I'm so happy right now! (college and textbook related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Today was the first day of the new semester and of course there's one greedy professor who requires 3 textbooks for his class boo!

College bookstore cost was $280 and I found what I needed for only $67 on Chegg. Spread the word to my classmates and twitter followers jokingly adding "Should totally get a discount :p No? Ok.."

The nice people at Chegg actually responded an hour later with a 15% off coupon :lol:

I was joking but hey that's so awesome of them haha :grouphug:
Definitely not complaining. 15% off goes a long way especially on multiple textbooks.

So... For those of you still in college... Chegg are a bunch of good peeps

Helix said:
First time I've ever heard of anything called Chegg, wow. Should probably recommend this to people I know that may be going to post-secondary soon – at least in the U.S.

Good luck with your semester, by the way. What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a really good textbook store / rental site. Started using it back in fall 2015 and they have been amazing so far. Learned about it from my sister who was working on her masters at the time.

Anywho, my major is biology. Getting my associates at a cheap little community college then transferring to a bigger university to hopefully become a vet tech in the near future.

The worst thing is spending £300 on text books all written by the same person, going to your first lecture and realising that... the lecturer is the author of the books and that THIS is how they make their money.

tiny said:
The worst thing is spending £300 on text books all written by the same person, going to your first lecture and realising that... the lecturer is the author of the books and that THIS is how they make their money.

Ahh I hate that!
That one professor I mentioned with the 3 textbooks, 2 of them he wrote himself. Which meant I had to pay full bookstore price on them boo... At least it was only $87 for both... Still not exactly pocket change but what can you do?

At least I got the most expensive and heaviest book cheap as an E-book on Chegg. Great news for my back seeing as all 3 books are mandatory for every class x_x The other 2 already have me worried that my backpack will rip under the weight. And that's just 1 class.

Reminds me of when I spent $130 on a textbook for a class and that particular book I needed immediately. So I end up buying it to get started on studying, and then I buy the same book for $50 (including shipping) on Amazon and use my Prime trial for cheaper one day shipping. So later on in the week I receive the book from Amazon, and I still have time to return the other book for a full refund. I treat my books with respect so they had no problem issuing the refund after inspecting the book.

I do try to always buy my textbooks on Amazon, but sometimes Instructors won't list the name of the book on their homepage or even answer your emails before class starts. Then that's when the clock starts ticking and you can either wait for the book to ship to you and be late on coursework, or you can blow over half of what you would spend online and get the book immediately for coursework to begin. And then sometimes the damn bookstore runs out of that book on the first day of class.

So you have to wait almost up to a week to receive it. Yeah, you could be like "well I'll just order off Amazon" but you get desperate and want that book fast. So you just end up ordering at the bookstore, because sometimes Amazon sellers won't ship the book immediately to you and the bookstore will at least guarantee that the book is shipped to you in so many days. The whole process is broken at my college...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back