Hotel staff saw me in my nappy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps for your own comfort, you could make use of a 'do not disturb' sign.

been there done that . Especially the hotel shuttle drivers hear the crinkle when I get into and out of the shuttle van. a few times shirt rises out of the tuck in I do if I have get in the back of the van. twice I have forgotten where I was and got locked out of my room in nothing but my diaper and underwear over the diaper had to rush to the desk and get them to get a replacement room key and plenty of embarrasment especially when its during the busy AM period where the front desk is very very busy! I do take out my trash I refuse to allow the housekeeping to touch my wet diapers or the trash I place the trash bag into the big trash cans next to the elevators or in the vending areas they have a trash can with the push in barrier . If I have a housekeeper in my room I am there or need maintenance for any reason I am there. They would rather you have protection then have to deal with wet bedding and ruined mattresses that I can tell you .

derek245 said:
"I ran into the cleaning people and one of them asked if the sheet was okay (she whispered to avoid any embarrassment)"
The cleaning staff at that hotel sound great! Providing a waterproof sheet is probably standard practice, but checking that you are okay with it - and doing that sensitively. Wow. In my book that is great service, and much more than I would have expected. I'd definitely stay at that hotel - and recommend it to others.

I've found hotel staff to be usually helpful. The boggest problem I have is finding somehwere to put my nappy in the morning - in the uk they normally only ihave tiny little bins in the room. A couple of months a go at a conference I got the courage up to go to the front desk and ask for a larger bin so I could dispose of my nappy - I think the girl behind the sek was more embarresed than me - but I got the bin

nappiesatnight said:
I've found hotel staff to be usually helpful. The boggest problem I have is finding somehwere to put my nappy in the morning - in the uk they normally only ihave tiny little bins in the room. A couple of months a go at a conference I got the courage up to go to the front desk and ask for a larger bin so I could dispose of my nappy - I think the girl behind the sek was more embarresed than me - but I got the bin

Same. The cans in US hotel rooms are pretty small as well. Most of the time there is only room enough for two, maybe three used diapers in them. I've never asked about getting a larger trash can though. I usually just use my preferred bags (BOS odor-sealing Disposable Bags) and take it out to the larger cans outside the entrances in the mornings.

I have done lots of traveling this year and even staying in the same hotel for 3 different weeks. I always have a bed pad down on my bed and bring my own trash bags to throw out my diapers. I put my used diapers in a plastic bag, then put them in the trash bag. There are times that I have left a fresh diaper out for when I get back to the hotel I don't have to dig through my stuff to get changed quickly. I put a note on the trash bag labeling it trash and I try to always leave a small tip with a thank you note every morning. On morning the trash bag is heaver because I have gone through more diapers, I leave an extra dollar tip. Many times they have left me a note and said thank you. Only a couple of times they didn't make my bed but that was o.k., I don't always make my own bed. There were a couple of times, they didn't take my trash out and I did say something to management about and once management came up and got it and took care of it. Being respectful is the key. I am not going to let my incontinence stop me from living but I am not going to be ashamed of it either. No I don't go around showing my diapers off, but if someone does happen to see it, then all they really are seeing is my underwear. So what that my underwear has extra padding and many times is wet, it's still underwear, lol

Don't over think things. As others have said, most hotels have already dealt with things like this and as long as you re respectful about it, they will be too.

checkingoutall said:
I have done lots of traveling this year and even staying in the same hotel for 3 different weeks. I always have a bed pad down on my bed and bring my own trash bags to throw out my diapers. I put my used diapers in a plastic bag, then put them in the trash bag. There are times that I have left a fresh diaper out for when I get back to the hotel I don't have to dig through my stuff to get changed quickly. I put a note on the trash bag labeling it trash and I try to always leave a small tip with a thank you note every morning. On morning the trash bag is heaver because I have gone through more diapers, I leave an extra dollar tip. Many times they have left me a note and said thank you. Only a couple of times they didn't make my bed but that was o.k., I don't always make my own bed. There were a couple of times, they didn't take my trash out and I did say something to management about and once management came up and got it and took care of it. Being respectful is the key. I am not going to let my incontinence stop me from living but I am not going to be ashamed of it either. No I don't go around showing my diapers off, but if someone does happen to see it, then all they really are seeing is my underwear. So what that my underwear has extra padding and many times is wet, it's still underwear, lol

Don't over think things. As others have said, most hotels have already dealt with things like this and as long as you re respectful about it, they will be too.

Well said !

I think hotel staff have seen it all and must have guests who have continence problems all the time.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a diaper or having to do what you do to have a normal life, I wear diapers myself and am currently on vacation/holiday in the far east of asia I choose to wear diapers at night because if I didn't I would have a lot of embarrassing accidents as I am a sound/deep sleeper and most times don't feel the urge to get up and go to the toilets until it's too late, I have been in a few embarrassing situations like yours so I feel your pain.

I have been wearing diapers ever since 2010 when I was diagnosed seemingly out of the blue with a weak bladder and I don't have a problem with the fact I have reverted back to being a toddler in terms of the way my body works just one of the things I had to get used to over the past 6 years although I feel much better now thanks to the fact that I can relax more and enjoy my young life even though at 36 years of age I feel like a big baby at times although this is probably my brains way of telling me that I should never have been trained out of diapers/nappies in the first-place.

My advice is keep staying at that resort and enjoy the rest of your vacation/holiday as the staff were probably more taken back than you to see a grown adult wearing diapers next time to avoid embarrassing yourself hang a do not disturb sign on your door and take the time to relax as you don't ever have to feel ashamed of yourself I have disabilities that make me have to wear that form of protection but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back