Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I actually bought diapers for the first time!

Default I actually bought diapers for the first time!

So this quite a big achievement for me! After almost 2 years (I KNOW 2 YEARS!) I actually gained the confidence to walk into a pharmacy and buy DryNites, nappies which I have been wanting to get for a while! It seemed like such an overwhelming task but turns out its not that bad! I waited until I was the only one in the store and I bought them!

So happy lol!

I remember the first time bought nappies lol, I was so scared, I had a hallucination where somebody was commenting on me buying nappies but when I looked around nobody was in sight! Still got them though after all that's what I came in for!

I think it was about 20 years ago when I first bought disposable diapers and back then they were hard to find in regular stores. I think I had to go to a medical supply place where a clerk asked if they were for an older relative. I didn't elaborate further. It was funnier when years earlier I bought my first plastic mattress cover after moving out from my parents home (where I had a rubber sheet over the mattress on my single bed) and ruining my first 'big boy' double mattress. I went to a department store and looked around the bedding section and then finally got up the courage to ask a clerk to help me, a polite young black guy who looked to be in his early 20s. At first he didn't understand what I was asking for when I said I needed a mattress cover for a double bed. When I told him it was for bedwetting he said in a soft voice 'Oh, my younger brother has that problem too' and led me to the area in which the waterproof covers were located. He was so nice about it that I didn't know why I had been so embarrassed to start with.

Haha yep buying diapers is certainly a trip on the first time, it gets easier though

Congrats on getting the courage to be you. Always fabulous to hear of this.

My first time buying diapers was really stressful. I literally went to to like 3 shops and on the last one after staring at the DVDs for like 10 minutes finally had the courage and bought some Junior Huggies nappies. I had been wanting to buy them since I was very young. I was so nervous I was shaking but no one stared or gave me weird looks and self serve made it easier too. But when I got home without anyone seeing me I was the happiest guy on earth. Oh the joy of that first time. I am not scared about buying nappies anymore or strangers seeing me buy them more to the point though I am still scared of people I know seeing me buying them. That still stumps me from buying sometimes.

Exactly. Scary at first, but once you are done, it's the best feeling.

I was going to buy some from Walmart last week to get me by while I was waiting for an online order to arrive. It was too crowded and I chickened out. The only diapers I've ever bought from the store were Goodnites/generic equivalent. No embarrassment with those since I'm just the right age to have kids who would wear them. You have more courage than me!

The first time is always the worse time, it gets easier as time goes on. I always find myself traveling 20 miles by train to buy them as their is slightly less chance of bumping into someone I know their.