Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended "Plain" Diapers

Default Recommended "Plain" Diapers

I know there are probably a plethora of recommendation threads like this on the site, but I had a specific question I wanted to bring up because I've been only wetting in pull-up Tena briefs – can't recall the exact name – and I was hoping I could move to something with actual wings and tabs when I can (Because I'm safely assuming that these are generally bulkier and more comfortable).

Anyway, what I'm asking is what your personal recommendations are for a plain diaper that doesn't go for an AB pattern like Bambinos do. I've been reading some reviews, but I guess I'd like some validation and discussion about it just to see where it goes.
    Last edited by Helix; 30-Aug-2016 at 05:58.

So far I have only tried the Kolibri ComSlip, BetterDrys and Abena's Abri-Form M3s. The first two had plastic backing, though Kolibri did have cloth-like wings. Of those three, I'd definitely call the M3s my favourites. The BetterDrys, in my opinion, weren't worth getting. I find them uncomfortable to Wear, and I'm not a lot for plastic-backing to begin with. (I'm weird like that XD)
    Depending on how thin/thick you want them, I guess you might want to go for M4 instead. I can't speak for those though, haven't tried them yet.
    Hope I could help O.O

My preferred Diaper is the Abena AbriForm L4, it is pretty plain,

There is also the popular Dry 24/7, I'm not as big on it because the heavier gauge plastic bothers my legs, but tons of people swear by them and the absorbency is second to none.

If you're on a budget I'd recommend the Tranquility ATN, they're not quite as absorbent as these two, but they're only like one step down.

Any of those are plain and should fit your needs. They're more expensive, but if you're familiar with the Bambinos and you like those, they do have a plain version, the Bianca.

I'd recommend
    http://www.xpmedical.com/

And for the ATNs

http://www.dignitywithdiapers.com/

By far the best plain looking diaper is the ABU Simple.

It has the same core as the LittlePawz and Space (making it completely the same except for print and cost), and is completely plain white (except for the ABU symbols on the sides which are covered when you put it on).

I highly highly suggest them!

Is cost a concern? Discreetness? Absorbency? ABU simple is probably the best diaper I've ever tried as far as feel and absorbency go (unfortunately they don't fit well enough for me to justify $3/diaper, I wish they made then in small). Then you've got dry 24/7, northshore supremes, A+ level 3/4, iD slip, and Seni Quatro for premium diapers that are in plain white. If some pattern is ok, then abena M4/L4, molicare super plus, tranquility ATN, and pretty much any other premium diaper that isn't an AB specialty diaper becomes a candidate.

I would recommend Abena M3s if you're looking for a strong all-rounder.

ABU Simples are a great high-end diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Anyway, what I'm asking is what your personal recommendations are for a plain diaper that doesn't go for an AB pattern like Bambinos do. I've been reading some reviews, but I guess I'd like some validation and discussion about it just to see where it goes.
    Do you mean you want something "plain white"? Do you want to avoid wetness indicators also? (completely plain white)

Tykables Tighty Whities, Bambino Bianco, Confidry 247, ABU Simple, in order of capacity from thin to thick, for totally plain white. (the ABU Simple have a pretty discrete little black logo on the tape panel, totally worth it for the higher capacity)

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Do you mean you want something "plain white"? Do you want to avoid wetness indicators also? (completely plain white)

Tykables Tighty Whities, Bambino Bianco, Confidry 247, ABU Simple, in order of capacity from thin to thick, for totally plain white. (the ABU Simple have a pretty discrete little black logo on the tape panel, totally worth it for the higher capacity)
    Ehhhh, probably should have specified in the OP a little bit better. I mostly meant something that doesn't have any sort of designs that are too "pretentious", for lack of a better term.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/images/a...rontFolded.jpg See how the Bellissimos have the animal pattern going on? To me, it has more of an "babyish" look, which isn't what I'm necessarily going for. Which is why the abri-forms are looking tempting because those stripes don't really stand out to me as much cute animals do. And besides, just plain white kinda looks gawky to meľ but hey that's subjective! Though if you or anyone else can recommend anything you feel is bulkier (I like bulk and I don't think I'd wear in public anytime soon so discreetness is not an issue), absorbent, or a better bang for the dollar, then let me know.

If you're looking for "just plain", that opens up a lot of options for you. Youll need to narrow your search criteria lest you get 200 hits

AB Simple. A basic high performance diaper without any prints.