Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone noticed. . .? (Goodnites thread)

Default Has anyone noticed. . .? (Goodnites thread)

So recently I've been noticing that goodnites haven't been fitting me as well. I have older goodnites and they fit me just fine but the newer ones seem like they've gotten smaller. I know I've gotten a little bit bigger but not by much, I've only gained like 4 or 5 pounds, but that's neither here nor there, I got curious as to if they were actually getting smaller or not. So I took an old S/M sized goodnite I have from Pre-20% stretchier (Tinkerbelle ones) next to a pair of my L/XL sized ones (Post 20% stretchier.) And discovered that they're exactly the same dimensions. (Or there abouts) The only difference is the sketchiness of the sides. Now I haven't done any actual like scientific research into the size with like measurements and stuff, but I was just curious if anyone else noticed this? If this is true then Kimberly Clark is labeling S/M goodnites as L/XL. . . thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    If this is true then Kimberly Clark is labeling S/M goodnites as L/XL. . . thoughts?
    It sounds like you are well on your way to forming a solid hypothesis and then testing it. Collect all your viable data and then you will be able to answer your question conclusively without clouding the issue with silly things like popular opinion. I would suggest gathering a sample of your products in question, pre and post stretchy, of both sizes and measuring them in the same repeatable manner. Maybe by cutting them down the sides and stretching them to their fullest extent on some board and anchoring the corners?

Share your results and some pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    It sounds like you are well on your way to forming a solid hypothesis and then testing it. Collect all your viable data and then you will be able to answer your question conclusively without clouding the issue with silly things like popular opinion. I would suggest gathering a sample of your products in question, pre and post stretchy, of both sizes and measuring them in the same repeatable manner. Maybe by cutting them down the sides and stretching them to their fullest extent on some board and anchoring the corners?

Share your results and some pictures!
    I may just have to do this, however goodnites at the moment are a bit scarce, so it may take time but I will take pictures of the results and such when I have a surplus.

I've got some of the older S/M and all the L/XL and wouldn't mind doing some ruler comparisons with photos. Just from fit I can say that the L/XL elastic are definitely not S/M sized, as S/M is a challenge to get on and they feel like they're right at elastic snapping point. The L/XL pants (and I assume S/M) have been made shorter, happened around 2013 or so.

I agree that the L/XL seem looser now than they used to be. The size seems the same, but it seems like the sides are so stretchy that they don't hold the diaper in place well. I loaded one up this morning and it was sagging big time.

Isn't it interesting that Goodnites hasn't had any real competition, a company that really wanted to make a much better and effective nighttime "protection" (diaper). Maybe they're out there as more serious, teen diapers and maybe parents have found them on line, but they sure aren't in grocery or drug stores.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Isn't it interesting that Goodnites hasn't had any real competition, a company that really wanted to make a much better and effective nighttime "protection" (diaper). Maybe they're out there as more serious, teen diapers and maybe parents have found them on line, but they sure aren't in grocery or drug stores.
    Underjams are competition for Goodnites.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    Underjams are competition for Goodnites.
    Hahahahahahahah! Oh wait....you were serious.

God I really miss the old Goodnites. I remember wearing the BMX and the Soccer designs from my childhood and they were awesome. So much better than the current ones. Whatever happened to the good old days?

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeDude892 View Post
    God I really miss the old Goodnites. I remember wearing the BMX and the Soccer designs from my childhood and they were awesome. So much better than the current ones. Whatever happened to the good old days?
    Those weren't even the "good old days". The original plain white Goodnites that came in three sizes were wonderful. Of course they weren't as stretchy as they are today, but the XL size was pretty large (the current L/XL is actually a bit smaller than the original L). They were bulkier all the way around and more absorbent, without any of this "zoned protection" nonsense. The downfall started with the "trim fit" style in 2004 and they've continued downhill since. The designs are nice and all, but the product was MUCH better prior to 2004.