Advice on Buying Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnonTDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a local pharmacy who sell the diapers/nappies that I want. I have tried going to buy them but I can never get the confidence to just go in and buy them. Any advice?

Yeah leave your sunglasses on buddy.

make sure you have the cash you need in your pocket.

walk in pick up said packet.

walk to the register.

look over the cashiers left or right shoulder so they feel you are making eye contact.

Hand the cashier your pack to scan, smile if you can, pay and leave.

It gets easier each time!

Unless you know the cashier, I think the only reasonable concern is seeing others in the store you might know. Scope the place out quickly, get what you want and pay for it. It's a perfectly straightforward purchase of a legal product and no one is really interested in you. I'm honestly a little envious that it can make your heart race like that. It used to be that way for me but buying in stores is no concern to me anymore. Now if there were only still diapers I wanted to buy in stores!

RIP Depends Protection with Tabs 2010-2016.

if it helps most cashiers don't really care what you're buying! esp if there is a lineup or the store is busy, they just want to get your transaction done quickly. even still, i always use self checkout haha. i heard a tip though once that if you're ever buying something embarrassing, you should just get a birthday card with it & no one will think it's for you. not sure if it applies here, but a useful tip maybe?

Good Idea thanks, luckily the diapers I want to buy are in very minimal packaging so maybe I'll try that! :)

Trevor said:
Unless you know the cashier, I think the only reasonable concern is seeing others in the store you might know

I seem to run into people I know with alarming regularity at the grocery store. Always not expecting an encounter with someone I know. always someone that I would not have guessed would be there if someone said I'd run into someone I know.

bambinod said:
I seem to run into people I know with alarming regularity at the grocery store. Always not expecting an encounter with someone I know. always someone that I would not have guessed would be there if someone said I'd run into someone I know.

It's pretty rare that I run into anyone I know randomly, and even more so when buying diapers. I still do a quick evaluation of the store just in case.

I like to order online, I like to buy from walmart and it arrives in a blank box. Buying from Walmart if you can is quick, cheap and stress free. Honestly the prices are better at Walmart than at CVS or similar because Walmart buys in bulk.

I recently bought two packs of Goodnites from Walmart online.

I always go to a city which is about 10 or 20 minutes away by train, so I'll see no one I know. I'll usually combine it with another shopping trip, so for example I'll by supplies for college alongside the diapers.

I just get my diapers along along with toys or what ever I want or need after college on a Friday's which used to be a early Saturday morning and gradually got later, the more I accepted myself, I just think to myself, I am like a toddler, I need nappies and it's a normal everyday occurrence, a teenager getting nappies for a younger sibling.

I don't buy in public if I can help it.

As had rude nosey people in chemists ask if I got the right size and look at me strange if I buy adult diapers.

I either say if they ask:
None of your buisness, or I'm buying for a neighbour( a white lie)

That 99% of the time gives them the message not to ask me things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back