Hotel staff saw me in my nappy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek245

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've been staying at a hotel for a while, and this morning I ended up oversleeping, the cleaning people came in to find me sleeping in my soaked nappy and plastic pants. I woke up and they were polite as can be, I was still incredibly embarrassed and had to avoid looking them in the eye. I started getting ready and headed out, letting them get to work. I came back in an hour or so ago and there was a plastic sheet on the bed, as far as I know none of my pee had leaked onto it, but i guess they were just taking precautions. I feel really humiliated, and was wondering if I should still stay at the hotel? I feel like everyone's laughing at me behind my back.

A true green horn they have sxperiencdd all levels of IC and it's just another day to them, chill out, there not laughing, they probably don't even remember. And if you are IC or just acting as one at the hotel declaring your diapers is the right thing to do so they can take protection of there property in case yours fails.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You absolutely, absolutely should stay. As long as you pay your bill and don't trash the room, you have every right to be there, and the hotel staff are there to serve you, not the other way around. If the hotel had a reasonably occupancy that night, you were also likely not the only person in a diaper. Concerning the plastic sheet, I'm sure in their eyes that was just another part of the service, not intended harshly in any way. Try to put yourself in a different frame of mind. Say they caught you sleeping in the nude instead. That would have been embarrassing, too, but I'll bet you would have laughed it off. I once had a man walk in on me while changing in a toilet stall at the mall. My shorts were at my ankles and I'd just applied fresh barrier cream. He stood and stared for moment and I completely held my ground, smiled and said "....Hi!". Needing a diaper sometimes brings with it minor embarrassments, but that's no reason to not live a regular life. Hold your head up and be proud.

I get kind of sensitive about people seeing me in my nappies since I got teased a lot as a kid. Even though I know they probably weren't too fazed really, it still bothers me and I feel really nervous and paranoid.

School kids is gladiator training , only the strong survive because a child's capacity to be cruel is limitless. Heal those scars and move on for your own self love.

I'm sorry you had to go through that as a kid. Yes, kids can be mean and incidents like that can still hurt years later. While I didn't have the same problems as you, I suffered some bullying, too, mostly from being un-athletic and very socially awkward. You profile says that you're 20 and from my perspective are still a kid. In time I think you'll learn to get ahead of it and go on the offense. I started losing my hair when I was 19, and today am the first to make Lex Luthor jokes. I'm not suggesting bringing up nappies in conversation, but should somebody confront you, don't shy away either. Say "I have a medical issue and am dealing with it responsibly, and if you have a problem with that, it's not my concern".

One day I will work up the courage to let the cleaning girl see me in a pink diaper ( by accident of course )

pantyboyinnc said:
One day I will work up the courage to let the cleaning girl see me in a pink diaper ( by accident of course )

If you have to ''work up the courage'' to do it, it's not exactly an accident, now is it?

Decided not to leave, I ran into the cleaning people and one of them asked if the sheet was okay (she whispered to avoid any embarrassment) I told her it was and said thanks. Considering that the plastic sheet will be useful, I should probably tell hotels about my wetting in advance...

Good job, mate! I re-read a few of your earlier posts, including the one about about harassment at that cafe. Whether you still patron them or not, it seems you are starting to go on the offense, and I'm sure somebody else will appreciate that disposal bin. Needing IC protection shouldn't be a big deal and the less people shrink away from discussing it, the closer society comes to making that a reality.

I don't go to the cafe anymore since I've found another one where the staff are much nicer and there was a proper bin there already. And that's true, I've been able to open up to some people about it and they're pretty considerate overall.

There are two kinds of people (at least two): the bullying stupid sort and then there are those who really care about other people. Those people understand medical conditions. Most people have something that makes them imperfect and so we empathize with others and care. When I was in the hospital, it was obvious that some of the most caring people were the nursing assistants, people who didn't have the higher education and made less money, but their capacity for compassion was endless. I remember my surgeon and those who showed me concern and compassion.

Tetra said:
A true green horn they have sxperiencdd all levels of IC and it's just another day to them, chill out, there not laughing, they probably don't even remember. And if you are IC or just acting as one at the hotel declaring your diapers is the right thing to do so they can take protection of there property in case yours fails.

They probably font remember by now. Or if they do, just vaguely. After all, your one of probably a few dozen rooms they cleaned today.

Sent from my LG-X180g using Tapatalk

The staff have an obligation to treat you with respect. You have done nothing wrong and you certainly shouldn't find yourself unnecessarily out of pocket.

Don't let random people shame you. Just ignore them.

I am incontinent and wet the bed every night. When travelling I always take my nappies, plastic pants and a waterproof pad for the bed. My nappies etc are usually neatly stacked in the wardrobe which are often open these days. I leave the pad on the bed if I am staying the next night. Usually the maid makes up the bed and the pad is where it was. At one hotel I came back to find they had added a fitted plastic cover to the bed. I guess it made sense. Nothing was said and I felt no shame.

Shame should only enter the picture if you are IC and do nothing about it , those who take precautions are stellar examples of how we should sll conduct ourselves, so feel no shame when it comes to someone seeing you in a bappy/diaper that's just a fact of life, I think the shame is left over from childhood and "only babies wear diapers" mind game parents used to play, thank God that is changing because it damaged alot of people in ways we may never fully understand from inter personal to psychological, be proud you were your diapers, they protect your modesty but also protect others property from damage . Again nothing to be shamed about , and any public establishement that does not protect there stuff with a simple mattress wrap should feel the shame of sending out the message we don't care about those that need diapers for whatever reason, in these days of public correctness a waterproof cover is not expensive and can stop slot of bad feelings and grief from ever entering the equation, just my opinion wrong or right we all have them. Enjoy your stay and think nothing of this diaper visible encounter, just remember to tip housekeeping for handling it do well and discretely when you check out at the end of your stay.Hotels, Motels and inn's are places to feel comfortable and be at "home" when on the road, if that were not the case checking out and going elsewhere would be the right thing, do women on there cycle hide pads and tampons NO , they are a fact of life just as diapers are for You!, be yourself and keep it real and so will others.

Saw the staff again this morning, I was fully dressed but my nappies were pretty blatantly poking out of my bag, and there were plastic pants on the floor and they again didn't react at all. I'm really glad the staff there are so nice, I hope that reflects most hotel staff with stuff like this.

The plastic sheet was also pretty comfortable, much better than the one I have at home.

This strikes me that there should be a thread where people can share their stories about diapers in public, where personnel treated you with dignity, even if the wearer was embarassed

I'm sure hotel staff would much rather that those who need to do so wear diapers and use other protection than leave a mess for somebody else to clean up. A lot of hotels and motels will provide mattress protection if you ask for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back