Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Meningioma Tumor I have is benign and very small...

Default RE: Meningioma Tumor I have is benign and very small...

Good Evening!
    I found out today that the Meningioma Tumor I have is benign, and not related to my double vision problem related to my left eye.
    That problem is related to my ageing with Cerebral Palsy, which I have had since birth 58 years ago.
    I am no longer allowed to drive at night anymore.
    Only daytime driving short distances around town.
    For longer distances I will have to rely upon others.
    I guess that mostly I will be an at-home person as an older adult with Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
    Oh! The tumor does not need to be operated on, just monitored yearly via MRI Scan.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    Good Evening!
    I found out today that the Meningioma Tumor I have is benign, and not related to my double vision problem related to my left eye.
    That problem is related to my ageing with Cerebral Palsy, which I have had since birth 58 years ago.
    I am no longer allowed to drive at night anymore.
    Only daytime driving short distances around town.
    For longer distances I will have to rely upon others.
    I guess that mostly I will be an at-home person as an older adult with Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
    Oh! The tumor does not need to be operated on, just monitored yearly via MRI Scan.

I'm glad the tumor is benign but I'm sorry they can't do anything for your double vision. I know what it's like to hear that pronouncement, "It's benign!" In 1986 I had a tumor removed from the inside of my spine. The tumor had grown on the nerves in my spine and I was in incredible pain. I also was losing the ability to walk. A brain surgeon performed the surgery and other doctors watched because I had a 50/50 chance of walking again. The operation was successful but I had to wait for the results, cancer or benign. When they told me it was benign there was this big wave of relief.

The down side caused by the surgery was that I couldn't pee, so I had to learn to catheterize myself. That went on for about six weeks until things kicked in, I guess because the swelling and pressure on the nerves went down. We have these terrible things happen to us, and in the end, we're grateful for the things that work to our advantage and learn to live with the problems that are left behind. Hugs.

Great news that the tumor is benign and doesn't need to be operated on. Must be a great relief

One thing to note- benign doesn't really mean "benign". You can die of a benign tumor- particularly one in the brain. The main point of a benign tumor is that it's non-cancerous, which means it won't grow nearly as quickly and is very unlikely to metastasize. Not trying to be a wet blanket, but a lot of doctors seem to leave patients with the impression that benign tumors aren't serious or something to be concerned about.

Good news! Still leaves you with a tumor there, but at least it's not a malignant one. :-)

Hey, I am glad you are ok, hope it stays that way caitainix!

"Never mind, you're fine" would've been better, but this is pretty good.

Glad can hear it from you.
    Anyway, always check your health, because benign tumor could be worst if taken lightly.
    Hopefully yourself be more well.

Glad for you that it's benign and you wont need surgery. Now you can move on and live your life.