Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been having a hard time lately trying to figure out why I like to wear diapers. Like what in my adult mind makes them think it's fun to wear and use diapers? What triggers it? Why do I like to wear and use such (no offense)an embarrassing thing? I can't be the only one who has these thoughts. How do you make yourself ok with it? It's odd.

you can't explain instinct, and it's not going to go away. it's easier to just accept it.

as long as you're not hurting anyone else, do what you want to do, do what makes you feel good.

I wish I knew. Not that I want to be any different. I would just like to know why a grown man loves to wear nappies.

Those are my thoughts. Why does a grown man, who otherwise doesn't like to be childish, like diapers? This community is great, but I still find it odd that I like to wear lol.

ST50 said:
I wish I knew. Not that I want to be any different. I would just like to know why a grown man loves to wear nappies.

Some people's favorite color is Blue. It doesn't matter why, and there's no use in trying to explain it. Just accept it. Don't let it bother you, and don't pay any attention to anyone who judges you over it.

Also, when I'm going through my binge cycles, it tends to consume most of my thoughts. "When can I wear next?" "What kind do I want to wear?" Stuff like that.

bambinod said:
Some people's favorite color is Blue. It doesn't matter why, and there's no use in trying to explain it.
This. I know that at least in my case I've had a thing for diapers as far back as I can remember. Nothing caused it, it's just there and there's not a whole lot I can do except live with it and make sure it doesn't end up ruling my life (so basically the same as with any other preference or hobby).

eagle1 said:
Also, when I'm going through my binge cycles, it tends to consume most of my thoughts. "When can I wear next?" "What kind do I want to wear?" Stuff like that.
The whole binge/purge thing can get annoying. I've found that trying to moderate both (wear less while I feel like binging, wear at least a few times when I don't want to) helped a lot. But then I don't think it was ever as bad for me as it is for some people.

Once you get past the shame, the reasons why don't matter so much. I've been 24/7 since last year and it's just my underwear at this point. I don't even think twice about it.

MattiKins said:
Once you get past the shame, the reasons why don't matter so much. I've been 24/7 since last year and it's just my underwear at this point. I don't even think twice about it.

That's the thing, when did I start caring what other ppl think of me? Why should I care if ppl see my diaper? But I do. I never really used to care what ppl thought, but now that I'm older, I suddenly do.

- - - Updated - - -

MattiKins said:

That's the thing, when did I start caring what other ppl think of me? Why should I care if ppl see my diaper? But I do. I never really used to care what ppl thought, but now that I'm older, I suddenly do.

boy, ask shy bladder folks about when did we start caring about what other people think! self consciousness is a normal human response. Why we like diapers is complicated and tends to be unique to each person. but as to why your are self conscious about it, that is just society. Maybe the better question would be to ask how would i feel if wearing diapers was the norm.

ArchtopK said:
boy, ask shy bladder folks about when did we start caring about what other people think! self consciousness is a normal human response. Why we like diapers is complicated and tends to be unique to each person. but as to why your are self conscious about it, that is just society. Maybe the better question would be to ask how would i feel if wearing diapers was the norm.

Maybe I wouldn't like underwear? Lol idk. I see your point. It's a good one. But it's certainly a weird thing to like lol

eagle1 said:
Maybe I wouldn't like underwear? Lol idk. I see your point. It's a good one. But it's certainly a weird thing to like lol

If you'd put all the ABDL's in one place, let's say in one big city... that would be quite a few million for sure. Imagine... a few million people... all adults enjoying wearing diapers. Would it be weird then?

I know, a crazy thought... but a few million is as big as my country! And I don't feel weird in my country when I say that I love it!

Don't get me wrong, I love wearing, it's great. I just don't know why I like it lol. I love having this forum to come to and get support as well. Definitely makes me feel like I'm not alone. I would, however, like to meet another DL in person. Never have, that ik of.

Just need to chill and get on with it...that's just you. It's just a diaper you might as well enjoy something you like. Try figuring out why a grown dude has an insatiable need to regress to a little baby... now that'll do your head in if you let it.

eagle1 said:
Don't get me wrong, I love wearing, it's great. I just don't know why I like it lol. I love having this forum to come to and get support as well. Definitely makes me feel like I'm not alone. I would, however, like to meet another DL in person. Never have, that ik of.

It seems that for most of us this "desire" becomes "etched" in our brains somewhere around first year of age. Well before any conscious thought. Therefore it's kinda pointless to ask "why" now. We should ask ourselves what we (might had) thought back then.

Maybe it's the feeling of comfort. The thick, soft diaper touching our skin. Maybe it's the feeling of security. Whatever we do, there's always someone to change us into a clean diaper.

Human psychology (especially in formative years) can be super weird. And it's pointless to make sense of it if top psychologists of our time can't.

I know that people that have a foot fetish are that way because the part of the brain that deals with your feet is next to the part of the brain that deals with sex. Sometimes the signals get crossed and causes some people to be aroused by feet. Wearing diapers for me is a fetish. I'm assuming there is a part of my brain that associates diapers with... well sex, so I end up becoming aroused when I look at bags of diapers essentially. I've tried to ignore this fetish at first but to no avail. Now I wear far more often and only wish I could wear more openly... around my house at least (I have roommates). I'm honestly glad that I don't have a bondage fetish or anything else that I think is stranger than wearing diapers. Here is a pretty good link that might help you understand.

http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/your-brain-fetish

I only purged once and that was over 40 years ago and never looked back. Excepted this from then on. Now i wouldn't have it any other way.

WABX said:
I only purged once and that was over 40 years ago and never looked back. Excepted this from then on. Now i wouldn't have it any other way.

While I'm sure you weren't the only one, that seems very brave opting for diapers in an era before disposables and organized ABDL support.

- - - Updated - - -

ArchtopK said:
Maybe the better question would be to ask how would i feel if wearing diapers was the norm.

I've often thought about this. 20 years ago, being LGBT was something people were generally closeted about, but now there is gay marriage and various other legal rights, and in many (but certainly not all) circles, it's no longer a big deal. With the adults showing their diapers in locker rooms, public bathrooms (if just the walk to the trash can), the kids and teens growing up with pull-ups, etc., I wonder if 20 years from now the stigma will also just vanish? Imaging taking a coworker aside and asking, "Joe, I'm out of diapers. Can I have one of yours?"

I went through the shame/guilt thing when I was younger, but after having these desires for 64 years, one learns to take it in stride. I knew I wanted to be back in diapers by the time I was four. If you go to Wikipedia and type in Infantalism, they have a very good article which includes sexual imprinting that might explain why we have these desires. Sometime during our formative years we made a connection between diapers and finding some sort of infantile sexual stimulation, or so the theory goes. Anyway, once a connection is imprinted into our early brain development, it isn't going away.

What do they mean infantile sexual stimulation?, I never felt sexually stimulated or sroused when I was a baby! Do they mean emotional attachment to diapers or this this something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back