Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebbles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
What do you prefer? I'm just getting into my bottle again, and I've never tried Formula. What do enjoy using? I'd like to get a few opinions, before I am to buy formula for myself. At this time I'm just warming normal milk up.

I am not sure that formula would be a good option. It's made for toddlers stomachs and it is designed for nutrition and you a,ready have nutrition from food, on the other side, just formula on its own won't fill you up or be a adequate meal. If you have it as well as 3 meals a day then you will gain weight I am sad to say, I want to try formula but I don't want to risk my health or my vanity. Cows milk is fine to have 1 glass or bottle a day like I do. I would stick to cows milk and just warm it up in the microwave.

Ah, I see. I never actually read it any longer then what you've actually just said.
If may be, I might just have formula once a month or something and then the rest cows milk.

Thank you for your reply! I'm very much new to the community, even though in reality I've been apart of it for nearly my entire life, just never on the forums.

Angelic said:
I am not sure that formula would be a good option. It's made for toddlers stomachs and it is designed for nutrition and you a,ready have nutrition from food, on the other side, just formula on its own won't fill you up or be a adequate meal. If you have it as well as 3 meals a day then you will gain weight I am sad to say, I want to try formula but I don't want to risk my health or my vanity. Cows milk is fine to have 1 glass or bottle a day like I do. I would stick to cows milk and just warm it up in the microwave.

As being lactose-intolerant, drinking 1 bottle of milk a day would lead to very "funny" adventures in my digestive system.

Drinking only formula is quite sure a bad idea. But adding it alongside normal food (adjusting other food intake for added calories, of course)... I see no harm in that.

If you're worried about the weight gain, I'd go with normal cows milk.

But if you're lactose intolerant like me then sub almond milk or Lactaid

• Love
Reactions: MommyEllie
I eat cheese, rather than drink liquid milk.

Infant formula has little nutrition in it, there's only iron sufficient for the growth of newborns, so the formula had little benefit for adult than regular milk, I prefer to drink regular milk that have enough nutrition if I don't eat and I think it's better for the nourishment of me in my little side.

Beware of Formula, it sometimes contain a dose or iron that could potentially kill a healthy adult, iron is needed for babies and toddlers, but once we're adults, we don't need that much of it, be very careful with formula, there might be other stuff I'm not aware that aren't good for adults too.

• Wow
I've tasted formula and I thought it tasted kind of gross. I have a few trainer cups and a couple of them are 5 oz (6 1/2 when filled to the top) and I have one of those with lightly flavored strawberry milk cold in the morning and a 5 oz cup brought to room temperature using warm water flavored with a few drops of vanilla extract and a few grains of truvia at night before bed. As a special treat once in a while if I am not particularly hungry early in the morning I will have one of the larger 10 oz trainers with carnation instant breakfast in it, vanilla or strawberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back