Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wearing while potty training kids

Default Wearing while potty training kids

I find myself confused and would like to hear from other parents. My confusion comes from my working on potty training my 3.5 year old while at the same time enjoying wearing diapers myself.

Thanks for your perspectives!

Sorry I'm not a parent but I feel I have to say this:

Why potty train your child?

I would keep my kid in diapers if I were you unless he or she wanted to quit on their own. I just don't think its fair to make your kid quit wearing if you get to wear yourself out of joy or fun pleasure, etc. not for need. I just find it ironic.

yeah, let them do it themselves. talk to him/her about it.

I disagree with the other two statements. Unfortunately, society frowns on those who are "not normal". Especially when your child begins schooling, they will get picked on if the other kids find out they're still diapered.

Many older teens and adults can deal with criticism from our peers, but most 6 year olds don't. I'd recommend potty training them, but giving them a choice later once you feel they're old enough and mature enough to handle the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by teendiaperlover View Post
    i disagree with the other two statements. Unfortunately, society frowns on those who are "not normal". Especially when your child begins schooling, they will get picked on if the other kids find out they're still diapered.

Many older teens and adults can deal with criticism from our peers, but most 6 year olds don't. I'd recommend potty training them, but giving them a choice later once you feel they're old enough and mature enough to handle the pressure.
    yes!

Asher

I am not a parent, but I watch/raise my little sister most of the time, so I'm the one who has to deal with these issues. Here it goes:

I never pushed her to go use the potty; I told her to go on her own will and "when she was ready." She didn't go for 6 months (yes, she is late) but then she was interested.

Also, don't punish your child if they have an accident; just tell them that everyone has accidents and that they will get it next time.

There is a bunch of different factors in potty-training; I can't list them all in a post. These websites did help me out a bit though:

Potty Training Information and Advice

Potty training: How to get the job done - MayoClinic.com

If you have an questions, let me know. I hope this helped!

- Asher

kinda wish my parents would have given me a choice later in life. they dont accept me for the way i am which sucks and emotionally hurts.

BabyWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Sorry I'm not a parent but I feel I have to say this:

Why potty train your child?

I would keep my kid in diapers if I were you unless he or she wanted to quit on their own. I just don't think its fair to make your kid quit wearing if you get to wear yourself out of joy or fun pleasure, etc. not for need. I just find it ironic.
    If you don't attempt to potty train your child by a reasonable age, you can be charged with neglect. There ARE statutes in place for parents who don't take care of a child's needs and fail to help them reach critical milestones. It still happens, and some older kids haven't been trained, but if authorities found out those kids would wind up in foster homes.

You choose to wear diapers. You made an informed decision to do so. You child cannot make that decision. Whether or not he wants to wear diapers, he has a right to be toilet trained and later, when he has the power of reason, he can decide whether he wants to wear diapers. If your child is resistant, that's to be expected. Toilet training is dificult, wearing diapers is work-free. That's not a decision that they enjoy diapers; it's a decision to not do any work.

Being a parent means, among many other things, making decisions for your child. You're the parent, and you know what is best. You wearing and he wearing are not the same thing. Once your child has control of their bodily functions, and IF they decide they want to wear diapers once they are older, which is extremely unlikely, even then you get to decide if they can do so and under what conditions. If right now you decide to leave him in diapers because you feel hypocritical, then you are making a decision that is unfair to him and that will have negative consequences for your child for a long time to come, in effect forcing your sexual fetish on your child, and you will have done all that for selfish reasons. I don't think you are that kind of person.

Okay I guess I was wrong then. I mean I think my child would be confused if I tried to potty train him or her and I don't know if my child is going to notice me in them or notice I have them in my room so if I decided to potty train him or her, he or she might refuse because "Mommy wears them too." So I didn't see the point and decided I would just let my own child decide when he or she wants to use the bathroom like the other kids and his or her dad too. And I'd go "okay, lets get started" so I go and buy my child pull ups and a potty chair."

It's not me pushing my fetish on my child.