FoxyFreia

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Masking the smell of used diapers (only urine)

I am wondering how you guys try to mask the smell, is it possible?
Living home with my parents, I can only take my bag of diapers out every few days. Those few days and the summer heat make it enough already for the piercing smell urine develops to come through. I wear +/- one diaper/day and keep them tightly rolled up together in a knotted grocery bag. I also vent my room every night for 30 minutes to an hour.

Are there any methods I could try? Air refreshners, longer/more often periods of venting, a different bag,...

I would maybe try those resealable freezer bags. They do a good job of sealing the smell in when sealed properly.

Candles, incense, and products like fabreez do exceptionally well at odor control.
You can never have too much venting either.

I also like putting a layer of baby powder in every soiled diaper to help diffuse the smell a little.
Alternatively, buy boxes of baking soda. They're very cheap and do wonders for odor control.
Apply a generous layer at the bottom of your trash bag or with each used diaper.

If you can, try sneaking one or two into the bathroom trash without having the added weight be too suspicious. The smells would blend in more.

Do you have an outdoor trash receptacle? That's hands down the best way to dispose of diapers.
Just go at night when everyone is asleep or preferably when you're home alone.

Thanks you gave me some tips!

What if your diaper leaks?

The Scentsy used with Febreeze wax will kill all of the smells. You just have to change the wax every two or three days. I have fecal incontinence an no one can tell by my place.

Charcoal briquettes adsorb orders pretty well,, not the instance light kind just plain.

If you buy the higher end diapers they are Designed to cover more of the smell, and it does translate to when they're in the garbage as well. I never have a problem with dry 24/7's smelling even when they are left in an open small trash can in the bedroom.

That and when I put them I'll put them in a trash bag and tie a knot in the end of the bag so it's air tight.

Personally I like to tie up the diaper in a grocery bag; like form target; I also burn incense A LOT.

Just triple bag them or double bag them and throw in an air freshner stick.

while studying pampers patents, it is interesting to note that P&G has a few patents covering diapers that give off scent when wet. I am not aware of any products actually using this technology.

ArchtopK said:
while studying pampers patents, it is interesting to note that P&G has a few patents covering diapers that give off scent when wet. I am not aware of any products actually using this technology.

Ah just forgot to say, abu lavender are scented and rather strong scent in them. Smells of lavender but like some chemical air freshner spray.
Certainly won't smell of pee and to some extend reduces messy smells.

As experienced with one with both...

I put each used diaper individually into a garbage bag, twisting and tying the end to make it as airtight as possible. Occasionally I'll even then placed the bagged diapers into a plastic storage bin with a lid for an extra level of protection.

They do make a deodorizer pump spray that smells kinda like pine! At Medical supply stores that kills IC odor completely, you could have wet the bed two weeks ago and one pump and it's gone, great dtuff.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

what's the name of this pine spray, Tetra?

ozone generator, the ozone destroys odors, may cost 2 or 3 hundred +. Correction: I was just looking at them on ebay and amazon, and purchased one for about $70.00.
not sure how good it is. I will find out. I need it to kill the mold smell in my parents basement.

Last edited:
dondl2 said:
ozone generator, the ozone destroys odors, may cost 2 or 3 hundred +.

Are they really that expensive? Shouldn't be? Or get a malfunctioning piece of high voltage equipment for free and generate all the ozone you like ;)

Currently having the same problem

dondl2 said:
ozone generator, the ozone destroys odors, may cost 2 or 3 hundred +. Correction: I was just looking at them on ebay and amazon, and purchased one for about $70.00.
not sure how good it is. I will find out. I need it to kill the mold smell in my parents basement.
I'd be careful about those.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozo...evels. Sent from my LG-X180g using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back