine remaining in close proximity. Would this be the case with a premium brand, I will likely never know as she would not indulge now and take the chance.

Yes, you can certainly get a UTI from a diaper. I think it depends on your immune system more than anything else. As others have said, urine exposed to air is a bacterial breeding ground. There seems to be a wider variance in people's immunological systems than is often recognized.

It has never happened to me, but my immune system would be well characterized as "aggressive." Take my experience with a grain of salt. It causes more problems than it solves, so far as I can tell, but the upshot is that I almost never get sick with anything. I've only had the flu once, ever. That probably helps with diaper wearing and bacteria. The downside is that I need to carry EpiPens with me everywhere, because my immune system might well get carried away and go nuts over, for example, parsnips. My immunologist calls me one of his "interesting" clients. o_O

Having said that, UTI's do not seem to be a major issue here on ADISC. I have not seen many threads about it.

I'd imagine it's that women run a higher risk of UTI like tails said. I've had days were I drink a few glasses of water after work when I already feel an urge and hold it as long as I can to enjoy the relief afterwards. I've sat in it overnight and one time messed and stayed in it overnight without anything negative happening afterwards. I think as long as you don't wear the same diaper for too long and you regularly clean you should be fine.

yes i have got some over the years you need to make sure when you are wearing for real that you have a schedule for changing your diaper to long my doctor says add the the change of getting one. plus if you mess them it add too it too

Here's the thing. UTIs don't come from diapers. They come from dirty, or injured and dirty. My sister has a genetic kidney issue that leaves her very much prone to them. She also has cerebral palsy and is completely IC. She usually only gets changed twice daily, but her bowels may move more than that. When she was in high school at a place that hated the fact that she was intelligent in a way that made her capable of expressing herself, and asking that they change her correctly, give her more challenging assignments, etc, when none of the other students could, and it made them actually have to work, she was hospitalized about every 2 weeks or so with one, to the point that she had to quit school before they killed her. As soon as she quit, and mom started being the one who changed her, no more UTIs. She wasn't had one in years.

Now, if the doctor needs a urinalysis done, they have to cath her, and she's über difficult to cath, so it usually scrapes her, and she'll get one.

I'm not going to say that the chemicals in sposies aren't carcinogenic. You can read up on it, it'll just take some detective work. Abena has the Nordic Swan symbol, I think it's called. To get it, a brand has to meet higher standards than the U.S. requires to be green, or you could try cloth.

I wear a diaper 24/7 now and have not had a problem

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I never have had a UTI, but have had a diaper rash several times, especially when I started wearing diapers. I used to stay in a dirty diaper longer than I should of and then end up getting a diaper rash.

I wear cloth diapers 24/7, and I often have Saturated diapers on overnight. I Chan g e my diaper and ensure the area is washed with soap and water and barrier cream applied before I put on a cleaner diaper and plastic pants. I have had diaper rash but never a UTI

Thank you soooo much for your responses everyone. They've been very helpful, I'm glad I asked.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked ladies because our anatomy is different from guys and we are more prone to UTIs as tails1234 said. And please What do you use to treat the rashes when you have them?

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to reply everyone individually but From my first attempt I guess I'm probably doing it wrong. Lol
I guess I'll need to get a hang of this first. Thanks again everyone

Daddys said:
I asked ladies because our anatomy is different from guys and we are more prone to UTIs as tails1234 said.

I wonder to some degree about that. You have far less plumbing to your bladder of course, and so a UTI starting into the bladder is of course easier to get. (and from there to the uriters and the kidneys) but the guys have a lot MORE "urinary tract" to get infected, and there's a larger area for bugs to fester and grow from bladder to exit. So I wonder if the guys overall actually can get them easier, but they're on the average much less severe?

all UTI's are caused by bacteria entering the urinary tract, this is always done from the outside in, be it through improper wiping, improper hygiene, or sexual intercourse. compared to a man, a woman's urethra is located much more proximal to her anus, the genital area of a female is more open to the outside environment compared to male's, the area is a warm, moist, environment perfect for bacterial growth etc etc. point is it's medical fact that women are more prone to these things. as far as treatment goes, the best treatment is prevention. use proper wiping technique, and bathe with soap and water on a regular basis. if an infection does occur, i've heard drinking cranberry juice can be helpful. NOTE: even though i have medical knowledge gained though completion of certain college degrees, I AM NOT A LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. if infection does occur head to your doctor and they will give you the best way to clean up the problem. if this post breaks any rules, admin please take it down and i apologize in advance.

Sapphyre said:
Yes, you can certainly get a UTI from a diaper. I think it depends on your immune system more than anything else. As others have said, urine exposed to air is a bacterial breeding ground. There seems to be a wider variance in people's immunological systems than is often recognized.

It has never happened to me, but my immune system would be well characterized as "aggressive." Take my experience with a grain of salt. It causes more problems than it solves, so far as I can tell, but the upshot is that I almost never get sick with anything. I've only had the flu once, ever. That probably helps with diaper wearing and bacteria. The downside is that I need to carry EpiPens with me everywhere, because my immune system might well get carried away and go nuts over, for example, parsnips. My immunologist calls me one of his "interesting" clients. o_O

Having said that, UTI's do not seem to be a major issue here on ADISC. I have not seen many threads about it.

This is good to hear. I have been often thinking if my diaper wear could give me UTI. I have been using some kind of diapers for years and have not had any problems. Lately I have been wearing adult diapers which I would want to wear more often, and been wondering if it could give me UTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back