• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.
Status
Not open for further replies.

memaymymoemoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi, my name is memaymymoemoo.

In my spare time, I like to write, read, and swim. I am a child care provider by trade.

I'm incontinent due to wheelchair use and congenital physical disability.

I came seeking info on the most absorbent cloth reusable pull-up diapers possible.

I also am looking to connect with others who sleep on their stomachs to learn how to keep driest when in bed.

I also want to commiserate/find a solution to "when the product only goes to size extra large but somehow doesn't fit you"

Do soft pull-up reusable briefs exist that don't have elastic at the leg cuffs?

Any assistance in finding answers to these questions is helpful. thanks.:smile:

I also came to lessen my shame at being incontinent in a supportive community. I have a lot of shame about needing diapers.

Last edited:
Welcome to ADISC memaymymoemoo!
We welcome you here and hope you have a wonderful stay and find what you're looking for.

Unfortunately, I don't know too much about cloth diapers, but I'm more than sure you'll find some folks with more experience than me on our Diaper Talk forum here:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/5-Diaper-Talk

Sleeping on your stomach can get pretty messy with IC, if I were to suggest anything: It'd be a plastic mattress cover and bed pad but that's more on the obvious side of answers. There's an incontinence forum that can help you much more than I can:
https://www.adisc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php/12-Incontinence

Best wishes and good luck!

thank you for responding!:biggrin:

memaymymoemoo said:
Hi, my name is memaymymoemoo.

In my spare time, I like to write, read, and swim. I am a child care provider by trade.

I'm incontinent due to wheelchair use and congenital physical disability.

I came seeking info on the most absorbent cloth reusable pull-up diapers possible.

I also am looking to connect with others who sleep on their stomachs to learn how to keep driest when in bed.

I also want to commiserate/find a solution to "when the product only goes to size extra large but somehow doesn't fit you"

Do soft pull-up reusable briefs exist that don't have elastic at the leg cuffs?

Any assistance in finding answers to these questions is helpful. thanks.:smile:

I also came to lessen my shame at being incontinent in a supportive community. I have a lot of shame about needing diapers.

Good Evening and Welcome!
I myself have Cerebral Palsy and I live in New Hampshire.
I wear/use diapers 24/7.

If you're seeking reusable pull on or AIO cloth products, they would be pretty impractical for most people, especially at night. They have nowhere the same capacity as their disposable counterparts. If you want the best possible, you should take a look at babykins. They do have better options in terms of AIO cloth protection. Some of which include waterproof barriers and others that require plastic pants to be worn as well. The bad thing is that plastic doesn't last long, and usually deteriorates long before the rest of the diaper.

http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-cloth-diapers/kins-pull-on-adult-cotton-diaper/ These do feature elastic but are covered by cloth.

As far as having a reusable product without some kind of elastic system is probably impractical and nonexistent.

You'd need some sort of protection system to keep liquid in.

Hi and welcome to the site. I would recommend buying some prefold, night weight gauze or birdseye cloth diapers. I like the Leakmaster brand, but there are other good companies as well. I also wear Leakmaster, high top plastic pants and I never leak at night. I find the gauze cloth diaper a lot more comfortable than birdseye, but the birdseye will last longer. Amazon carries a number of different brands.

Don't use soap on plastic pants or any petroleum product as oil products will make the plastic harden much quicker. Once hard, they tend to crack.

welcome hun..sorry im not an expert on the pull on sort but sure there is plenty of good advice on here to help you find what you need..hugs xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back