Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Telling parents

Default Telling parents

I am 22 years old and I live at home while I go to school. I am be wearing 24/7 last couple of weeks. Should I tell my parents that I am wearing diapers?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

First off, is there a specific reason you want to tell them?

I believe that for most people, they should not tell their parents or siblings about their desires to wear diapers. Of course there are exceptions so if you could tell us why you want to tell them, it will help us provide an answer for you.

I just don't want to be in more trouble if they caught me wearing one. I have always been up front with my parents and I guess I am also filling guilty I have been hiding it for 7 year.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

If you have been hiding for 7 years what is a few more? You are not going to gain anything from telling them.

Depends upon how close physically and emotionally you are with your mother and father.
    If you have been hiding it for 7 years and they don't know, then I would say don't tell them.
    Telling them will likely result in your parents being worried, angry, frustrated, concerned, etc..
    If they find out they will likely want to send you to a doctor, the physical or mental kind.
    You are an adult and it does not matter what kind of underwear that you prefer.

Would you want your parents to come and tell you about their fetish involving a japanese schoolgirl costume, a head of lettuce, and a pair of electric eels? No? Then I suspect that they'd probably feel the same way about you telling them all about wearing diapers.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but that's the best way I can think of to get my point across. Unless you have some specific and articulable reason to tell them that has some tangible effect, it's probably best not to. It's generally the sort of thing to be kept private, not necessarily because it's shameful or anything like that, but because it's a societal norm that the details of one's kinks aren't something to share with ones parents.

I'd ask yourself what you're going to gain from telling them vs the risks. I'm sure they're understanding nice people and they'll put alittle put off, but otherwise okay with it if you told them, after all they've seen you in diapers before. But you do risk a negative reaction.

All my experiences with telling people have been luke warm to positive. I've had two girlfriends that have totally accepted this side of me without issue.

And more relating to your situation, when I lived at home I came to terms with the fact I'll always be a diaper fetishist and I really just grew out of being embarrassed about it, so I just stopped trying hard To hide anything. My diapers were kept in plain sight in my closet and i wore under clothes most of the time while I was at home.

Eventually my mother found out When I was 19 or so and it wasn't a big deal, she thought it was weird but honestly she didn't really care.

look its hard it is a difficult decision im a mummy's boy I love hugging my mum. she knows I sometimes sleep with a paci it doesn't make it any easier but in youre case you want to tell you parents thatyou wear diaper. they know nothing about our community so you can leave the sexual side out. if you do decide to tell them just tell them only what you want them to know

Quote Originally Posted by Str88jacketabdl View Post
    I'd ask yourself what you're going to gain from telling them vs the risks. I'm sure they're understanding nice people and they'll put alittle put off, but otherwise okay with it if you told them, after all they've seen you in diapers before. But you do risk a negative reaction.

All my experiences with telling people have been luke warm to positive. I've had two girlfriends that have totally accepted this side of me without issue.

And more relating to your situation, when I lived at home I came to terms with the fact I'll always be a diaper fetishist and I really just grew out of being embarrassed about it, so I just stopped trying hard To hide anything. My diapers were kept in plain sight in my closet and i wore under clothes most of the time while I was at home.

Eventually my mother found out When I was 19 or so and it wasn't a big deal, she thought it was weird but honestly she didn't really care.
    My thoughts exactly. Like irnub said, unless there is something tangible that is sought from telling them, I would avoid it.

That said, if they are the ones to bring it up because they suspect/found something, then that may be your window to tell/explain things to them if you find it appropriate at the time.

I'm pretty sure that my parents know from when I was visiting home while in college. My parents came in while I was gone to put new sheets on the bed. I KNOW they were in the room, and the diapers were in plain sight in my open suitcase, so I assume that they know I wear them. That said, I've never said anything to them, and I don't see gaining anything from bringing it up.

That is a tough decision. Personally, I would never be able to "spill the beans" to my parents.
    Parents should be loving and caring, so if you do decide to let them in on your secret...I hope all the very best.