Status
Not open for further replies.

FightMeHelen

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
If I wanted to tell a friend of mine that I wore diapers, how could I possibly do that without sounding completely insane? Or what should I say if they ever accidentally found out?

Thanks.
-FMH

FightMeHelen said:
If I wanted to tell a friend of mine that I wore diapers, how could I possibly do that without sounding completely insane? Or what should I say if they ever accidentally found out?

Thanks.
-FMH

There's a lot of difference between having to tell and wanting to tell. What we do, wearing diapers when there is no need, is going to seem very weird to anyone who doesn't have the desire. It's human nature to not understand the things one doesn't personally experience. Lack of understanding makes it difficult for ordinary people too accept people who are different from them.

People can empathize with others on an array of emotions and circumstances. We can imagine what it's like for a parent to lose a child. We know it's a person's worst nightmare. That's because we understand loss as a result of death. We've lost loved ones or we've seen the anguish in others. But most people don't even know about the small group in society who enjoy wearing and using diapers, often with a sexual implication. When they do discover one of us, their reaction varies from surprise, shock or disgust. They can't understand why anyone would want to wear a diaper and use it, and even less, why they would want to act and feel like a baby or toddler.

So that brings us to the question, should I tell my friend I like wearing and using diapers, like a baby? The bigger question is, why do you need to tell your friend, or anyone? Do you think he/she will play along? Is this an area where you need the acceptance of friends? Usually, they will think you are weird, or have some sort of weird fetish. At worst, they will distance themselves from you. That's the ordinary person's reaction.

There are those rare and incredible people who can think outside the box and accept people who are different than themselves. They're the ones who can rationalize that everyone is different, and just because somethings seem weird, they don't matter if they are harmless. So which one is your friend?

In the final analysis, you have to ask yourself, what do I gain from divulging something so personal and different and what will be the outcome?

The first thing you should do is you must know what type of your friends, their level of education and knowledge, older or younger than you, then calm yourself for emotionless, not tense or scared. Explain to them patiently and clearly therefore prepare yourself early to learn more about this life so that your explanation not ramblings or sounds weird to them, think about what makes you love this and why you should do this, what the impact in your life, the points is remain focus and calm.

Besides you also think why you must tell your friend about yourself, this not necessary if they don't need the explain from you.

I would add: When you first tell someone about this - do not show them, just talk about it (unless, of course, they discover your diapers).

FightMeHelen said:

My basic rule of thumb is "don't voluntarily discuss your fetishes with anyone that's not already involved with them" (unless of course you intend to get them involved)

I'd definitely recommend not telling others about being an ABDL. If you do decide to tell, at the very least, tell at a time where it's on topic. For instance, if fetishes comes up as a topic of discussion (Shockingly enough, it has for me), then you could tell. Still wouldn't recommend it, but if ever there's a time to tell, it'd be then since you'd at least be on topic and it'd make sense that you brought it up. If you're just hanging out, and then you randomly just say "Hey. I just wanted to tell you that I like to wear diapers. I wanted to let you know that". Not only are they going to think "WTF!? Why would any adult want to wear diapers and act like a baby!?", but there's also going to be a train of thought of "I did not need to know that", "Why did you tell me that?", "TMI".

Most people don't discuss their sexuality with friends, and if they do, they still aren't going to think about the really far out there stuff like this. When most people think of fetishes and ask if you have one, they're probably just going to expect some answer like "I like to be spanked", or "I'm into feet". People probably would regret asking if they then discovered its diapers for me. You know your friends best and are the best judge, but I can just say right now that if sexuality is something that you and your friends never talk about, then admitting to being an ABDL in 99% of all circumstances is a bad idea and something they wouldn't want to know.

I think it all depends if they are open or like minded the same as yourself and how long you have known them..could you trust them with your life if they should fall out with you would you know they would never repeat.you have to take all that into consideration. I have a friend that is so close we know everything about each other down to things that we would probably not even share with our own families but those sort of friends are far and few between so you have to know your friend inside out before you do tell or you will have to be prepared for the worse case scenario that they will find it weired or should your friendship end they may reveal your secret..good luck...hugs xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back