Telling parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind about telling the parents. Why are you wearing 24/7? Unless it's for a purely medical reason, you are basically retreating into a fantasy permanently & this could affect your ability to cope with reality when it eventually hits you that this isn't normal. This isn't like being gay & coming out of the closet. ABDL is looked upon as a fetish. So it's like telling your Mum & Dad "Hey.. I like to feel horny 24/7 by wearing adult incontinence products & weeing in them! Aren't you proud of me Ma? Pa?" THINK man. You need to get a grip, & face reality that you may need help with this. And that is why you desperately need to tell someone you hope will support you. Because deep down, you know this is a kink. An unusual practice. If you tell them, you will regret it for the rest of your life. But if the guilt of regret is the only way you can face this issue.. well.. you know best!

Travis9800 said:
Never mind about telling the parents. Why are you wearing 24/7? Unless it's for a purely medical reason, you are basically retreating into a fantasy permanently & this could affect your ability to cope with reality when it eventually hits you that this isn't normal. This isn't like being gay & coming out of the closet. ABDL is looked upon as a fetish. So it's like telling your Mum & Dad "Hey.. I like to feel horny 24/7 by wearing adult incontinence products & weeing in them! Aren't you proud of me Ma? Pa?" THINK man. You need to get a grip, & face reality that you may need help with this. And that is why you desperately need to tell someone you hope will support you. Because deep down, you know this is a kink. An unusual practice. If you tell them, you will regret it for the rest of your life. But if the guilt of regret is the only way you can face this issue.. well.. you know best!
Not to change the subject, but plenty of ABDLs are able to wear 24/7 and still live in the real world. And it's not a permanent decision. Some go 24/7, burn out, and go back to normal. I am not 24/7 for a long list of reasons, but I could easily see myself trying it for a week. There's plenty of people here who are/were 24/7 (and not IC) who seem just fine.

As for whether the OP should tell his parents, of course not. That's a bad idea. But I don't need to tell him that since he already posted that he isn't going to do so after hearing from everyone else.

history1993 said:
I just don't want to be in more trouble if they caught me wearing one. I have always been up front with my parents and I guess I am also filling guilty I have been hiding it for 7 year.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I think there should be clear and precise reasons for why you should tell them, I understand your feelings but guilty is not enough to tell them who you really are. there must be a good reason such as your parents already suspect it, or whatever that's make you must tell them honestly, you should know that while they don't know who you really in diapers, it's all fine. Each human in doing their life must have their own secret, whatever that, you know. Even if you tell your parents about who you are, it will plunge you into a huge problem and and also you will not get anything, you'll feel more guilty and depressed about what you've done if they don't accept yourself, your parents also didn't gain anything if know that you wear diapers. All you can do to get rid of guilty feelings is you should accepting yourselves whatever is and enjoy about what are you doing in addition not hurt someone else.

Yourself is depend on yourself, you've been hiding it for 7 years it's a great work, that's mean you have a priority for yourself about what you're doing, after all you are an adult right?, this all your life and just for yourself, all you can do for them in this life just learning with good for your responsibilities to achieve the future for you and for them, just that. Your parents don't have anything to do with you in diapers, this all the talking about yourself, your lifestyle of course. Get rid of the assume feeling that you will get caught and have a problem, do the best that you can do for your life.

AEther*

Last edited:
zaps said:
My thoughts exactly. Like irnub said, unless there is something tangible that is sought from telling them, I would avoid it.

That said, if they are the ones to bring it up because they suspect/found something, then that may be your window to tell/explain things to them if you find it appropriate at the time.

I'm pretty sure that my parents know from when I was visiting home while in college. My parents came in while I was gone to put new sheets on the bed. I KNOW they were in the room, and the diapers were in plain sight in my open suitcase, so I assume that they know I wear them. That said, I've never said anything to them, and I don't see gaining anything from bringing it up.

When I was home from college each summer I wore my protective undergarments each night. From my first month at college until 8 months later my accidents at night had tapered off a lot but I still did not want to stop wearing a diaper and plastic underpants lest I soak the sheets any night. I did my own wash and kept it discreet while they were at work during the day. I originally kept my underpants beneath my mattresses but one day my mom decided to do something nice for me and change the sheets. She never said anything but if you lifted up the mattress it would not be hard to see my plastic underpants. Eventually I just kept them beneath my regular underwear and figured if she asked about it I would tell them at that time. My sophomore year (age 19) I left my plastic underpants on top of my bed when my dad came to my bedroom to ask me a question. When I opened the door he made a strange face but asked his question and then went back downstairs. Only when I turned around did I see my plastic underpants on top of the bed and recalled I forgot to put them back in my underwear drawer.

At age 19 I believe my folks knew it was my decision and if I needed to wear plastic underpants / training underwear / diaper to bed they understood and would only discuss this issue if I brought it up. As noted by another contributor, do your parents tell you all their private affairs? If they bring it up, then discuss it; if not, let it go and do not force both of you in a "squeamish corner" that serves no major purpose. You are over 21, eventually you will move out of your parents house but for now your private affairs are for you only unless they ask. Based on my past siltation at about your age I think your parents would want you to have a bit of your own life separate from them (it helps get the son out of the nest). Keep your underclothes in your underwear drawer, if they see them then you can explain it at that time. If you are too embarrassed to discuss it completely just tell them you feel more comfortable wearing them and it provides a stress reliever while handling college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back