Where to get some nappies w/o online purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebbles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
What's the best way to get nappies without having to buy them online, if any way? If I were to order them online my dad would look through it like he always does to my packages. Like, could I go to the pharmacy or something?

Going to a pharmacy would be the best bet, the cashier won't care if you're buying nappies whether you buy baby ones or adult ones they really do not care, it's their job to process your items quickly. Storing them in a backpack until you get home would be a good idea, like if you take one to work or college / university already it won't be suspicious.

I'm in the US and not the best information source, but do you have a Boots nearby? They sell a 4-tape nappy that I'd really like to try myself. See http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Staydry-Slips-M-L-10-slips_1272651/ and browse around the site. You can also check your store's availability. As for other ideas, I expect NHS makes them less common on the average pharmacy and discount store shelf (but offerings over here are utter crap, so maybe that's a blessing), but others can correct me.

Now the question is whether you have the nerve to buy them? :eek:

InteriorWill said:
What's the best way to get nappies without having to buy them online, if any way? If I were to order them online my dad would look through it like he always does to my packages. Like, could I go to the pharmacy or something?

Most decent-sized Boots will sell StayDry slips and pull-ups, which are rebranded Attends. Not brilliant, but certainly better than Drynites/Underjams. I've seen Tena Maxi slips and pull-ups sold in ASDA, and there may be a age/disabilities shop in your locality.

Alternatively, order online and have the package delivered to a reasonably convenient collection point. You can get Tena and Abena through Amazon, and they have a vast array of local collection options.

One of the most fun ways to try and find diapers is to go around to your local thrift shops like Salvation Army and Goodwill. They often will have all different kinds and styles that have been donated for whatever reasons. I have found just about everything in thrift shops over the years from footed sleepers to abdl specific diapers (that was an awesome day). Now is an especially good time to go hunting because most stores are putting their Halloween costumes out...so if you see anyone you know or anyone asks.....just say it is part of your costume. ;) Have fun treasure hunting! Also...check the free section of craigslist. I just got a case and a half of pullups for free the other day!

tobdy1986 said:
One of the most fun ways to try and find diapers is to go around to your local thrift shops like Salvation Army and Goodwill. They often will have all different kinds and styles that have been donated for whatever reasons. I have found just about everything in thrift shops over the years from footed sleepers to abdl specific diapers (that was an awesome day). Now is an especially good time to go hunting because most stores are putting their Halloween costumes out...so if you see anyone you know or anyone asks.....just say it is part of your costume. ;) Have fun treasure hunting! Also...check the free section of craigslist. I just got a case and a half of pullups for free the other day!

The OP's from the UK. In my experience, charity shops here never, ever sell personal hygiene products, or any other kind of consumable.

Have a look on eBay, nappiesrus, amongst others, sell on there and they offer the click and collect service from Argos. They do a huge selection of mainstream and ABDL nappies at competitive prices, that you can collect at your leisure.

As Monkeypuzzler has said Nappies R Us (http://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/) are a good place to buy. You can pay many ways including paypal and collect from argos. I have bought from them a few times now, quick service and descreit packaging.

OP stated he doesn't want to order online as his dad checks packages and like stated before by Akastus we don't have charity (thrift) stores that sell diapers, only pharmacies and supermarkets sell them

Google for "medical supply stores near <city>" and see if there's anything that looks promising. I found a few places around my area (San Diego) that sell premium diapers that way. I used the stores website and/or Google street view (it goes inside stores in some places) to get an idea of what brands would be there before making the drive.

You can order free samples from http://www.tena.co.uk or from http://www.iddirect.com

Or from selected pharmacies just remember that if your ordering samples most companies don't like you ordering 1 diaper at a time unless you select different types.

Pharmacies can get sample packs for you but its not free and will cost you pretty packet unless you are able to get your diapers for free on the NHS due to your disabilities if you are lucky enough to quality for free diapers/nappies.

Also remember that if you have them delivered to your home address not to have them turn up when your pearents are in as this can be embarrassing.

Yours sincerely

Vhinababy888

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back