How can I stop myself wasting my time in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I find that when I want to get ready in the morning, I end up wasting my time waiting for somebody to answer a post or reading past threads and I get upset when I found out I wasted half a day doing that when I have plans! I tend to sometimes not be able to pick myself in the morning. I tend to want somebody to talk to me and feel a emptiness inside me when I do this, but I do it nearly every morning.

Is there any way of stopping it? What would you suggest? Is it linked to trauma? Would seeing a psychiatrist help me?

Doesn't address any of those deeper root causes you hint at, but I like to set a rough schedule for myself when I've got stuff to do as I have a tendency to get similarly distracted.

On work days I know when I want to be at work, which means I know roughly when I need to leave the house, which means I know roughly when I have to be finished breakfast, which means I know roughly when I have to be out of the shower, which means I know roughly when I have to be finished my morning jog, which means I know when I have to be out of bed by.. etc. I goof off in between and just keep an eye on the clock.

On weekends when I've got things that need doing I similarly plan by working backwards (when I need to be there gets me to when I need to leave by which gets me to when I need to be ready by, etc). I'll also make lists. I keep a whiteboard in my office at home (and at work for that matter..) and generally commit to getting something done within a certain time period (by 5pm I've gotta get out and mow the lawn).

Like I said, sounds like in your case you think this is a side effect of other issues, which it may well be, but time management is a skill that a lot of people struggle with. We all get side tracked by some link someone sends us or something we catch a glimpse of on TV or some random thing we happen to notice on our way out the door. In most jobs good time management skills are a huge asset and one of the main things people look for when hiring (someone who can manage their own priories vs someone who you'll have to keep on top of and hound to get things done on time). Definitely a good thing for anyone to work on improving.

I am very similar Angelic! <3 I agree with what BoundCoder says.... a schedule. even just a morning one because if you start the day off on the right foot being a little disciplined then the rest of the day generally tends to go a bit better too! :)

Do you have or can you get a timer? Then set the timer for 30 minutes (or whatever). Then when the timer goes off, stop reading or replying to posts and do the next thing on your list.

I do something similar with ADISC. I get on around 11:15 PM and spend 45 to 60 minutes maximum. If I get everything read and reply to everything I want - that's great. If not, it waits till the next day.

ill be your friend

I usually get up about a half hour earlier then I "Need" too, sometimes even 45 minutes earlier. I find getting ready in the morning at my own pace with plenty of time for distractions like adisc and the news really calms me for the day.

I take my time and I never feel rushed because of this extra time.

MommyandMattling said:
I usually get up about a half hour earlier then I "Need" too, sometimes even 45 minutes earlier. I find getting ready in the morning at my own pace with plenty of time for distractions like adisc and the news really calms me for the day.

I take my time and I never feel rushed because of this extra time.

I've started doing this too and I love it! I get little time in the morning before working. So calming too, as you say.

I find that a chore chart with rewards helps me. If you have an iphone there are some great apps. My favorite for iphone is choretopia. For PC, I like habit RPG

I always wake up wet and fully so. A few times per week, I also poo in diapers while sleeping - no control. I awake with it in my pants. I wear two pairs of plastic pants to hide any odor.

- - - Updated - - -

When you use adult briefs you need three things - great tight fit, plastic pants and support from a onesie or singlet

To be honest, I have this problem too (and I'm not depressed and working a steady job). I always end up doing stuff and then showering and leaving at the last minute instead of getting ready with extra time. I think the solution is to be strict about it, if it's bugging you. Like, I'm kinda okay with my routine and just lounging around in the morning as long as I don't have a meeting or anything for work, but when I do have to be in early for something, I just don't touch anything in the morning: no computer, no phone, no games, nothing. Just change out of diaper, shower, food, depart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back