good daytime diaper, plastic, medium thickness, good features

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Still trying to settle on a replacement for regular waddlers for overnight. I've been trying ID Slip PE (marked "ID EXPERT SLIP MAXI"), and except for waistband elastic, they're perfect. Maybe a tad bit thicker than I'd like, but very soft all white plastic shell, soft padding but stilll high in sap so good capacity and swells a lot when wet. Good leak guards, and good tapes. Maybe a bit loud for some.

XP Medical has them discounted for right now. They're a bit higher priced than I'd like to see, more than the waddlers were, but they seem to be the best choice available at the moment. The smaller sizes are cheaper too: Size Small - Fits 24 to 30"

http://www.xpmedical.com/id-slip-PE.html

I saw these and have been curious as well. I was in love with the Tykabkes S.Ex or tighty whities as they were called, but I'm not sure if there's any plan to continue production of them anymore. I haven't heard any news or seen them reappear on their website.

I am in search of a replacement for a daytime diaper that hides well under shorts or jeans but also is comfortable enough for daily activities and holds a decent amount.

How are the sizing on the ID's from XP medical? Some have said they run small.? I am a M in most all diapers but the dimensions on the ID look like I'm at the top of the limit. (34-36" waist).

Thank's all!

ID expert slip super medium fit me fine and my waist is about 37 inches to be exact.

yurguardianangel said:
ID expert slip super medium fit me fine and my waist is about 37 inches to be exact.

I've been trying ID Slip Expert (PE) and those are nice except for lacking front/rear elastic.

I wonder how Tykables dealt with the waistband elastic patent? Did they license it, or are they ignoring it?

The ID expert slip over in the UK are slightly different, they have coloured stripes across the nappy, I think they determine the absorbency, we do have a very similar all white nappy and they are called Drylife, I love these and the ID slips, they are my go to nappy at the moment, not overly thick, I hate that feeling of wearing a pillow between my legs like you get with these ultra thick ones out at the moment.
The ID's and drylife do the job for me, great crinkle to them and very comfortable, sometimes forget I'm wearing a nappy until I walk then I hear the great crinkle and it let's me know!
Haha.

I got a batch of ID PE Expert Maxi's from XP Medical last week, and while they hit most of the right points, I find they swell up so much between my legs that they impair my walking. I don't necessarily waddle, but I helped a neighbor move some furniture the other evening while wet, was walking sideways and stumbled, skinning my right knee pretty badly. They are also pretty loud. YMMV. So it seems my day diaper will need to be cloth covered. :(

If you are looking for something that is plastic, starts pretty thin, but swells an incredible amount, I recommend the Wellness Briefs (get the Superio though, not the original). They're almost nothing but SAP (so don't flood unless you're standing up and then give it 30 seconds or so to absorb before you sit down).

The plastic on them, if I remember right, does not crinkle much because it's so smooth.

I can speak from experience here that Id slip maxi and northshore Supremes are the exact same diaper. Just figured I'd add that 2 cents in. Also another diaper I think would be good for daytime are the tykables overnights. They have good tapes and a plastic landing zone. Plenty of capacity the softest plastic shell I've ever felt and they are still as thin as the Id slip maxi. They have front and rear waistbands also. Tykables has sales on holidays too.

askmelater47 said:
I can speak from experience here that Id slip maxi and northshore Supremes are the exact same diaper. Just figured I'd add that 2 cents in. Also another diaper I think would be good for daytime are the tykables overnights. They have good tapes and a plastic landing zone. Plenty of capacity the softest plastic shell I've ever felt and they are still as thin as the Id slip maxi. They have front and rear waistbands also. Tykables has sales on holidays too.

I'd noticed the similarity also, have you found any differences at all? I didn't have them here at the same time to compare closely. They don't have front/rear elastic though.

for what it worth i have been wearing wellness diapers now for almost a year by far the best diaper i have ever used. for many years it was cloth and a disposable booster since i wet and mess my diaper. at night i will add a booster but not sure its necessary never a leak through even though im a side sleeper i do still wear plastic pants to bed just to be safe. yes they are not very baby but they do the job that is needed. i have got some barebun diapers for the times i want a baby look they are as good as wellness just have a baby print and look. i have tried them all over the years so take this fr what it worth just an over grown baby still needing diaper to get by.

Yea, I'm not normally one to "promote" a product (and I actually don't have any of them right now but that's due to "too good to pass up opportunities" coming along, but the wellness briefs (despite looking quite plain) are very superb. They do offer samples (although I cannot remember whether or not they sent me "reminder" mail after so if privacy is an issue, keep that in mind) for very cheap if I recall.

2yearold said:
for what it worth i have been wearing wellness diapers now for almost a year by far the best diaper i have ever used. for many years it was cloth and a disposable booster since i wet and mess my diaper. at night i will add a booster but not sure its necessary never a leak through even though im a side sleeper i do still wear plastic pants to bed just to be safe. yes they are not very baby but they do the job that is needed. i have got some barebun diapers for the times i want a baby look they are as good as wellness just have a baby print and look. i have tried them all over the years so take this fr what it worth just an over grown baby still needing diaper to get by.

I recently got my first pairs of cloth diapers and cloth boosters with some plastic pants. Quite a different feel (in a good way) than disposable.

Have they fixed the issue with the Wellness Briefs that caused them to seep through the plastic? The first ones I got maybe 5 years ago were fine, but around 2 years ago they all seemed to leak after even a minor wetting. I quit buying them because of that. I love the blue color and would start buying them again if they fixed whatever was causing the seepage.

I never had that issue. I had read that is was only happening on the regular wellness briefs; I only ever used the "superio series" briefs from them.

I've been curious to try these as my daily diaper since Tena Slip Maxi supply is running out.

I love Bambino diapers the best.

bambinod said:
Still trying to settle on a replacement for regular waddlers for overnight. I've been trying ID Slip PE (marked "ID EXPERT SLIP MAXI"), and except for waistband elastic, they're perfect. Maybe a tad bit thicker than I'd like, but very soft all white plastic shell, soft padding but stilll high in sap so good capacity and swells a lot when wet. Good leak guards, and good tapes. Maybe a bit loud for some.

XP Medical has them discounted for right now. They're a bit higher priced than I'd like to see, more than the waddlers were, but they seem to be the best choice available at the moment. The smaller sizes are cheaper too: Size Small - Fits 24 to 30"

ID slip expert maxi is sadly cloth backed in the UK

yurguardianangel said:
ID slip expert maxi is sadly cloth backed in the UK

They carry those also. ID makes both. Though they may only care the clothlike in the UK. I wonder, are there laws being passed that ban or restrict plastic backed diapers, like what they're doing with incandescent lightbulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back